RELEASED [SMAPI] Extended Minecart 1.8.1

Minecarts on your farm and in the desert!

1. springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Does this run with just SMAPI?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No, you need EntoaroxFramework as it uses extended UI functionality provided by that.

• springacres

Darn. *glares at CA's Mac coding* Ah, well, I'll live.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

EmtoaroxFramework should work on Mac?

• springacres

I'll check again, but the last time I tried it with mods that required it, my game froze on loading.

[Edit] Framework works alone... let's see if I can get it to work with this mod installed.

[Edit x2] Seems to work, but I can't get into my greenhouse now. I also get these errors:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

really peculiar, I will have to look into why EntoFramework is failing on mac....

• Smallcorners

Smallcorners Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am not on a mac, but I am getting tons of repeating red ink on my screen, too fast and garbled to read. I downloaded it today.
                I am on SDV 1.11 and on Enteroax's Framework.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

loooooooog

• Smallcorners

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Smallcorners

There, I hope I did that right, with the correct file?
                    I plopped the mod back in to create a log with the errors in it.
                    Now excuse me while I zap the thing back out again!

Attached Files:

• Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I love this mod, but lately I've been getting an odd error where opening the minecart menu causes my cursor to vanish. I can still click on the buttons *if* I can find their positions without any visual guide, and then the warp works... But then there's another odd issue where the screen stays black until I press the "interact" keybind a second time.

I'm not sure what could have caused this to happen, since the mod WAS working just fine for me and I haven't updated it since the bug started occurring.

*Since it may be relevant, I feel I should mention that I play SDV with a gamepad, and am always in "gamepad mouse emulation mode" when the error occurs. I'm not sure if it still happens if I am in full KBM mode with the gamepad turned off, but I'll test that right now.

EDIT: Yep, the bug only only occurs when in gamepad mode.

Perhaps an update to Entoarox Framework caused the bug? I DO think I recall it started around the time I updated both Entoarox Framework and ALL last.

• JamieMage2005

JamieMage2005 Title Not Found

It appears this mod interferes with custom map mods that edit the .xnb files. I get the same lines issue as reported above. The only fix is to remove the custom map or the minecart mode.

• Smallcorners

I do not have a custom map? I do have the following:
                          Chests Anywhere
                          Instant Fishing
                          Look Up Anything
                          Skull Cavern Elevators (I get the error even with this removed)
                          SMAPI Sprinkler Mod (I get the error even with this removed)
                          Stack Split X
                          Trainer Mod (which came with the game)

If that list helps at all. I do wish to eventually add a map mod, but have been waiting to see how the extended world project pans out first.
                          In one of my saves, I do have a stable in the the default farm location for the mine cart. And in another I have silos in the alternate location. My third save is on the river map, so there is not an alternate location, but it is too new to have a stable yet, or barn for that matter, but there is a silo next to the mushroom cave.

• Smallcorners

Ah, I see I am getting different red ink with the Elevator mod now. Funny I was not seeing that on my other save? Perhaps because on that one I have gotten to 25 levels, and on this save I have not? Let me try to get the Jossie save to at least level 5 and see. In any case I forsee a posting on the other mod's thread.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

install EntoaroxFramework....

• Smallcorners

I did install it, a while ago, was it updated?

Did some digging and found the thread where to find the framework to download it - again.

Will let you know if it helped, either way.

(by the way, you are brilliant, I am just new to this stuff)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
                                • Smallcorners

Carts are working now, thank you.
                                  Still getting errors with the Skull Cavern elevator, on all saves now. Will update that thread.

• Smallcorners

Sorry, I am back again.

I noticed today that whenever I used the carts, after the transfer the screen stayed black, and I had to click to bring back the graphics. Odd, a bit annoying, but not terribly troublesome. When it came to Spirit's Eve, though, and I took the cart to town from the Quarry, there were no decorations when I got there. No skeleton cage, no maze, no party, just the people on the normal map with their usual conversations.

Looking at the error log (posted below), which did not match the one I saw on the screen (no, I did not screenie it), they do not look the same, what I saw on the screen mentioned something about trees being false, and numbers. The log, posted here, stops at the next to last action I took before taking the cart to the quarry, visiting the club, smacking rocks, then carting to town. I did not save the day, I took the attached screen shots, then exited the game.

ked-spiritseve-no decor.jpg ked-spiritseve-no maze.jpg ked-spiritseve-nomaze.jpg

I reopened the game to do the day over, did not touch the carts, took the pony to the festival. All the decor was there. (posted the file from that run as well.)

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

dont use the cart to go to festivals, it breaks things...
                                      (Yes, even in vanilla it does so...)