Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Games' started by Camodude10, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Camodude10

Camodude10 Aquatic Astronaut

So everything about the Nintendo Switch has been shown. We won't know any more until it releases March 3rd. I personally love it, especially the new Mario and LoZ.

NaiJi and Alecrewex like this.
  2. Alecrewex

Alecrewex Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, this certainly seems like a great console, I can barely wait for its release. Well, except that i can...
    Yeah, the new Mario and Zelda games might be the best in their respective franchises, by the looks of it, at least.
    they gave the games a new touch and it looks like they have covered up all the problems that the Wii U™ had (and yes, that "™" was necessary).

NaiJi, Camodude10 and Thunderkiwi like this.
  3. Camodude10

It's about time we got a 3D Mario game that's similar to SM64/Sunshine. Miyamoto even said it was meant to be.

4. NaiJi

NaiJi Starship Captain

I really want to play some bloodbath arcades. And, I suppose, Switch will be really cool and useful with games like AudioSurf2 (link). I mean, you can play it in time of boring lessons and on a big screen like your TV. The game is pretty beautiful (if you set a beautiful skin)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  5. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I'd advise caution. Internet accest fees shouldn't exist. I've also heard that it might have low framerate, small memory, inneficient nemory handling (makes it slow to start games at least) and slow internet.

Arra likes this.
  6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I don't expect much either. They aren't technically great devices, but Nintendo managed to keep their hendhelds alive by a few very successful games. Thats not what many others managed. But technically, it isn't great nor innovative..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    MilkCalf likes this.
  7. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I think there was some innovation in the planning phase but the execution is lacking. This is what I like about Nintendo, they usually go their own way and while rubbish at times, it really helps in the long run.

8. Camodude10

I just like that they're opening up. Maybe they will be more like Microsoft/Sony now. But I doubt it.

MilkCalf likes this.
  9. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

Trust their catalogue and such, but I'm worried about the Hardware. Hope it keeps up at least with standards

10. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

I am quite honestly just looking forward to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild, at the moment. (Soon my preciousssss, sssssoooooonnnnn...) I've already got a Wii U so I will at least start with that, but I suppose I'll see what I'll do about it later on.

11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I am thinking of not buying a Switch and instead get a Wii U and catch up on some classic games, how does the console behave for you? does it handle very long game sessions? what of the controller? can you play and have it plugged in at the same time? is it about the same size as a PS3 super slim? or slightly bigger? does it require internet?

Sorry for so many questions?!

12. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

I'm curious too about how viable is to relie on the Virtual Console to play classics. Too pricey? Too steep?

13. Camodude10

It will have Gamecube virtual console, which is what me and many others have wanted for a long time. Virtual Console is a great way to replay classic games that you lost the disc/cartridge/console to through your childhood or to try older games that you never played.

14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

hold on, Switch will have the ability to replay gamecube games virtually? this is not present in the Wii U is it?

15. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

The thing is, for the most part I can do that in a emulator. Naturally in a proper console and not using a DS3 controller it would be the best experience, but I'd have to check prices and if Nintendo is making those games avaleible in different consoles if you have them.

16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I am also wondering about this, I hope Wii U gets the gamecube VC, I am sure it has the power to run it... and im sure it would be business for them, too.

17. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

Giving them away for ~5 bucks would make the games sell like pokemon cards in a schoolyard. But when we are going over 6 bucks when there wasn't that much effort put in beyond the port, while the purchase is only usable in the console you bought it for, then it starts to become a bit scammy, IMO.

Corraidhín likes this.
  18. Camodude10

No, Wii U didn't have Gamecube virtual console or the ability to play Gamecube discs in favor of original Wii discs. We've been asking them for Gamecube VC since the Wii, but it's never happened up until now and the Switch would be a great console for Gamecube games.

19. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

it would be quite the shame (and a loss in financial opportunities) if they decided to make GCN games available only for the bloody new console... bah, I get the feel it just will happen...!

no matter how I look at it, I cannot get interested in this new console, though it strangely made me want to buy a Wii U instead.

20. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Alot of people complain that the pad is bulky and all that, but I honestly don't see the problem with it. Anyway, yes, it can be played on for longer durations, you can charge the pad in the same time aswell. Old classic games are usually just the ones that Nintendo made. The Wii U doesn't require internet at all, only for potential updates, but even then you can skip that step and just go on with playing a game. And about the size... The console itself is probably as big as a PS3 Slim. :proper:

Corraidhín likes this.