RELEASED Expanded Crevices [New Version 2.0!]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Must have just been a server hiccup. Enjoy!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey, I'm sorry but I have an error log to share!
      Though, I didn't encounter any erros at all (I was able to get all the shortcuts and get to the Summit, so the erros might be pretty small), the only issue was

when trying to go inside the new cave, in the map behind the farm, I couldn't, as if there was a warp missing. I don't know if that is intentional, because you might not have updated the mod to that point, but you did mention that we would be adventuring into to the forbidden woods, so... Maybe something is wrong?

Sorry to bother you with these things, I can imagine how tiring this must be after a while :(

Attached Files:

• Androxilogin

Oh yeah, that was intentional. Heh. I am terrible at making cave maps. My main motivation was to sort of 'set the line' where things will go then fix it up as I continue on. The Guild bunkhouse is also in terrible shape but you can sleep there! The Forbidden Forest opens the bridge where the flower dance is held. Right now it's just a place to gain supplies but there is an opening at the bottom of the map to entice!..myself, mostly. To get it done!

Now that this is out in the wild though, I feel like I can get started on the beauty-ness! The house up from the beach is also uninhabitable. I ran into problems there so kept the inside map out and just left the seasonal overworld one for aesthetics. Kinda poor for a 'version' release but the progress was killing me.

• t4k0y4k1

t4k0y4k1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you very much for your mod, It's great. But there's a problem...

I think I found bug in your mod, it's when I start new game, I can't find Willy on relationship tab and he's not in his shack anymore after giving first rod... Can you please check and fix it?

• xMel248

xMel248 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm getting this error as soon as i press on a game file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I'm also getting that error, but please share your log instead of an image!
              Go into your %appdata% folder, click on Stardew Valley, then on Error logs and share the txt file here, please!

• I have a theory, maybe your Edits are causing that errors (including me, of course). And I think that's the reason why this mod and other Androxilogin's mods didn't work for me. What do you think?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

There is some interference, for example, in the Adventure guild. Although this mod's code works and you get the bunker house, some of the items clip through (in the Adventure guild map, not the new map), but you are still able to get into the new area and leave it with no issues. I still haven't had time to change things, but I'll be removing that code, maybe others (don't know if there are others, to be honest, I still haven't played much with this mod to know), just so I won't have that bothering me.
                  But I don't know if that might be what is causing all the erros in the log.

• xMel248

Sorry :x

I'm getting a lot of error messages. I might have to wait to figure out the problem before i try and use this.

Attached Files:

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@Python593 What COULD be an issue is XNBLoader and the files in it, but I've been able to play the game, get all the shortcuts and the new areas with no issues.
                      So it might be a false positive error? Either way, although you get an error log, you can get the perks from both mods.
                      (Though I will be updating my map edits so people can enjoy both mods, in the near future!)

Androxilogin likes this.
                      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

[11:22:31 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 1.9-beta.12 with Stardew Valley 1.2.15 on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

^^^ Your problem

My mods are not compatible with beta versions, I am not willing to go through all the trouble of essentially having 2 different versions to maintain just so people can use a beta version of SDV that mod-users have little to gain from... (Because your mods are still gonna be english, no matter what language you set SDV to...)

• xMel248

Ah, Alright, thank you!

• I don't know... could you check this?

Attached Files:

• MiyuDiana

MiyuDiana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good evening. I just wanted to let you know that I'm also having trouble finding Willy. And it's about half an hour later I caught characters coming into the house that's on Backwoods2.xnb. They go to this part of the map, stop, "look" at the house with a question mark, and out of nowhere they begin to cross walls until they enter the house. After that they reappear on the map as if they were in their house, but in fact they are nowhere, only to be found again the other day. This happened to me several times, especially with Willy and Alex. And this only started to happen after I started using the Expanded Crevices mod, the other mods I had been using for some time and it never happened. And yes, I use version 1.11 with SMAPI 1.8.

PS: Sorry if you have something difficult to understand, I'm Brazilian and I do not know English, I'm using Google Translate to write, and read.

• Androxilogin

Can you check in the upper-left side of the beach? I've had him get caught up there at one point myself.

Bunk house severely needs some work and so does the backwoods2. These, (including the mine) will need to be jotted down for the next version. I think of this more of like a prototype I felt burdened with.

Where's willy?: I'll be looking into this but do check the upper-left hand corner of the beach. He may be caught in the woodpile. If you'd like to break him free, use the Cleanup Crew to break him loose, but it's kinda pricey. I'll see if I can't get him stuck again myself and see what's going on.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I do not see any issues in the first, and the second is 1.9 and thus not supported

• MiyuDiana

MiyuDiana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been looking all over the beach, Willy's gone :cry:. I already use all mods (Cleanup Crew, TreeLife and VIP) since they were released, and I've cleaned the entire beach. He is not there. I think it's the same case of Alex entering that house in backwoods2 and disappearing from the map ... I've seen Alex doing it 5 times, and Willy 2 times, in my last created save. Once even Gus and Marnie went into that cursed house. I wondered what those two would do in a remote cabin alone .... Lol

PS: Actually at the beginning of the rescue, in my case, Willy appears after a few days (2 or 3 days after the event where he gives the fishing rod), however, there are days when he disappears completely and only Returns 1 or 2 days later.
                                    But the day of the event itself and the next day Willy nowhere, nor in the map of the NPC Map Locations mod.
                                    With this problem (from the disappearance of Willy) I resolved the quest to find all the locals watching the entire fishing event, which marked as if I had spoken to him, and using the CBJCheatsMenu mod to make him have hearts with me, So Appearing on the map.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
                                    • Oh, my fault sorry hehe. Well, in the first log I saw some warnings about "unable to apply tilesheet".

• Androxilogin

I've also seen Marnie and Elliot traveling through these woods running into trees. I think I've figured it out. This map was from an old mod, "Through the Woods" and never had a paths layer for NPCs. I threw together a test fix that adds this to the 'paths' layer. Please post your findings!

This fix will need extracted and to overwrite the backwoods2.xnb file in your Expanded Crevices folder.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is ALL saying a location mod has a bug, not ALL itself (At least, usually, sometimes ALL has a bug that makes it think location mods are buggy....)