RELEASED Longevity v1.3->v1.4 (w/DNPCC)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Dec 31, 2016.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@townkrier

Great ideas!

If you haven't yet played with Longevity, let me know if you still feel the bus fee is too cheap in your next play-through.
    Some new features coming in the future will likely interact with Sandy's shop and Calico Desert; a change to the bus price will be taken into account when I get to that time.

I love the idea of a cooking time. I believe that time is a huge resource in the game and a great candidate for balance (which is why I recommend not using a slower time mod w/Longevity).
    Time and NPC schedules can be tricky to work with, however, I will definitely look into something similar for cooking.
    (Either to balance stamina gains from food, and or to balance NPC gifting; time would do both, so again, great idea)

Thanks!

• aeroripper

aeroripper Space Spelunker

Can't get this mod to work. Steps I did:

1) Downloaded v1.4 + dynamic NPC
      2) Extracted to desktop, copied the "Longevity" folder in stardew valley mods folder. Opened that up and copied everything in there into the Stardew Valley\Content folder. Config shows everything is "true"
      3) Started a new game. Sleep till day 15, no tax report. Slept till day 28 and the rollover day in the 1st, no report either.

(I have Smapi 1.8 installed but am running no other mods, clean install of the game deleted everything).

Any ideas? Also for the next release it would help a ton if you add a graphic or something indicating the mod is working properly (even something simple like hitting F5 to show mod name/version number or something).
      That way its a lot quicker to see if the mod is working or not. Thanks!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@aeroripper

Does SMAPI claim it to be running?

Do any other functions work? (Price balance/DNPCC)

• aeroripper

- I'm not sure how to tell if SMAPI says its running? I've gotten other SMAPI mods to work fine though before I did the clean install just trying to get this one to work. SMAPI is installed as it was before and I use StardewModdingAPI.exe as before.

- The only way I know how to test your mod is by sleeping till the 15th and 1st of the next month to see if the tax reports are coming up (which they're not). Is there a more immediate way I can test to see if the mod is working? It appears no functions are working at all.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@aeroripper

SMAPI will write to the console which mods are loaded.
            Be sure that Longevity is being loaded.

Without other mods or errors, Longevity should have no issue working properly.

• aeroripper

I'm checking the console on game load and it says
              - "loaded mod: Longevity by RTGOAT, v1.4 ......."
              - It also loads "trainer mod by Zoryn v1.0" which I think is part of SMAPI.
              - "Loaded 2 mods" ... "Starting game" ... "Starting console"

So it appears its loading it, how do I know its working in game, or how do I access the console to see? I don't see the tax reports coming up so something must be wrong? I am starting new games to test.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@aeroripper

Try to remove the trainer mod.
                If a new game is having issues, let me know and I'll go digging.

• aeroripper

Sorry for the delay, I removed the trainer mod but it seems to have no effect. Still can't get it to work. Still on a new game.

• aeroripper

Update: I just got my first tax report after my first season on the save. Did not get a mid-month but it appears its working.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@aeroripper

I only have one other instance with someone having issues with tax triggering;
                      my assumption is a mod conflict interupting it.

I will patch this to prevent any potential issues in the future.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Update v1.5:

I will be releasing v1.5 sometime this upcoming weekend.

Features:
                        • More Crops Mod will be introduced in this version
                          • Crops are balanced and will run through all balancing features
                          • Pierre's shop stocks will be manually controlled (This will overwrite any mods that change Pierre's stock)
                          • Xnb mods that share edited files with MCM will be incompatible.
                        • All tree saplings are now price balanced (this is necessary to upcoming changes scheduled for v2.0)
                        • An informational file will be provided this release to provide in-depth mod info.

Future Progress Check:

I have no additional DNPCC content to add for this release (Need artwork if you guys want more default content for future versions)
                        I also have no new triggers for the DNPCC file system (Need suggestions or requests)

An in game menu to display information (economic/statistics reports) has been delayed to v1.6
                        (it is in progress, but currently unfinished)

DNPCD (Dynamic NPC Dialogue) has been delayed to v1.7

I expect to have v1.6 finished about two weeks after v1.5
                        I expect to have v1.7 finished about two-three weeks after v1.6
                        I would like to have v2.0, my last planned version (likely not last, but currently planned), finished by early May.

Stardew Valley v1.2 will likely cause some issues/delays depending on how broken Longevity becomes.

Thanks!

jpdd, 0_fool, IronZelly and 2 others like this.
                        • GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

"Longevity v1.4:
                          • Global and Local Economic Effects [ex: Disasters] (Delivered by mail or t.v)
                          • Crop failure/risk (Risk : Reward)"
                          I have been dieing for these features since Stardew Valley's release! Keep up the great work.

• HinataAkiama

HinataAkiama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, Longevity works just fine, I'm getting the taxes and everything else, but the NPC changes aren't working at all? My config is set to true, but I'm not seeing any changes in sprites whatsoever. I don't use any NPC mods at all, so I'm not sure what could be causing this?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@GARRthePIRATE

While I still want to implement those features, but I'm currently working on some other things.
                              Those features create a lot of variable change that requires testing to properly balance.

Since I'm on a shortage of time, I've decide to focus on some other things.

@HinataAkiama

Did you put the DNPCC folder inside of your game's content folder?
                              If not do that, if you have, provide a screenshot so I can make sure you've placed it correctly.

GARRthePIRATE likes this.
                              • HinataAkiama

HinataAkiama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@RTGOAT That got it working! Thank you!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

• qsato

qsato Seal Broken

Has this been released already or is it still planned to come this weekend? Can't wait for support for more crops mod

• BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

More Crops is going ot be include now in future updates? AWesome! I pray it will be compatible with 1.2 <3

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@qsato

Release will be later today.
                                      I just need to add configuration options and organize all new release files (xnb edits)

@BrandonPotter0

Of course mate, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon!
                                      I'll be updating Longevity for 1.2 as fast as possible when release for 1.2 hits.

GARRthePIRATE likes this.
                                      • BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

I sooo cant wait :3 How are you introducing the new crops into the NPC stores?