Modding Help [stupid removed]Making AP rounds but havin' some stupid in my head.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by MetaFace, Mar 5, 2017.

1. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

So simply I'm trying to get the game to recognize a new item in the json for guns that tells the game that the rounds fired have the damage type of "IgnoresDef" which I know is the armor ignoring identifier.

Any help is appreciated.

2. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can define it in the projectile file itself or in the projectileParameters in the item file.

3. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

So I place "damageType" with "IgnoresDef" under the primary attack? Do I not need any lua code to tell the game to read this?

4. IHart

not under primary attack, under projectileParameters, no extra code needed.

MetaFace likes this.
  5. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Thanks so much. I'll test this in a minute.

6. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

So quickly made a new projectile. In it I put "damageType" : "IgnoresDef". Didn't work, no errors , but nothing changed I think I didn't understand what was being said 100%.

7. IHart

and the item you are using refers to your new projectile? what do you have set up to reliably test it?

8. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Yes, my item references my new projectile. Actually just edited my item while typing this, it works now. Moved the previous code into the item, NOT THE PROJECTILE FILE! Told you I had some stupid, thanks @IHart. With this I can make some really nice weapons never seen before.

9. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

What did you test shooting at? Monsters really don't have any defence to ignore.

10. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I spawn npc's in to test since they have defense.