RELEASED MysticTempest's Tea Mod

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MysticTempest, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Yea, things are going to be a bit messy for everyone when the Localization update is released officially.

Oh, and @Coolwyngs & @xangria
    Since y'all were asking for MoreCrops compatibility; can y'all test this out for me? This is for v1.1 of the game.

I added my Tea mod to the MoreCropsUnofficialContinuation package by TenkoKuugen. I tested the shop, my mail & recipes; it looks good on my end. The only thing I haven't been able to test just yet is the Greenhouse; which is having issues due to the EntoFramework. But, I'm on Linux; it might work on Windows.

Anyway, I figured I'd try to get this working on v1.1 so I won't have to do that much work for the next update.

Edit: Removed MoreCrops Compatibility from this post. See my original post for the updated version.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
      Coolwyngs, Zalkyria and xangria like this.
    • xangria

xangria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for the update! I'll give a a try and let you know if I have any issues.

MysticTempest likes this.
      • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Actual, factual, tactile Camellia sinensis? How did I miss this mod being released? And making it XNB editing is even better-- snapped up for perusal by an authenticated tea lover.

Did I mention my farmer's listed 'favorite thing' in the game is Masala Chai?

EDIT (with some suggestions)
        Looking over the readme file for this, I notice you've got a lot of very powerful buffs attached to the different blends. +7 luck/+2 speed, +5 farming/+3 fishing, +4 mining/+2 speed, etc, etc, on top of energy and health boosts comparable to the strongest healing potions in the game. While I really love the idea of this mod, I have to suggest you tone those buffs and bonuses down a lot (as in, no more than +1/+1 when combining multiple buffs or +2 if only a single class of buff is granted, and reduce the energy/health perk to something more in line with a light food item) for play balance. As it stands now the perks of tea recipes are through the roof, well above most other food items in the game.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
        • MysticTempest

Thanks Xangria!

Lilliput, thanks for the feedback. I'll think about modifying the buffs some more.
          My initial thought process was that since the cost to make those blends were high; I'd balance them out with stronger buffs.

Like the 'Berry Surprise' needs berries from Summer, and Fall; so it's a bit rarer.
          Same with 'Fancy Sweet Tea' needing a Sweet Gem Berry. Much harder to come by.
          But, I'll look into lowering their buff strengths while keeping the reward for making them balanced enough.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I'll agree with your point about the Sweet Gem Berry-- that's a crop that can't be mass produced and is expensive and time consuming to grow. Definitely worth some extra buff if used in a recipe. (Though +7 does seem a little high even so. Side note, it's nice to see it actually get used in a recipe for once.) Most of the other teas use things that aren't hard to get-- most players have no trouble hanging onto seasonal forage in quantity, even in the off-seasons. And it's easy to grow most of them with the seasonal seed packets as well.

Would you mind if I took a crack at sharpening up your icons a bit if I have the time?

• MysticTempest

Yea, that's true. Guess, I'm just used to very casual gameplay where everything's a bit less accessible. I'll make a note to work on that for the next release.

And, yea you can try if you want. I might go back and revise some stuff as well. Waiting for the beta to be done, & seeing the changes. It makes for a good time to revise, and get things ready for the next release.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Thank you I would love to try this out. I will let you know how it works. This is even better because I am playing the beta

• xangria

xangria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Everything seems fine on my end so far, but I haven't had a ton of time to mess around with it.

• Seriiiously

Seriiiously Aquatic Astronaut

Edit: Fixed! I had snagged the wrong mod from the thread it seems! :3 The mod is working fine in the game now!

Also I am not sure if I missed this information somewhere (I'll double-check!) but what do the tea cartons do in the game? I'm very excited to see what the collectible box does as well!

Also as far as commentary on the mod goes, I love the variety on the tea! I will admit the boosts seem a bit high to me for some items, but I'm end-game level and used to crying tears for having a luck boost, so I think that is more what surprises me.

Also would it be possible for green tea, white tea, and black tea - which are just energy/health restoratives - to possibly give a bit of a speed boost as well? I actually hate coffee and iced tea, so that was one of the most exciting aspects of the earlier mod versions for me - being able to drink "normal tea" to get a speed boost every morning! :3 If not, that is totally fine! I'll just pretend my iced tea is peach green tea!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
                    • MysticTempest

Thank y'all for testing!!

And, thanks Seriiiously; I'm glad you're enjoying this overall!!

Oh yea; I didn't really explain those items; but they're just for profiteering. I wanted something similar to an artisan good.
                      Like with Wine; you grow the grapes, then make Wine. But, you can take it a step further, and age them. I figured tea cartons, and a collectible Tea box; would fit nicely with the Tea theme for some artisan goods.

Thanks; and yea I'm looking into those buffs now. :rofl:

And, yea; maybe I'll do that for Green Tea. Either way; I'll keep that in mind while I'm planning out my overhaul on the buffs. I appreciate the feedback!

• Kulturbanause

Kulturbanause Phantasmal Quasar

Hi MysticTempest,

I received some requests for a compability version of my mod and yours.
                        Hope its ok for you that i already created that and linked your mod in my mod discription as well. The only file affected is ObjectInformation.xnb.

My thread ...

BR
                        Kulti

• MysticTempest

Yea, no worries! Extra compatibility is always good; ^-^

• Merryberry

Merryberry Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe possibly update that first post with the 'temporary compatible' version of the mod? I had the wrong files and didn't realize you'd updated to a newer version without searching |D

That said, TEA! I love you for this, because tea is love.

• MysticTempest

Heh, thanks Merryberry; glad you're enjoying it!!

And, yea; I'll update the main post later when I've officially released an update. I figured not too many people are using the Beta, so it'd be best to keep the mod compatible with v1.1 on the main post for now. While the temp one is for testing during the Beta.

• MysticTempest

Since it seems like the Localization update may be a while longer. I figured I'd release a small update now for v1.1 of the game. I also cleaned up my posts; removing the other downloads; so see the original post for details & downloads.

Coolwyngs and eemie like this.
                                • Merryberry

Merryberry Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I actually had to go back to version 5, as something in v6 crashed my game. Not sure WHAT, but v5 still works fine.

• MysticTempest

That sounds like you're in the Beta? V6 of my mod isn't compatible with that; it's only for v1.1 of the game. The new Localization update that's in Beta currently; changes the ObjectInformation file, and will cause a crash if you're using an older version.

V5 of my mod was a bit of a test for the Beta to see what I needed to change. And, I was going to hold off on further updates for the Beta, and wait til Localization is officially released. As my standalone mod; to include compatibility with the rest of the languages will end up needing modification to 27 files. And, keeping track of all the minor translation updates being pushed out every few days in the Beta would be a hassle. But, yea in regards to v5; as long as you're using the English Beta, it will work.

• tearful0eye

tearful0eye Void-Bound Voyager

this is a lovely addition to the game! thanks so much for making this mod

• Vgray37

Vgray37 Void-Bound Voyager

The dropbox links don't seem to work for me...

• MysticTempest

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up. It's fixed now.