Modding Discussion Could I get some opinions on some sprite work?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RedArch, Mar 6, 2017.

1. RedArch

RedArch Void-Bound Voyager

So! I've been working on some sprite's. A re-texture mod for the Florans specifically. Would anyone be willing to put forth their opinions? The only hold up I have is that someone could possibly decide to take them. Or something else ridiculous. I understand these could be unfounded fears but I'm just a bit paranoid. So if there's enough support to see them then I'll post the sheet.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Scale up the sprites then pit watermarks over them.

But yes, the fear is mostly unfounded. I wouldn't say 100% unfounded, but really, the sprites would ha e to fit a would-be thief's needs almost perfectly, otherwise why bother?

3. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

or send us screenshots so nobody can steal the entire sheet at once?

4. RedArch

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll put a watermark on them and then screenshot it and upload it soon.

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I would point out that if someone did steal them, you'd have this thread as proof of your claim. The post even counts as a timestamp in that way.

Unless you're worried about Chinese websites or something. Not much you can do about those.

6. RedArch

That is a good point. Ironically some Chinese app company took images of Starbound's Apex ship and made it into their game.
    Anyways...I'll assume that the people here are good enough to not steal.
    malebody overhauled PNG.png
    Here's the sheet. I haven't finished it. The ideas were to make the Floran body more detailed like in the art, and also to make the leaves on them better looking and smaller.
    The problem I have is I feel it doesn't look the best. I feel something else could be done to make it look better. But I can't quite decide on anything so I decided to ask others on here.

7. lazarus78

The details are subtle, but good.

8. RedArch

Thank you lazarus! Anywhere I could improve them?

9. lazarus78

A little more detail on the torso perhaps.

I know body sprite work can be tedious, so I cringe a little just even suggesting anything, lol.

10. RedArch

Thanks! I don't mind sprite work TBH. It's like drawing for me. Just somehow innately satisfying.

11. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The belly area needs some kind of accent, it looks so empty. Maybe another segment line, like the one between leg and torso.

12. RedArch

Thanks! I'll try that.

13. RedArch

So I added another line on the torso. It really helps out the detail. Thanks for the advice guys!