OOC Halo: Beyond the Rim [Over for now]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Dragonclaw, Oct 22, 2016.

?

Difficulty

1. Normal (kinda easy)

2. Heroic (good challenge)

3. Legendary (THIS IS SUICIDE!!!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I added that picture to your app by the way.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. Erathcam

Erathcam Poptop Tamer

3. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Look, what is it you are confused about? Do you or do you not have experience in halo? Do you have roleplay experience? What kind of experience? Have you ever engaged in this kind of RP?

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

For this you need at least a primary weapon (secondary must be magnum), Weapon of Choice, a positive and negative trait, numbers in the avoidance and driving sections (8 points split among the two), and at least try to describe the facial appearance.

Jareix Cryvix and Firebird Zoom like this.
  5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Sorry for the double post, but we have some big news...

THE GRENADE LAUNCHER IS BACK!!!
    [​IMG]

This thing has two firing modes. One is just like a normal grenade launcher and the other is a hold-the-trigger-until-you-want-a-boom mode.

THIS MAY NOW APPEAR IN THE RP!
    I also may have forgotten to mention that it can EMP VEHICLES AND SHIELDS.

6. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

I absolutely hate the grenade launcher. However, if I want the emp's, I charge a plasma pistol.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Firebird Zoom and Dragonclaw like this.
  7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I love to mess around with it. In Reach I'd just EMP a Falcon and watch it power back up right before it hit the water. I also loved holding the trigger and finding the grenade. Good times... now they just need to add the Falcon back in.

Jake9039 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  8. Jake9039

yeah, I've played all the halo games except a little bit if halo 4 haven't played any 3 or 5, or wars. All in all I'm missing 4.3 games.

Dragonclaw and Firebird Zoom like this.
  9. Jake9039

I forgot a character application for my AI so here we go!

Name:Ethan

Facial appearance or full picture:

upload_2017-3-9_10-26-57.png

Primary armor color:none
    Secondary armor color:none
    Armor permutation: none

Backstory (optional):Ethan is one of a few people to see jake's face. Ethan can be any form he want,s but since he is an AI and lacks imagination, He either looks like Jake in normal armor, or a Bit from tron. He was paired with jake since jake got his first spartan armor, and so they have a great relation. When Ethan starts degrading, Jake promises he will immediately have him re-programmed, and keep his original and memories.
    Positive traits:
    • Smart: Ethan has an IQ of 143
    • holographic: Ethan can take any form he wants, as long as he is in a holographic projector
    • Tactitian: Ethan helps jake while making tactical plans,and provides maps around
    • I'm the map!: Ethan has a map built in of any structure he is in, as long as it's been done before or given to them.
    Negative traits:
    • inhumane: Ethan usually doesn't care how others think, if it's statistically more likely to save the human race, he will
    • Attached: Ethan usually will be biased for a more safe route for jake to go.
    • Stuck: Ethan cannot go anywhere, unless jake takes him with, or he is placed in a network.
    • Tree!: If put in controll of any movement, he hits trees. especcialy if in control of ghosts. even if there are no trees, he will find one, and hit it.
    Weapon of choice: Mac cannon
    Weapons (2): missile launcher

(18 points left, max of 10 per section)
    Avoidance:8.5
    Accuracy:8.5
    Driving:1

I wanna plug Ethan into a mac cannon so bad!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Great! There will be some MACs sometime later. The nearest one is in space right now. And what do you mean by weapons? I seriously doubt that chip can have missiles. I'll add it though. I also added the decimal in the avoidance section.

11. Jake9039

By missiles, I mean the ones that jake launches from a rocket launcher, or missiles on ships.

Dragonclaw likes this.
  12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Got it. He acts like the guidance system for missiles and rockets then.

13. Jake9039

Yup. He hooks up through special contacts in the suit. The armor has contacts in the fingertips, and that's how the homing missiles and needles work in my headcannon.

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I'm not sure whether or not the needles have little trackers. I think they are just crystals that explode when they come into contact with organic matter. Homing missiles use 'Smart Link' (I think), but Ethan could control/target specific areas with it. I'm pretty sure the suits have sensors though.

15. Jake9039

I just realized, we seem to be forgetting the armor abilities. For example, I want to get the attention of the hunters, and so I would smack them, and before they attack, I would use the armor lockup armor ability .

16. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

We might have armor abilities, but for now we don't have any. I'm going to use a combination of 4 and 5. You all have the ground pound (shown in the H5 opening cutscene), boost (also shown there), and climb up.

17. Jake9039

Do you guys want a little more lore about Jake and Ethan? Cause I got one cooked up. Just ask about "the barn incident"

18. Jake9039

Name:826 angry ram

Facial appearance or full picture:Name:

Facial appearance or full picture:
    See below

Backstory (optional):826 angry ram was monitor of the planet that Michael's team's first operation took place. After being awoken from his slumber by the defenses deactivation, he had to do something.
    Positive traits:
    Monitor: if he gets into a forerunner instalation, he can teleport, control defenses, and hack doors
    Flying: he flies, so ground and melee attacks usually don't work.
    Self repairing: if left without damage, he can slowly repair himself.
    Negative traits:
    Monitor: he speaks through protocall, and not too much more
    Ram: when he repairs himself, he forgets the past 5 hours.
    Flying: if he runs low on power, he falls.
    Weapon of choice: Monitor Lazer weapon
    Weapons (2): unlock beam/gravity beam

(18 points left, max of 10 per section)
    Avoidance:4
    Accuracy:10
    Driving:2

(OPTIONAL)
    Anything else I forgot/you want me to improve:
    durability:2
    I just wanted to try a monitor character.

Attached Files:

19. Erathcam

Erathcam Poptop Tamer

I play halo with my friend plus my mom beat the first halo ... I know even I'm surprised

20. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

The other questions were more important.