OOC No Man's Land- (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Roland Weiss, Jan 3, 2017.

?

Does this sound interesting?

1. Not too bad for a first attempt.

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. On the fence, here.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. I disagree.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Too many words, not enough substance!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Against armoured targets, yes; and even then, point blank does nasty things to everyone.

2. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Especially when jammed under the chin..

Edited my post now.

3. HunterC1998

Also, gotta ask so I'm double posting, what kind of masks are these? Gas masks? Metal or porcelain or something to take a bullet?

4. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Gasmasks. They'll stop birdshot or buckshot, but then again, that's not hard; however a magnum will have no trouble defeating them.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  5. HunterC1998

Good to know..

6. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

By not using it properly while being gassed. Also, people will find a way under 'safe' circumstances; it's just easy to have and not need, than need and not have the appropriate liability clause.

Dragonclaw likes this.
  7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I know you can kill yourself with it. If it has some string you could choke yourself. Aden was probably thinking about a person who was actually serious about using it. Like him.

8. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

One thing is forgetting to replace the filters after extended use.

Dragonclaw likes this.
  9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Those probably haven't been used extensively. If it has instructions and is in a crate, it's probably new.

10. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I meant a couple of the exoskeletons. You didn't plan on attacking them, did you?

11. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

((Forgot what I was doing with her...))
    She looks for one that might actually fit her...

12. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Uh, wrong thread, dood.

13. Jareix Cryvix

Whoops... edited IC thread post.

14. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

You're not going to be having much of a conversation over the din of gunfire.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  15. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

That's fine, just a little gag with the handkerchief. ;)

HunterC1998 likes this.
  16. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

@critsarecool @Dipdoo and @themushroomlord
    This is your reminder that this still exists; I haven't seen you guys post in a while. I understand crits might be taking a break from the forums though.

17. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Sorry, this weekend was one wild ride and I spaced a great many things. I'm back now though.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  18. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

You're going to have a hard time holding a normal sized, or in this case midget sized, pick in the cargo exoskeleton's mitts. Unless you use your normal hands, but that'll get rid of the suit's reach and strength advantage.

19. Jareix Cryvix

Her pick isn't midget sized, it's full sized. They don't make midget picks in the mining town. :p

20. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

@BlueShard Dragging this conversation over here, since it's a better place to have it.
    Sorry, I've been giving you a bit of a hard time. How to wind up gun people 101: mixing up terminology; such as mixing up clips and magazines.
    [​IMG]

Now, I brought up the Mauser C96 because it's one of the few semi-auto pistols that loads via clips:
    [​IMG]
    As for the 'guns in cop shows' You're talking about a pistol that loads via a 'detachable box magazine'. If that's a bit of a mouthful, most call them 'mags'. Also to be noted, most modern guns, with the exception of belt fed machine guns, also load that way.

Finally, 'racking the slide', yes that's the technical term, 'charges' a gun, it doesn't 'prime' it. Priming is a different kettle of fish.