Modding Discussion [No longer Taking Requests] Making Custom Lightsabers for a Limited time

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zanderfel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

woohoo! first single avian saber is done now making the double-bladed saber (not to be confused with a double-bladed staff saber)

Daldril, HellHype and xaliber like this.
  2. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whoa. That was awesome. I like the way the saber swings. Great job!

Zanderfel likes this.
  3. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

Wow... That is simply amazing! Love the sfx, and the alt ability animation! (Flip slash) especially how it looks like there's a winged effect during the spin!
    I just can't express in words how awesome it looks! Awesome vid too!
    You have done an amazing job!
    Thanks so much! Can't wait to see what you make of the double lightssabre!
    =)

Zanderfel likes this.
  4. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

is this above and beyond your expectations? or have you seen better? i only say that because i like to self evaluate and increase my level of skill

and thank you for the positive comments im glad you are pleased.... PRAISE KLUEX!

5. ImHereForTheMods

I'd say it's above, and beyond beyond my expectations!
    It looks, and sounds positively amazing!

and, no problem, you are doing a great job!

Love the way it moves when it strikes too!

6. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

Another update to the avian sabers....i went ham on this yesterday soo this is a bigger update :)

ImHereForTheMods, Daldril and xaliber like this.
  7. ImHereForTheMods

Holy guacamole! That is absolutely amazing!
    That double bladed one turned out even better than I had imagined! I like the styling you did to it!
    Catchy music too btw, haha.

Love the light trailing that follows the blade!

Like the tiered recipes too, and the ingredients, they make sense!

I had an idea, if it ain't too much trouble, maybe the crystal could pulse, on the final one, if that ain't too much trouble. If that'd be a lot of work, then don't mind it.

But anyway, I love where this is going! Keep up the AMAZING work!
    And thanks again, sooo much for the update!

(P.S) : If your video gets 100,000 views, don't be shocked, that's just me.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  8. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

fantastic news that you like all the designs and most importantly the double, the songs used were "spider forest" from the jade cocoon OST and some music from the star ocean 3 soundtrack... name escapes me atm

as for the crystal pulse, its hard to see in the video cause im terrible at it... i have the hilt all but the handle pulse in tandom with the blades, but if you want the crystal to be more prominent on aethergeist i can do this, but i will have to make another animation from scratch and tie it all together in the code... so this would set me back a bit as far as releasing to you if your ok with that

9. ImHereForTheMods

Hard not to like em', cause they are so awesome!
    Cool, thanks.

Sounds like it's a lot of extra hassle... ah... It's alright, It's fine just the way it is too!
    Thanks again! =)
    Keep up the amazing work!

10. ImHereForTheMods

I just noticed the electric pulse between the two blades in the upgraded variant! That is so awesome, I can't even put it into words!
    #speechless

11. xaliber

Your sprite work is fantastic. Do you happen to already have secondary ability ideas for my requested sabers, or could I request some? :p I have a few ideas but I think I might have bothered you too much.

12. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

no ive put all my efforts into imhereforthemods.. er... mod. but yeah sure lets hear what you got, ill tell you how feasible they are after

13. RedArch

RedArch Void-Bound Voyager

Everything is looking quite amazing so far Zanderfel! Can't wait to see more of them from ya!

14. xaliber

So... I have a few ideas.

For the trident saber, I think the special shouldn't be too extravagant. A simple "saber throw" special will do. So the blade will act like boomerang: they will go to a desired point and return to wielder right after. You know, the standard move every jedis/siths usually have.

I think this special is particularly useful for the trident saber since its size is huge. So it can damage a number of enemies at once.

For the lightwhip, I don't really have any particular idea for this saber. But if you don't have any idea yet, I think somehow like Mortal Kombat Scorpion's GET OVER HERE would be cool. The whip wraps your enemy and pull them to you while being paralyzed for a few seconds.

Something like this (starts at 0:10):

For the cracked saber/crossguard saber, if possible I'd love to see a combo... the first strike will knock the enemy upward a bit high. The second strike, you will "teleport" upward too behind your enemies and automatically do some slashing. The third/last strike is you hit the enemy hard so that they crash to the ground.

Basically an aerial combo a la Marvel vs Capcom. See the video here (it's in the first 10 seconds):

For the rapier saber... if possible I'd love to see a combo too for this one. The player will teleport to and strike three nearest enemies in consecutive attacks.

Something like a skill you see in Planet Centauri (starts at 0:51):

I think I have bothered you too much. :p Hope this doesn't come off as demanding.

15. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

damn lol this will definitely ride the limit of my current capabilities but I'll will try to accomplish these requests!

Daldril likes this.
  16. xaliber

Well, it's still a request, so you don't have to fulfill it haha. I'm aware I might have requested too much, so... I don't want to be demanding.

Your work on the Avian Saber is amazing though, so if you can pull this off, I'd really really appreciate that!

17. Daldril

Daldril Subatomic Cosmonaut

amazed by all your work! one complaint - as complaining is sooooo much easier than actually creating anything remotely significant, hehe.
    some of the hit sounds (in the first video - the two last sounds) sound like SW blaster sounds, that was a tad confusing.

18. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

no its not the same sound... i "borrowed" all the saber effects from Jedi Academy as i still had all of them from my modding days for that.... except for the double saber activation was an edited sound of my kitchen faucet turning on

Daldril likes this.
  19. MeKa6600

MeKa6600 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

20. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

@fluffyfloran Im hard at work on your saber but the animation is giving me a bit of trouble....but i anticipated this and had a plan B so it should be ok.
    I will post some artwork soon of the final design (unless you dont like it) or I will make a video showcasing what has been accomplished thus far if I get the scripting corrected for the animations

fluffyfloran likes this.