For Honor

Discussion in 'Games' started by MilkCalf, Feb 14, 2017.

?

Who do you pledge your allagiance to? What faction you (plan to) most play as? Stance on honor?

1. Question 1: For the Knights!

23.8%
  2. For the Vikings!

23.8%
  3. For the Samurai!

42.9%
  4. Question 2: As a knight

38.1%
  5. As a viking

14.3%
  6. As a samurai

33.3%
  7. Question 3: For honor!

81.0%
  8. No honor, only victory!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

That's why I said "as of yet". There is still no word about what the other four are, nor when they'll be released.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    MilkCalf likes this.
  2. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

You cannot defeat an enemy who wishes to die in battle!
    Especially when Manowar starts playing.

3. BloodyFingers

Happy to oblige...

:sarcasm:

MilkCalf likes this.
  4. MS_NorthEastern

MS_NorthEastern Orbital Explorer

@Dipdoo
    Hail, fellow Viking! I wish you best luck on your next raid. Time to add another chapter to our sagas, to Valhalla!
    Truly, no one can defeat the might of, Swedish Pagans!

Dipdoo likes this.
  5. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

I didn't realize how much I hated people until I played this game.
    The Conqueror's and Valkyrie's who spam stunlock.... They're the worst. If they get you once with their unblockable attack, you're as good as dead.
    I fought the same guy half a dozen times and he killed me in the same way each time, used his unblockable shield bash to hit me into a wall, which stuns for a second, uses a heavy attack which I can't block or parry since I was stunned by hitting the wall, the heavy attack stuns me again for a half second which is enough time for him to use his unblockable shield bash again. He kept doing that until I died, and he did it to multiple other people too. He was rank 7 because he learned the easiest and cheapest combos for that character. He said it was to get past the bullshit of the game. Heh, yeah, being a complete piece of trash who does nothing but spam the same cheap moves that can't be blocked that stunlock people, because being completely unfair makes everything fair, right?

They seriously need to nerf stunlocking moves, the Valkyrie's shield bash/ spear trip stun lock moves, and the Conqueror's shield bash stun lock moves, they just make the game so unfun...

BloodyFingers and MilkCalf like this.
  6. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

You couldn't be more right. Well there's been talk of a patch coming that reverts shieldbreak and nerfs at krast one hero (don't remember which). While Ubisoft might be a bunch of pussies, the slownes is partly the fault of the games asymmetrical nature.
    I can at lrast offer solace in the fact that your fighting skills will eventually evolve to counter your weaknesses (cheapness gives people an advantage but not invulnerability).
    No but by killing them, I win too.

Edit: I forgot to share this really usefull video:

7. BloodyFingers

oh yeah... those guys...

I learned that there are some classes you can't trade blows with. When I see a shielded opponent running towards me without lock on, I just sidestep instead of block. The Shugoki also has that nasty tackle move that, while slower, is also unblockable and does an obscene amount of damage. If it catches you off-guard or without space to maneuver, you're as good as dead. You can absolutely get two shot by a Shugoki crushing you over his shoulder followed by a heavy attack. It's Bullshit.

I fought a Warlord that just spammed that headbutt combo and often disengaged to run at me with his shield bash. Guess he expected me to just stand still and take it. I didn't. It disrupted his fighting style so bad he ran from me after a while. Dodge rolls also nullifies any tackle or guard breaks.

Omicron445 and MilkCalf like this.
  8. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

The Shugoki's charge scales with damage taken, meaning the lower health you are on, the higher damage it will deal. If there's a Shugoki on low health, do your best to avoid that charge, or it's all over. Also, the Conqueror's shield bash is overridden by the Raider's or the Lawbringer's charge, which helps for countering, but I'm not so sure about the Warlords charge.

9. Dipdoo

The charge instantly kills if the Shugoki is in critical health, under one bar, but you have a guaranteed kill if you dodge and light attack.

10. BloodyFingers

"If" being the key word.

So it is as bad as edge tossing when you're about to lose...

11. Dipdoo

The only guaranteed grabs the Shugoki has are when he throws you into a wall and when he knocks you down when you have no stamina, otherwise it's 100% avoidable and easily punishable.

12. BloodyFingers

if you're 1v1 them, sure. But as I said, they can blindside you with it and kill you when you're dealing with someone else.

he also has an attack after a grab that knocks you down for sure, stamina or no stamina, on top of moderate damage. In fact, he sends you flying. I don't know if you can fall off edges by that, and I don't want to find out.

13. Firepaw Da Cat

It can send you off ledges, it's done it to me at least

14. BloodyFingers

weeell, another "I win" move when things aren't going his way. Lovely.

So much for "For Honor", aye?

By the way, the Valkyrie is getting a buff. Apparently she hasn't been top of the kill charts lately. Right...

15. Dipdoo

She can do almost everything, but she doesn't do it well, Valk, Zerk, and Warlord are my favorites in that order and I really watn Valkyrie's heavy attack to be worth something, much too slow, short range for a spear, and mediocre damage. Her light combos are very good though.

16. Firepaw Da Cat

Uugh, why is the team I'm on always so baaaad? Seriously, I was playing a game of Dominion, and my teammates wouldn't revive anyone. I pinged them to revive me and they wouldn't do it. My body would literally be right next to them, and instead of reviving they would all fight the same person because they all want to get more points.
    I then sent a message and said they need to revive people, then our team was breaking because they barely focused on capturing points, and half the team died and again instead of reviving someone the last two guys fought one person until their backup showed up and finished them off so we lost them game, and then they insulted me and said I was just bad at the game (even though I had more kills and less deaths and a higher score than than all of them, and I revived people)

17. MS_NorthEastern

MS_NorthEastern Orbital Explorer

Awesome, got my two mains (Bezerker and Warlord) to Reputation 2 (and a sick ginger beard for my warlord)

MilkCalf likes this.
  18. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

This time, instead of showing you what to do, I'm showing you what not to do

I've been thinking that this thread needs a better name. Something inviting. Suggestions?

19. BloodyFingers

[​IMG]

Some egyptian gods can be really annoying.
    yes, same joke as before. Because I think it's really funny
    I dunno. Frankly I haven't played it in weeks now.

HueHuey likes this.
  20. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I really hope the game isn't dying. Well I guess former Dark Souls players and serious players will stay which is a good thing. Someone once compared the game to Chess.