RELEASED Yama's Desert & Sewer Expansions [1.4 ready for testing!]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Yamadataiki, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Yamadataiki

Yamadataiki Phantasmal Quasar

Greetings!

I would first like to give my apologies for being away for so long. I didn't forget about you guys, I just took a longer break than intended. I didn't realize when creating this mod how many people would gain interest in it. I found all of my files on a backup, sewer mod included. I cannot promise anything new aside from minor map edits but I will attempt to get all major issues worked out before I release the next version. Thanks to everyone who enjoyed my mod, next time I need to go M.I.A I'll be sure to give permission to someone to release patch fixes if needed.

lannihamm, foghorn, Cemo and 2 others like this.
    • Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Take all the time you need! :D part of modding is having fun doing it.

• Yamadataiki

Dunesfail.jpg

I've been informed that somewhere along the line the files I've been working with have become corrupt, so either this weekend comming up or the one after I'm gonna have to put some major time aside and try to reconstruct the mods from the 1.3.8 download I've been providing you guys. It's a major headache. Just wanted to keep everyone up to date. Hopefully 1.4 will be out before the end of the month.

lannihamm likes this.
        • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Take your time! Don't burn yourself out on it. It's worth the wait :D

• Yamadataiki

I've done all I can, it's functional now... but the anniversary glitch is present every time you load a save, even games you start after loading the mod are effected if you stop playing and then load them. I've no clue what causes this issue. All I know is the console says "Failed to call base method: UpdateTitleScreen" upon loading a game and that's the only error I have to go on. I guess if you wanna be in my desert ur gonna have to just be single or married already and go with it for now, sorry :(

I'm going to continue to expand my sewer mod and leave my desert as is for the time being. I've started checking out mods with maps that could be configured to be used with ALL. I've already made Stardew Valley Enhanced ALL compatible, I have interest in creating an expansion to the east of town and would like to have it plug into SVE, But since I cannot get ahold of the original author I do not wish to modify his work (aside from patches/bugfixes) without his permission.

Untill 1.1 I'm unaware of any changes being made to the desert, and as I've already seen the new farm options I'm tempted to hold back on creating more maps/mapedits until I know what is being added. I started on a map near the canyon east of town which I hope will be safe from having to be relocated or remade. Once Farmhand comes out it will be alot easier from what I've been reading/hearing to get more content into my maps, so I'm just making the areas and patiently waiting to add content based on that. Might be a few months or more before 1.1 and farmhand are out though. So until then I'm sort of stuck. If anything I'll try to get the sewer mod more functional in that time and have a few exits put in that may or may not have to be relocated. Thanks again for all of your support!

Snarkypie, lannihamm, Cemo and 2 others like this.
            • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Dose this mod work with 1.1?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

@Coolwyngs

[​IMG]

You'll need to copy 'desertTiles.xnb' from 'Content' into the 'YDE' folder, but it works fine.

IronZelly, Snarkypie and Beon like this.
                • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Cool thank you. Dose the sewer mod work too?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

^Yes, no changes needed.

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Very nice! I am pretty much adding in all the ALL Maps, and others I can find that work together into my game to make it much larger and this is a perfect addition! I'd be happy to help test and break things :D Also does the save breaking bug still exist or did you ever figure out what was causing it?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The problem was the use of non-seasonal vanilla tilesheets in a outdoor location loaded by ALL without telling ALL about those tilesheets.
                        This caused stardews own seasonal code to crash, preventing the new season from happening.

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Ahhh ok very interesting.

• DiggleDugger

DiggleDugger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cannot get it to work for 1.1, SMAPI keeps freaking out when ALL tries to convert YDEs 1.1 manifest to 1.2. Sigh.

Beon likes this.
                            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is due to a issue with SMAPI 1.0+, I know about it and have made a work-around in my source, for now, downgrade to the last ALL 1.2 version before the SMAPI 1.0 update, use that to convert the manifest, then upgrade to latest again.

• DiggleDugger

Any chance you can link me to such version? I've been looking since I saw your post and I don't know if I'm being stupid or it's just sort of hard to find. Been away for a while, so my old versions are no use and it's not on nexus where the older versions are simple to find.

Or maybe I'm figuring it out now. I'll pop back in a few.

Well, I found out that SMAPI 1.0 came out Nov 11, 2016, as for finding which ALL version corresponds to this I am baffled.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
                                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

12.0 might actually be the only pre-1.0 one... if that... 0_0

• DiggleDugger

I spent several hours fiddling with it trying to get it to work, couln't get it. My versions of all are all too old or too new, and I can't figure out your GitHub to find older variants.
                                    It certainly did make it easier to see your current projects, but trying to find older stuff seemed like an effort in futility. Any chance you could link me to the ALL version you are talking about?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Will it be compatible with the Sewer Surfin' mod?

• Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Entoarox made LOTS of syntax changes for the latest version of ALL. This means that all manifest.json files need to have large chunks of their coding rewritten (warps are the most tedious to do).

I'm updating it now for the desert and sewer files, but it's just so damn tedious to do by hand, and I don't have any way to batch update most of the syntax changes due to how they were changed...

--------------------------------------------------------
                                        EDIT: Ok, I updated both the Sewer and Desert manifest.json files to be compatible with v1.2 of ALL.

[DISCLAIMER]: I take NO credit for the amazing work that Yama did on both of these map expansions. If Yama requests that I remove these files, I will do so instantly and without question!

For this reason, these are ONLY patch files. You MUST DOWNLOAD THE ORIGINAL FILES FIRST! Simply overwrite the original manifest.json with the ones from my patches.

*I've also included a copy of the vanilla DesertTiles.xnb file with the Desert patch, since it is now needed apparently.

Yamas Desert Expansion - ALL v1.2 Patch UD v1.0.7z
                                        Yamas Sewer Expansion - ALL v1.2 Patch UD v1.0.7z

EDIT:
                                        I have fixed the missing entrance to "Bug Land", and added in the quickmove warps from this mod.
                                        Please now grab the patch from this post!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
                                          Yamadataiki and Acerbicon like this.
                                        • Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

These maps are so well made, it just sucks that they have no purpose whatsoever.

There's just nothing to DO in any of them - no foraging to do (even the cacti that ARE there are all static and can't be picked up), no worm spots to find, etc. About the only things you CAN do on the desert map and dig for clay and other things, and maybe fish in the water (I didn't try). Not sure if you can even fish in the water on the new sewer areas (also didn't try). :L

EDIT: One other thing I noticed was that it still rains and snows on the additional desert maps. I am gonna see if there's a way to fix this, since it's annoying lol (there's probably a way to define the area for weather purposes using ALL, will need to look into that).