Announcement Multi Language Open Beta Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katzeus, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardolvan

Bardolvan Space Spelunker

http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Artifact_Spot

proveisso likes this.
    • 1001night

1001night Intergalactic Tourist

Crash/Bug Report
      Language: Chinese
      Operating System: Windows
      Build Version: 1.2.14

What happened? Did the game crash, freeze / lock up, or just do something wrong (e.g. use the wrong character's dialogue)? What did you expect to happen here?
      In new game,
      Marnie did not arrive at player's home with pet on or before the first Spring 12.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Are they using the latest beta version or the current beta version? Earlier on in the beta we had a different font, which many people said was not as good as Eric's original. So then we added the extra characters to Eric's font and made the game use that instead.

So I'm not sure which you're referring to as the "old" SmallFont. Which are you saying people hate?

upload_2017-3-9_10-40-12.png upload_2017-3-9_10-40-19.png

• Chaiax

Chaiax Big Damn Hero

Crash/Bug Report
          Language:
          German
          Operating System: Win 7

What happened? Did the game crash, freeze / lock up, or just do something wrong (e.g. use the wrong character's dialogue)? What did you expect to happen here?

Game did not save properly. Date and money was saved correctly (17. spring), but all progress beside that was like a few ingame days ago. A new Coop and some new planted seeds weren't saved correctly for example

What were you doing in the game at the time?

Just playing and saving as usual.

Have you been able to trigger the bug or crash again by repeating what you did the first time?

Did not try to repeat the bug yet

If the game crashed, attach (or link) your error logs.

No error logs as the game didn't crash, but I can send the savegame

Edit: The Savegame was downloaded from the steam cloud as we got a new PC. Probably some steam cloud issues?

Edit2: The Savegame was not messed up at all, it's just a month ingame time lost, like when you play an older save. So probably a steam cloud issue

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
          • Yolanda_Qingxu

Yolanda_Qingxu Star Wrangler

I just find a words that easy to understand but still looks strange in Chinese.

Translation Feedback
            Language:
            Chinese
            Operating System: Windows 7
            Build Version: v1.2.14
            Which part of the translation do you think is wrong, and why?
            How do you think it should be fixed, and why?

Image 7.png
            After drinking alcohol,I got a buff called‘歪斜的’.
            I guess it would be crooked or dizzy in English game.
            In Chinese,‘歪斜的’ means something not only crooked but in a static state,for example ‘crooked tree’.
            If someone was so drunk and [couldn't walk in a straight line], we call it [歪歪扭扭的] or [蹒跚].
            If someone feel [dizzy], we call it [眩晕].

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
            • catt_s

catt_s Space Hobo

Translation Feedback

Operating System: Windows 8
              Build Version: 1.2.6275.21049

In the control settings, where you can set the hot-keys.
              In this line: "Run: left shift", the translation of "run" is wrong.

It should be "跑步" (as the meaning of "walk quickly"),but not "运行" (as -- run the machine).

• untergeher

untergeher Void-Bound Voyager

Translation Feedback
                Language: German
                Operating System: Mac OS X 10.12.3

While translating some articles to the german wiki I saw that there are many different translations for the SPA. There are at least three different ones: Penny calls it "Badehaus", the map calls it "Heilbad" and the TV Tip Channel calls it "Kurbad".

MarriageDialoguePenny.de-De.yaml
                Rainy_Night_2: "Ich habe gerade über die eine Nacht nachgedacht, als wir uns im Badehaus getroffen haben. […]

mail.de-De.yaml
                pennySpa: "Triff mich im Badehaus, nach Einbruch der Dunkelheit.

StringsFromCSFiles.de-DE.yaml
                MapPage.cs.11110: "Heilbad" #!String

TipChannel.de-DE.yaml
                43: "Gibt es in deiner Stadt ein Kurbad? […]

Is the intentional translation "Heilbad" (like the map says)?
                But to be honest, since the history of the word Spa is related to the City called Spa in Belgium and most of the hotels in Germany use this word i would suggest to name it just "Spa" in the German version of the game. ;)

• tccoxon

v1.2.15 changes
                  • More translation fixes. Please let us know if there are any major translation issues, as we think we're getting close now!
                  • A couple more attributions have been added to the about box
                  • Fixed the issue causing dialogue to be obscured by the cursor (when playing with a gamepad)
                  For reference, here are the changes in the previous builds:

• Bardolvan

Bardolvan Space Spelunker

Here is some Russian translations you did not fix.

• danielee

danielee Master Chief

Translation Feedback
                      Language: chinese
                      Operating System:
                      Windows 10
                      Build Version: 1.2.15

Demetrius 陷入沉思
                      A dialogue which means Demetrius did not reply, the name is not translated into Chinese.

• untergeher

Translation Feedback
                        Language:
                        German

just like i posted before: ;)

sebastian.de-DE.yaml
                        summer_27: "Morgen sammeln wir uns alle am Steg, um die Reise der Mondlichtquallen zu beobachten. […]

mail.de-DE.yaml
                        summer_10: "Hallo @,^morgen sammeln wir uns alle für das jährliche Luau am Strand. […]
                        summer_28: „[…]Wir sammeln uns alle am Strand, um ihnen zuzusehen.[…]
                        winter_7: "Hallo @,^morgen sammeln wir uns alle vor Marnies Haus für das Fest des Eises.[…]

"sammeln" is in this case just the wrong term. it should be "treffen" or "versammeln".

sebastian.de-DE.yaml
                        summer_27: "Morgen treffen wir uns alle am Steg, um die Reise der Mondlichtquallen zu beobachten. […]

mail.de-DE.yaml
                        summer_10: "Hallo @,^morgen treffen wir uns alle für das jährliche Luau am Strand. […]
                        summer_28: „[…]Wir treffen uns alle am Strand, um ihnen zuzusehen.[…]
                        winter_7: "Hallo @,^morgen treffen wir uns alle vor Marnies Haus für das Fest des Eises.[…]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
                        • mafi_93

mafi_93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh sorry, I hadn't seen it. I am not currently playing and I couldn't see it for myself. I guess the last one who mentioned it was not playing the latest version. :(

Edit:
                          I bring a new (albeit old) problem with the drop down menus.
                          Now you are sent to the top when you click on the window and it closes without allowing you to select. Same in the resolutions menu.
                          [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
                          • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Seems to still be an issue in v1.2.15. (Disregard the mouse cursor that shows up on top of the gamepad cursor when I printscreen.)
                            If you compare the gamepad cursor's location in both pics. It becomes a bit easier to see how it's still locked in place from the channel choice.

Screenshot-Stardew Valley.png Screenshot-Stardew Valley-1.png

And, translation wise; will the Spanish version get the 12 hour clock, and needed translations? I see English, Chinese, and Japanese seem to be using the 12hr clock cycle.

• Yolanda_Qingxu

Translation Feedback
                              Operating System:
                              Windows 7
                              Build Version: v1.2.15
                              Image 1.png

summer 1st,I got a requirement on blackboard in front of Pierre's shop.
                              It means "I want a Puffer On the chain. " in Chinese,it doesn't make sense.

I don't know the original text in English so I can't make a suggestion, but it definitely needs to be fixed.
                              Image 2.png

when I am choosing Hen house for my new white chicken.
                              The instruction is strange,we don't say “你的新白色的鸡”.
                              The owner is certain,so the“your”in“your new white chicken”can be omitted.
                              both new&white are adjectives,“的”should be added After the adjectives “new”.
                              “你的新白色的鸡”→“新的白色小鸡”

P.s.It drives me mad describing and explaining those bug and reason in English...sometimes it's just not conform to usage. Can I explain them in Chinese?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
                              • Yolanda_Qingxu

Translation Feedback
                                Operating System:
                                Windows 7
                                When watering can is out of water,the instruction says “出水” that means out from water in English!
                                when no water left in watering can,that should be “没水了”.
                                “出水”→“没水了”

• danielee

danielee Master Chief

same here, "出水" is so funny, guess the translators didn't even play the game, just looked at the script and translated word by word, which is certainly not a good practice.

• untergeher

Translation Feedback
                                    Language:
                                    German

really tiny "style" change

ObjectInformation.de-DE.yaml
                                    768: "Solar Essence/40/-300/Basic -28/Solar-Essenz/

compered to
                                    769: "Void Essence/50/-300/Basic -28/Schattenessenz/

it would be nice if both essences would be translated in the same way (2 Words combined with "-" or on word without "-"). both is right, but one style should be chosen.
                                    (i would prefer one word, so maybe change it in this way:
                                    768: "Solar Essence/40/-300/Basic -28/Solaressenz/)

AND
                                    Since you changed in German "Void" to "Schatten", i would suggest to change "Solar" to "Sonnen", cause it would match way much better to "Schatten":
                                    768: "Solar Essence/40/-300/Basic -28/Sonnenessenz/

edit:
                                    Blueprint.de-DE.yaml

Chicken: "animal/500/64/64/Huhn/Legt leckere Eier. Gibt es in zwei Farben!./null/Farm" #!String
                                    Double punctuation (! and .)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
                                    • mafi_93

mafi_93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Language: Spanish
                                      Operating System: Windows 10
                                      The wine problem keeps appearing.
                                      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
                                      [​IMG]
                                      [​IMG]
                                      [​IMG] [​IMG]

• tccoxon

What is the "wine problem"? There is one issue related to wine that we know about -- fruit wine from previous version of the game all appear as "wine" instead of e.g. "melon wine". But newly created wine doesn't have that problem as far as we know.

proveisso likes this.
                                        • masterpecos

masterpecos Big Damn Hero

ich würde es bei Solar-Essenz belassen
                                          und alles andere Schatten-Essenz, Schatten-Huhn etc. nennen.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.