RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI] TimeSpeed Mod--Configurable Day Lengths

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by cantorsdust, Mar 4, 2016.

1. quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

First, make sure you have the latest unofficial update of the mod (2.0.3), not the original version linked here.

All options are configured through the config.json file in TimeSpeed's folder (which is under the Mods folder). This post by the maintainer of the unofficial version explains all the possible options.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

TimeSpeed 2.1-beta is now available!

This mod is now maintained by the community, and this is the first official community update. Changes in this release:
      • Updated for SMAPI 1.9 and Stardew Valley 1.2.
      • Merged with unofficial continuation of TimeSpeed by @LasurDragon.
      • Internal refactoring.
      Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. @LasurDragon has volunteered as community maintainer, so they can now contribute to the official version directly. The non-beta version will be released once Stardew Valley 1.2 is out of beta. :)

[Edit 2018-01-25: community mods discontinued.]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
      • Alicha91

Alicha91 Space Spelunker

I don't get the tick description.
        How many Tick Shall I set it on? would love to have a 10min in game time to be 1-2 min in real time

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Alicha91. The tick length is how long 10 in-game minutes lasts. For example, a tick length of 60 means 10 in-game minutes lasts 60 real seconds.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• GetBlazedSon

GetBlazedSon Orbital Explorer

How can I get my machines to run while time is frozen like in the old version?

• Trixie9819

Trixie9819 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way at all to change the keys you use to increase and decrease time? Anything I can change? Anyone I can talk to who knows more than me about this stuff? (basically anyone older than 3 will know more than I about programming etc.)

I run a non-standard keyboard layout. Instead of QWERTY, I use the Dvorak layout, which means that I have to change the up/down/right commands to be the keys that are there in the Dvorak layout. (the move left A key is the same in both layouts) and it ends up with my 'move up' being the comma key. (move right is E, move down is O).

Needless to say, this layout makes it impossible to use this mod *sigh* after I finally figured out how to actually install and run it. (go me!)

I would love to make the 'more seconds per tick' to be the = key and the 'fewer seconds per tick' to be the - key. Though thinking about it, the 'N' key is now the 'B' key, and the 'B' key is now the 'X' key. Yeah, I know, but arthritis makes this layout mandatory if I'm going to keep typing.

Help me oh mighty Farmers, you are my only hope.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Trixie9819

Here, this is what I'm able to change in that file.

{
                "OutdoorTickLength": 14.0,
                "IndoorTickLength": 14.0,
                "MineTickLength": 14.0,
                "ChangeTimeSpeedOnFestivalDays": false,
                "FreezeTimeOutdoors": false,
                "FreezeTimeIndoors": false,
                "FreezeTimeInMines": false,
                "LetMachinesRunWhileTimeFrozen": false,
                "FreezeTimeAt1230AM": false
                }

nothing about the comma and period keys being the ones that will adjust your time while in the game.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Trixie9819

As far as I can tell, it's the latest version. Time Speed vs 1.8.0.1.SMAPI, and SMAPI-1.10

It works fine, I just can't edit the keymaps for it

Though, a new version of SMAPI was released 4 hours ago, after I started messing with this all, lol. I don't think that would change the mod, though. It is probably something stupidly simple that I'm doing wrong. Trying the config file was the first thing I tried.

I really do appreciate your help and suggestions.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, based on your config file, you're using an old official version. The unofficial update added key changing (old official didn't have this until the 2 were merged). The unofficial update also removed machines working while time frozen (merge also removed it from this official version), which I wonder if well see a config for again or not.

• Trixie9819

I decided to just clear everything and reinstall (after copying my save files) and will use the brand new, 4 hours old smapi and the 2.2 that you just linked, thank you for helping.

Edit, according to steam, I've played Stardew Valley for 580 hours.....

• Trixie9819

Aaaaaand back to in not working. Yes I am using the TimeSpeed 2.2-169-2-2, yes I put it in its own folder in the mods folder. Yes I am using SMAPI-1.11, that is installed in the main stardew folder. Yes I am using the StardewModdingAPI to launch the game. I set the increase to = key, and the decrease to the - key. no good. Then I changed back to qwerty and changed the increase key to ] and the decrease key to ' still no good. Realized that I was still in qwerty and said bad words, rebooted (just to be sure) in dvorak, still no good. 7 seconds per tick no matter what I do.

This is using notepad to edit the config file, saving it, then opening it again to be sure the changes were actually made in the file.

I can't think of anything else to try, unless it's the SMAPI 1.11 instead of 1.10 that's screwing things up.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Last edited: May 1, 2017
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you post a screenshot of your config.json open in Notepad?

• Trixie9819

WOOOTTTT!!! It worked!!!! Thank you, now I can actually clear out my 189 casks.

Pathoschild likes this.
                            • Aristatide

Aristatide Tentacle Wrangler

It is intended to reset to whatever your default tick length is whenever you change areas? Because that's absolutely what it's doing on mine.

• Aristatide

Aristatide Tentacle Wrangler

Right, so absolutely something weird going on here on my end. Not only does it reset every time I go to another zone--which includes going into the cellar from the house or into the greenhouse from the farm, but not different floors on the mine--but adjusting the "DefaultTickLength" in the config.json does nothing. I cranked it up to 90 just so there could be no mistake and it still starts at 14 and resets to 14 with each zoning. Something of a hassle.

Log is included, and in amidst the errors from Expanded Crevices you can see me increasing tick length while standing in my house having done nothing, increasing tick length from 14 again after going into the cellar, and increasing tick length again from 14 after going outside onto the farm. I got nothin'.

Attached Files: