I feel like there should be a way of re obtaining museum rewards.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaoraiser256, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Hello.

Sorry for posting this here (I posted it once on a different section but don't know how to remove a thread on these forums.) but I just wanted to post an opinion and apologies if it sounds stupid.

But recently I have lost a rarecrow (the eighth one from Gunther, looks like a tiki) and am unable to get it back (and I'm on the Xbox one so I can't mod it at all),I don't know how I lost it, I believe it must have been a thunderstorm, and from what I have read I am not the only one who had something like that happen, it seems a bit too easy to just lose one of those rarecrows forever (I heard of some people losing them to weeds or wood spawning in there place) which is a problem if you can't reobtain them at all.

So I propose a way to reobtain those museum rewards (like the singing stone,the two paintings, the rarecrows and etc) if you lose them (like with the sword or pendant after the 1.1 update, how previously losing those would be permanent but that was changed.)

I don't know how it would exactly work out or where you would go, leave any suggestions if you have any, but I figured I would post this so there would be some attention to it at least, especially if you either cannot mod or do not want to mod the game for whichever reason.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

• Yeah, at least I wasn't planning on using it but losing it still sucks.

That's why I suggested something that could provide a means of reobtaining stuff like that, like how from what I've read, the mermaids pendant and galaxy sword could similarly be lost forever but 1.1 added the ability to reobtain them if lost (the sword was 50,000g but it still possible to reobtain at least.) so I figured I would toss this out there.

I did post it on suggestions but haven't received much feedback, I wasn't sure if that's the right place so I figured I'd post it here, idk if that's allowed and I'm not sure how to delete posts so I hope I'm not breaking any rules.

• Jack Of Shades

I'm new myself here, so I don't think you'll be punished for trying to get some feedback on a legitimate suggestion. Lol Personally, I think you should be able to get it back. HOWEVER. I think it should only be obtainable again if you lost it for good and have attained it prior to asking for a replacement. Or, similar to the way you can get a new Galaxy sword if lost, simply go to the Adventurer's Guild and pay for another. Still not really sure if a player should pay for another Rarecrow considering there is no 'fixed' price on one. And some unlock methods don't require gold to get it.

• That's what I'm thinking yeah.
          Be able to obtain it again if you've gotten it before and lost it (or the artifact threshold, I'm not sure how it would work if implemented especially if you lost it before or completed the museum but still)

I wasn't sure of any specific suggestions so that's why I didn't place any.I just wanted to toss the idea out there for dissuasion cause I'm pretty crap at this sort of thing.

• Jack Of Shades

Bit fuzzy on it to. Pretty much what I said was the extent of what I could think of right now (playing as we speak and checking the forums lol).

I don't blame ya. Really sucks losing something like that and having no method (or very hard method) to re-unlock it. Kind of a grey area.

• Yeah,

Losing something like that does kinda suck,I just figured I could place a suggestion so that it would be possible in some way to reobtain if lost and I'm not the best at it as I said, so maybe I could get something started.

Thank you for the response btw :)

• Jack Of Shades

No problem. Other folks might jump in to and give there feed-back. Would be nice to see what others think.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, geez. Yeah, being able to reobtain rewards without modding would be nice. I once restarted the day after losing a sword by dying, but it was a sword I'd bought from the adventurers' guild so at least I knew I COULD have bought it back.

• Jack Of Shades

I lost my Lava Katana in the Skull Caverns once...needless to say, I was mortified. I had to pay another 25k to get a brand new one. However, this was Y1 around Summer/Fall. So I was just getting on my feet. And it was my first save. I was so elated that I could get a new one. But It hurt my future funds for some time. :/

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

If you play on PC you could Alt+F4 upon death. You would have to replay the whole day but you would still have your sword.

About reobtaining the rewards what about a shop which sells stuff like the rarecrows after you unlocked them?

• sillyVTgirl

sillyVTgirl Poptop Tamer

agreed. My farmer had to do some downsizing before she had enough to expand her house. Also just frustrated with the clutter. Ended up junking msot of the museum rewards. Still wouldn't place them all, but would like to make a chest for them. I DID notice that if I get read of the Drum and Flute block, Gunther supplies me with more tho?

• H
                          He does?
                          I never knew about that one (I think you can get recipies for those too, not from him but I forget where.)

• Jack Of Shades

On PS4 currently, and at the time I never thought to re-do the day. Probably would've helped. ;-;
                            I tend to use that trick now when days go... awry. lol

And I was thinking something like that, yes. Kind of the same way Runescape did with certain unlockable holiday collectibles etc. You lose it, you can re-buy it/obtain it again.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Robin gives them to you after one of her heart events.

• Gotcha.

(I did that but forgot about that at the time, thanks for clarifying :) )

• Funcrunch

Funcrunch Void-Bound Voyager

I tossed the flute and drum blocks because I didn't see the point to them, then I saw this video:

• Oh wow, that's awesome :D

(If you've befriended Robin to 6 hearts then she gives you crafting recipies for both of them so they aren't lost at least.)

• Funcrunch

Funcrunch Void-Bound Voyager

Yep, I considered crafting a bunch of them but I doubt I'd have the patience to do a cover song like this :nuruhappy:

• Yeah that's true.

(Sorry for the late response, just been busy with stuff)