RELEASED [SAMPI] Custom Farming on Nexus

Add custom objects to the game

1. Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

Platonymous submitted a new mod:

[SAMPI] Custom Farming - Add custom objects to the game

Read more about this mod...

Coolwyngs, MysticTempest and eemie like this.
    • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

What all dose this add to the game? It looks and sounds very cool. So I would love to know what it adds and does with the game. I am looking forward to your answer. I hope to see more of your great works.

• Platonymous

It adds the possibility to add custom Machines to the game without coding. I included 4 examples to demonstrate:
        A Lemonade Maker (turns fruits + sugar into lemonade),
        An Oil maker (turns vegetables, forage or fish into oil),
        a yogurt maker (turns milk into yogurt)
        and a sushi barrel (turns rice + vinegar into sushi).

The mod has a folder called CustomContent, where you can put in your own folders with custom object json files and sprites that will then be generated in the game.

This would be the json file for the oil maker:

And this is the lemonade maker:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
        • Coolwyngs

Want do you think about adding a jewelry maker to this. You could put in a gold bar and a gemstone to make rings, necklaces, and bracelets.

• Platonymous

dawnplechaty likes this.
          • dawnplechaty

dawnplechaty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you know that old mod that had new machines? A mill, vinegar macine, drying rack and few other things. Well its not been updated in sooo long was wondering if i took jsn files for those machines would they work with your mod? It looks awesome by the way

• Platonymous

You mean this mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-new-machines-flour-sugar-vinegar-rice.112242/ ?

The Mill & the Tank are pretty much replaced by the Vanila 1.1 Mill.
              The dryer would be no problem. And would look something like this:
              Though you might as well expand it to dry fruits as well.

The Vinegar Jar would work, but currently without the quality-variations, because I haven't included qualities yet.
              They will however be available in the next version.

• dawnplechaty

Awesome thanks, also is there a way to tweak the loom to use cotton? I have emcm so looking for uses for new crops just wondering if you have any ideas, thanks

• Coolwyngs

Wow sounds cool. I would love to see a cider maker. As well as a way to make teas and ways to use even more crops mods items in cool and unique ways.

• IronZelly

IronZelly Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to alter and make custom NPC gift tastes associated with the items created from the machines as well?
                    I imagine that yogurt would be a great gift for Leah and Emily for example, as an alternative for ice cream - which they don't seem to like apparently.

• Coolwyngs

Will you add the dryer and vinegar jar to your next release. The tank made butter and yogurt. So maybe a butter churn would be a good item to add as well.

• dawnplechaty

and the science machine would be good but i think adding that would put a whole new experimental side to things like creating plants that dont need watering, aw now i wanna start playing with thinga but im not sure how to actually mod, sad face.

• Platonymous

• dawnplechaty

i cant move the alien and my game crashes when i try, could you fix that please and tar :)

• Platonymous

That bug should have been gone with 0.4.8, do you have the current version? If so please provide your log and I can figure out what's causing this.

• dawnplechaty

no thats working but something else is crashing it now with lemonade machine, think you might have put the wrong id in for something but im not touching what i dont understand, my bro is a modder for minecraft, seems to think that you might have got numbers mixed up
                              also i no idea where to find log if you need it tell me how to find it, sorry and thanks

• Platonymous

http://canimod.com/for-players/faqs#error-log

If it only crashes inside a Shed, that's a known bug and will be gone in 0.4.9 which is almost ready for release.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
                                • Platonymous

• dawnplechaty

ok i moved my machines and where they were before i have now got chests? little glitch i think, have not seen if other thing is still happening but give me a little time and i will get there :)

• Platonymous