RP Heliabound permadeath

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Iceball457, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Iceball457

Iceball457 Phantasmal Quasar

The outpost is very crowded. There are so many people here that the line from terramart stretches outside. Most of the tables are full, lights blinking as people call for a waiter. Many glitch are serving as waiters today, busily beeping back and forth to and from the tables. The smell of Terren food permeates the main hall. Off to the side, in a large hall, the teleporters are clogged with travelers, and beyond that, ships fill the parking spaces by penguin pete's. Everywhere you look you see people. Except you don't see many Avali cause they're short. Newly installed elevators take a small number of scientists upstairs to the labs. You hear talk of techs that can be installed into a person for extra mobility. There is a small staircase leading downstairs to the less reliable areas of the outpost. In the hallway to the bar, there are probably many teens loitering about. There is a weapons shop down this staircase as well, but it is too busy to get at. Sometimes a ship leaves a parking space, but it is just as quickly replaced by another, nearly resulting in a crash almost every time. As people talk, it grows louder, but somebody in the corner keeps shushing everyone, bringing he noise down to almost tolerable levels.
    You are sitting at a table in the waiting area alone. The noise around you is ear splitting and the heat is sweltering. You have nowhere to go right now, and can't afford heat resist techs from the apex in the lab. Fortunately with your height you have a better chance of seeing over people. Few people are entering the outpost right now, but you sense a net movement towards the back hall.

You just entered in the main doors of the outpost. Infinity express is behind you, in front, mostly to the left, are tons of people of various races. You don't see many Avali, a couple on the edge of the balcony upstairs and one really tall one at a table alone. Today there seems to be an immense number of water based peoples. (Hylotl and Orcana) You have quite the number of pixels, but no crew. It would also be wise to get food and talk with the dealer in the back.

Outside: Infinity Express, Penguin Pete's, Auto dealer.
    F1: Terramart, Teleshop.
    F2: Tech shop, Sign stand
    F3: Frogg Furnishings, restrooms, Ore stand
    B1: Weapon shop
    B2: Bar

None currently

Dragonclaw likes this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Having not met many avali that tall, she decides to investigate.
    For... plot reasons...

3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Kevin looks around for some air conditioning. If he could find one, maybe he'd get lucky and it would blow cold air. Maybe.

4. Iceball457

There is an air conditioner positioned in the corner of the room. The air is a little bit colder, but still too hot for a sane Avali.
    As you move in to meet the exceptionally tall Avali, he looks around the room for something...

Dragonclaw and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  5. Jareix Cryvix

They tap on their shoulder.
    "Lookin' f' somethin' hon?"

Dragonclaw and Iceball457 like this.
  6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"Huh? Oh. Hi. Yeah, I was just looking for someplace cool around here. I don't have enough to buy that cooling tech."

Iceball457 likes this.
  7. Jareix Cryvix

"Ah, there's a place where penguins and 'vali hang out. Should be right about this way. Just don't tell everyone, m'kay?"
    She leads him down to the speakeasy, where she would pick up her job. @iceball411 (This is in here right?)

Iceball457 and Dragonclaw like this.
  8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Kevin follows Shierta (BUT HE DOESN'T KNOW HER NAME YET!)
    "Alright. Thanks."

Iceball457 likes this.
  9. Iceball457

Kevin and Shierta head down the stairs together. ((Yes the Beakeasy is here, that's the bar, I forgot it's name earlier in the thread))
    ((Also don't forget to stick together, :p))

Jareix Cryvix and Dragonclaw like this.
  10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Kevin tries to break the silence.
    "So... why are you here?"

11. Jareix Cryvix

She shivers as she descends to the colder area...
    "Jobs... I'm a courier..."
    She looks at the job board for assignments to take.

Dragonclaw likes this.
  12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"Ah. I was just looking for something to do instead of sit around."

13. Iceball457

((@Dragonclaw I assume you mean the metaphorical silence, cause it's loud))
    The Sallok mutters something, but you couldn't pick it up over the shouts at the bar.
    None cause you're talking...

The board is covered with tons of flyers, most are advertisements. Ever since large scale teleports became commercially efficient a lot of delivery jobs were changed to teleportation jobs, but some delicate shipments are still done the old-fashioned way. There are also some tourism jobs, and one for scouting out a settlement location:
    I have a china cabinet sitting around and want it delivered. Coordinates on back page. 20,000 pixels for 341 lightyears. You can message me at jennellneise@uscmail.space

Some friends and I want a place to live, our own personal planet. We are living at the Outpost for now, ask the people at Terramart for info. 3 million pixels.

Looking for crew members for about 6 months. I will pay based on how much I have. thetotallysanepirate666@uscmail.space

I've been living in a colony and now I'm 17 and I want to see space and be a part of a crew. I have saved lots of pixels and other money so I can pay for it. graetname@kluexisfake.planet

14. Jareix Cryvix

She decides to head back upstairs and ask about those scouting for the settlement.

Dragonclaw likes this.
  15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Kevin decides to follow her.
    ((You told us not to split up.))

16. Jareix Cryvix

She gives them a raised brow look...
    "Y' lost or something tallvali?"

Dragonclaw likes this.
  17. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Kevin gives her a slightly confused look when she says tallvali.
    "Nah. This just makes me feel like I'm doing something productive."

18. Jareix Cryvix

"Well, I could always use help where I can get it... tell ya what, you help me with this deal, and I'll give you a cut. What do you say?"

Dragonclaw likes this.
  19. Iceball457

((The number of times I've typed "SPLOILER" is just embarrassing.))
    Upon arriving at the Terramart, a Floran pops up from behind the counter. "Hey there, what can I get you?". From behind is the grumbling of people you just preceded.
    Bread, 40px
    Bottled water, 50px
    Hamburger, 250px. +Cheese, +50px (Grants +5 defense for a while, Not consumable by predators)
    Raw Meat, 200px. (Grants +5 Attack for a while, Not consumable by non-predators)
    Raw Eggs, 125px. (Not consumable)
    (Note: when I say not consumable I mean you will get a debuff. If your character can fit something in their mouth, they could eat it... I suppose...)

you have 5,000px

you have 50px

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  20. Jareix Cryvix

((You don't really need spoilers. Metagaming isn't something we do here in CFF, and even then it's not like these would stop it. Just use quotes, don't do so much unnecessary work.))
    "I came to ask about a family looking for somewhere to go."