1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Black Market 0.0.6

Advanced, high-quality, shady, weaponry for the public to use!

1. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool, looking forward to what you will come up with!

2. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Got a new sword sprite going, idk if I like it, what do u guys think?
    [​IMG]

3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'm guessing it does fire damage? It looks cool. Is the slight lean intentional?

4. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

The lean is intentional, its kinda like a rock sword I suppose

5. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Dekadrachm updated The Black Market (Reboot) with a new update entry:

Portable Black Market

Read the rest of this update entry...

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

So I was thinking about adding an official black-market store to the outpost

7. xaliber

I thought you were going to add them to Penguin Weapon Shop?

8. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

That's kinda what I wanted to do, idk yet, what do you think?

9. xaliber

IMO it's better to integrate the weapons to Penguin Weapon Shop as the penguin shop is... let's say, severely lacking in decent weapons. Having Black Market weapons available in the Penguin Weapon Shop would make unlocking it a worthy reward.

10. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Well, currently user requested weapons are in the penguin weapon shop for crafting and the penguin bay contains only Black Market Designed weapons and the portable Black Market contains both for pixels, but they are expensive.

11. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

I want to better merge the black-market into the game. Starting with a quest perhaps and an NPC to represent us.

Quick, someone hit me up with the shadiest outfit in the game, whats its name?

Or an outfit that represents the black market

I'm starting to make my own, combing a hat and a skull, I got a shady helmet lel

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  12. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Does this look shady enough?
    [​IMG]

13. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

That hat seems too classy relative to the worn-down look of the character's face. I'd suggest making it look more ragged, and lose the diamond. Also, the turtleneck kind of reduces the shadiness of anything by 250%.

Although, the rich jerk who likes to get involved in illegal stuff archetype would also be a workable alternative. I mean, it makes more sense than that the Glitch character you have now has enough money to develop complex weaponry but not enough to buy new face plating.

14. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

He's a representative
    either way, it makes a cool profile picture, I just need to make It look less blurry for the forums
    The diamond is the blackmarket's symbol, the turtle neck is there cuz idk how to draw a proper neck lel
    and this "glitch" isn't actually a glitch haha, he/she is wearing a mask

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  15. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

So, here is what I have planned for now... the penguin bay will not carry guns and only black market components like consoles and such.
    The weapon shop will contain user requested items but they must be crafted.
    The BM vending machine will contain all the weapons but for a high pixel price.

jonathonspy likes this.
  16. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

[request ticket recived]
    description: "i have always loved weapons that have incredible potental for both combat and movement capabilities, i noticed in a certant mod with steampunk lizards they have a cane sword with a dash tech too, is there a way you could craft something akin to that but it is instead a rusted large claymore wrapped in bandages? perhaps you could make an exact duplicate version that has the front flip attack as well? just so i can have two of these swords hotkeyed and swap back and forth between them, if this is not possible then a focused energy laser rifle would be nice, constant beam, low damage, light people on fire, all that goodness"
    [aincent warlord greatsword tier: 6-7]
    [DZ-580 "facemelter" rifle tier 5-6]

[aincent warlord greatsword appearance: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/24749-1-1348888358.jpg (its a big ass image) this sword, without the designs, covered in rust and wrapped in loose bandaging]
    [facemelter rifle appearance: {no image available} large, experimental looking with wires and vaccuum tubes sticking off it, makes a loud annoying buzzing noise when fired, beam is a continious beam of blue laser energy]

17. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

maybe a hylotl "shark" with a really big straw samurai hat and a scarf? that or two pinguins in a trenchcoat lol, OOOOOH ONE OF THOSE ROCKHOPPER PINGUINS WITH THE CRAZY YELLOW EYEBROWS AND RED EYES!!! THOSE ARE SHADY AS FUCK!

jonathonspy and DraikNova like this.
  18. TheFlyingDonkey

TheFlyingDonkey Tentacle Wrangler

How would one go about finding the shop/items?

19. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Shop items can be found at the penguin bay. You must reach certain story line points to buy them in order to maintain game balance. Alternatively, you could spawn them in with admin commands.

jonathonspy likes this.
  20. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

would a weapon that summons minions be doable?