WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarinNWolf

DarinNWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello! I've been meaning to look for mods such as this one for the longest time, and oh my God does this mod tickle me in every bloody possible means :eek: However I have a few questions I wanted to ask before I go ahead and download this little gem of a mod

1. More then likely a rather dumb question, but this mod is up to date, correct? From looking at the first page I see it was last edited on May 1, 2016. Just asking in-case there are certain things within the 35 forum discussion pages that are needed.

2. Scrolling up I see that Krystedez made a contribution, which then leads me to asking if there are other contributions people have made that I could try out? I know I could go through the previous pages, but there's 35 pages... Maybe someone can give me a small list?

3. What mods should work/not work with this? I know for one thing that sprite mods would be an obvious, just asking if anyone knows.

4. This would be my first time modding Stardew Valley, so just so I dont royally screw something up, how should I safely download and apply this mod?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
      Roskii Heiral likes this.
    • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I'm not too familiar with this mod, but I figured I could maybe answer some of your questions. Because it's a xnb mod it's most likely up to date, as not many xnb sprites have changed. However, looking of the most updated version through the pages may be your best course of action.
      I did find this comment: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/anthro-characters.109960/page-34#post-3100638 And that seems to have everything up to date.
      Since this is your first time modding the game, I would recommend http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/xnb-loader.130047/ . This mod allows you to use xnb mods without replacing them in your game files. That way if something goes wrong it's an easy fix.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
      • DarinNWolf

Uh, I seem to be having an issue? I went to the comment that you linked and downloaded the "Anthro Mod Full". Followed the instructions and copied the Content file into my game's content file (Steam/Steamapps/common/Stardew Valley) however once I booted up the game and went to see if it worked, everyone was still human. I made a new game just to be sure, and still everyone is a human. I'm rather confused?

EDIT: Nevermind! Turns out I had to download the files on the VERY first page. I assumed the one I did download was the whole thing, but apparently not. Its working now!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
        • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

The first page mod is horribly out of date. Hope gave you the right instructions. Double check that you extracted the files to the right spot.

If you don't fix this, your game will have all kinds of issues (especially if you want to hang out with Emily or Shane much)

• Yasei

Yasei Tentacle Wrangler

Right I'm slowly getting it started, if anyone is interested (I don't put effort or at least as much as I should)
            I'm just mainly showing off the mods on these posts.

Balduranne likes this.
            • DarinNWolf

>Yiff

WEEEEEEEEEW

Yasei likes this.
              • Yasei

Yasei Tentacle Wrangler

:rofl:

I wanted to think of a funny name for it.
                So the series is called Yiffdew Valley

Balduranne likes this.
                • Krystedez

Krystedez Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, Yasei, just so you know, I have these four mods up:

Robin
                  http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/anthro-characters.109960/page-31#post-3051381

Demetrius
                  http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/anthro-characters.109960/page-35#post-3116581

Emily
                  http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/anthro-characters.109960/page-31#post-3054665

Evelyn
                  http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/anthro-characters.109960/page-31#post-3050001

Those are the main four that were missing from Gav's main package on the front page. You should be able to download them and add them to the Characters and Portraits folders like usual but if you have any trouble let me know. I watched your video, glad to see some interest in this mod regularly :)

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

PSA:
                    On page 34 there is still a finished, updated, complete pack of this mod, fully working with all characters completed. No hassle or fiddling; it's already done. Look for my post there.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE MOD FROM THE FRONT PAGE OF THIS THREAD, IT IS OUT OF DATE.

Have a nice day~

Flexico and Roskii Heiral like this.
                    • Yasei

Yasei Tentacle Wrangler

Oh thank you, kinda bit weird that Robin and Dem don't look like their kids (Or their kids don't look like them)
                      I've already Pre-recorded like 10 eps, lol.

So if I continue which I probably wont, I'll try installing them than.

• SWATtheFox

SWATtheFox Void-Bound Voyager

Hey good work on this mod I reaaaally love it! but I had some missing sprites for shane now that he's a romanceable npc. Do you have any plans to update his file and put in the missing sprites?

• Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Unfortunately, the OP has been AWOL for nearly a year. Other users in this thread have made their own patches to accomodate the updates and untouched characters - if you want them, look back a page or so in this thread. c:

• Roskii Heiral

Page 34, matey

Check for Blanchard's post

Blanchard likes this.
                            • Science

Science Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, I quit this game for a while but I saw promises of multiplayer and other updates so I started playing again and I made an overworld character sprite for the bara version of Harvey.

Attached Files:

elsbcore, Blanchard and Roskii Heiral like this.
                              • JohnTR

JohnTR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, which folder do I extract this one to?

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Nice mods! Now if only there was one like this for Harvest Moon too...

• Roskii Heiral

I feel like Stardew Valley is better than harvest moon, the ease of modding just enhances it xD

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Say... I am curious, ever since the shane and Emely update; Maru's nurse portrait changes into human, is there perhaps somebody here who knows how to fix this?

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

I love both games~ SDV has the great easy modding feature, but HM has the hand held perk :rofl:

• Roskii Heiral

Has never happened for me, are you using @Blanchard 's set on page 34?

Blanchard likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.