[Poll] Your favorite spouse (female)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jerev, Jan 10, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite marriage candidate?

1. Abigail

59 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. Haley

54 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Leah

54 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Maru

23 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Penny

59 vote(s)
    21.9%
  6. Emily

21 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey man it's cool if you don't like Maru, but you make topics and post random posts about how much you think she is ugly and hate her. This topic is about which spouse you like. Try to aim for that goal. ;)

DreamerDrop and MrOriginalName like this.
    • MrOriginalName

MrOriginalName Space Hobo

Okay, Haley is the best, and my least favorite is Maru because of how disgusting she is. :D Thanks @Jack Of Shades

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

You created three threads about that opinion of yours. Two of those threads were closed by a moderator for double posting. Why do you try hard to be toxic?
        I judge your behavior toxic because you just state a negative opinion without elaborating it's origin. If you would have provided some reasons or arguments, a conversation would have taken place. Stating a negative in order to provoce aren't helpful.
        Here you explain your opinion with another opinion.

• SalixTree

SalixTree Void-Bound Voyager

Everyone can have their own opinion, sure. I personally think Maru is beautiful. She is super friendly from the first time you meet her, unlike a few of the other characters. She is a really cool science nerd! She helps out at the clinic. She gazes thru her telescope and looks at distant stars. She builds ROBOTS! And she's super cute :)

• dwuff

dwuff Phantasmal Quasar

Initially I thought Maru would be my chosen spouse, but as I got to know her, she seemed way too young to be married. I also liked Penny initially but it would have felt like too much of a rescue mission, which is unhealthy for any marriage. I really like Leah. I think in my next playthrough I'll probably choose her as spouse. The rest are all children to me, except Emily who I suspect might be on mushrooms 90% of her waking hours, which is fine if you are into that, but she doesn't really appeal to me.

I'm not going to engage with the blatant racist trolling I've seen around the topic (I think most people can agree that it's dumb and not worth feeding the trolls), but I don't think Maru is ugly at all. I think her hair might fall into uncanny valley territory, which is what might be throwing people off. But I feel the same way about Penny's hair. It's partially highly stylised and partially realistic and that makes it feel odd to look at. That being said I am very bad at pixel art and would probably not be able to do a better job. I think a lot of people who diss the portraits do so just because it's easier to throw stones than to build something.

• MrOriginalName

MrOriginalName Space Hobo

Nicely worded, if I'm being honest...But...How was what I said racist? Why does it have to be about race? I like black people, and I like mixed people. My girlfriend is hispanic for god's sake. How is me saying she's ugly racist? Emily is ugly too, what color is she though? WHITE. No one cares if someone says someone who isn't black is ugly, but once someone says another individual of color is (Insert negative trait here) Everyone goes ballistic. I'm tired of people saying Racism plays the largest role in my opinion of why she is ugly. Tired of it.

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Almost every single post you've made on the forum has been about spamming your opinion about Maru. The sheer effort you put into it is highly suspicious at this point, especially since you're now jumping on people when they call you out on it. Cut it out, or we'll be forced to assume that you are indeed trolling and begin treating you accordingly.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

We're really looking at just hints of dialog and images as containers into which we're pouring views based on a lifetime of experiences. So these NPCs become touchstones, changing into whatever we want. Every view is subjective.

That being the case, I could take as spouse any of the female NPCs--there's simply not enough to select among them. I'd prefer a human, though--and when multiplayer pops up, I'll be pleased to play SDV with my wife. :)

dwuff likes this.
                  • Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Certainly not Penny. I'm considering divorcing her because she called me a slob. "It couldn't hurt you to clean up more around here." I'm like what mess? You saw the kegs in the living room before we got married! And that's at 12 hearts.

How does divorce work? Do you have to get rid of the kids first? Will she take the kids with her? Can I divorce her and keep the kids?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

You keep the kids. She moves back in with Pam. There's only one way to get rid of your kids and it involves black magic.

Well. Two ways if you're willing to invest in Joja's new child-placement job service. I'm assured they feed their workhouse employees only the finest gruel.

Fuzzyman likes this.
                      • Fuzzyman

Haven't married Maru yet, but Emily, sort of just got boring after being married. I was starting from scratch with a new game for each spouse, but starting to think it'd be easier to go the divorce route. Then I can keep my green house and other assorted buildings.

Is that really a thing? I imagine if it is it would only be if you had gone the Joja Mart route. Maybe I'll have to pull up my game where I went with Joja?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
                        • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

...no. It's not. The black magic part, yes, you can get rid of your children using magic after completing the Wizard's post-Community Center quest. But the Joja Workhouse is just a Dickensian joke on my part.

• Fuzzyman

Given the dark themes that pop up now and again I wasn't sure. I figured that you were joking, but wasn't sure. Those are the best jokes.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Just so you know the emotional consequences of your planned divorce...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...id_it_i_married_and_divorced_everyone_in_one/

Just something to chew on.

Fuzzyman likes this.
                              • Fuzzyman

The memory shrine wipes everyone's mind? Not just your ex?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Well, there was never a lot of changed dialogue for other villagers except where it involves marrying into a family (references by your new in-laws, that sort of thing), so yes, it seems to reset everything... mostly. You can see from that reddit thread that there's still a teasing, lingering ghost of memory there.

• Fuzzyman

so the whole town goes to zero heart points?

Maybe I will then just start a new game

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

No, no. I thought you meant the memory of your marriage. No, it doesn't reset the social score for everything, just your ex-spouse. You won't reset the entire town in that way.

Fuzzyman likes this.
                                      • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I did so with Haley and I have to regain her friendship. But now she isn't bitter over our prior marriage. And yes, you can get rid of the little yard monsters with a good ole Prismatic Shard and the witches hut. ;)

• xMel248

xMel248 Void-Bound Voyager

Abigail for sure. She's a gamer first of all, and she seems to really appreciate the farm. I was going to choose Leah but then I couldn't get over the fact that she hates pizza and ice cream :c