1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

(Thoughts) Starbound Mobile

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by WingRaider, Mar 6, 2017.

1. WingRaider

WingRaider Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, first off. Think of the controls. What would they look like and how much of the screen would they take up? Of course as in almost every game you can change the size of the controls, but the controls could still block something you are trying to shoot. If you want, post your opinions here :up:

2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I don't know a whole lot about processors, so what I'm saying should be taken with a whole salt lick, but I don't think an iPhone 7 would be able to run Starbound.

3. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I can't even fathom this game on mobile. Not even taking system requirements into account, zoom-level-to-screen-size issues alone would seem insurmountable, given the level of precision you'd need for controls. It'd be AWFUL for builders.

4. WingRaider

I agree, it would also run horribly on phones and stuff like that.

5. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

the performanc of the game is so bad, I doubt it can run properly on any mobile.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  6. WingRaider

7. Kalteas

Kalteas Poptop Tamer

I kind of agree with everyone else in that this doesn't sound especially doable. But then, I think Minecraft and Terraria are unplayable on mobile, so perhaps listen not to me.

8. SoulFighterZ

SoulFighterZ Void-Bound Voyager

Why not just have bluetooth controller support?

9. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Starbound in mobile? I think the only thing doable is shooting and slashing enemies. Building seems to be a horrible things to do. Maybe Starbound in mobile will become a 2D shooting game.

10. TheMrAdam

TheMrAdam Astral Cartographer

First.,to play Starbound on mobile, you need a good mobile. Wery good mobile.
    Second, you need a 4-5 GB of free space, to download SB.
    Three, Chucklefish need a delete mass of the SB's content, to port his.

11. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, for sure. Starbound is laggy in PC. I can't imagine if it is in mobile.

12. WingRaider

Bluetooth controllers get pretty expensive.