RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.10 is now available on Linux, Mac, and Windows!

Release notes:
    • You can now lookup an item from the kitchen cooking menu.
    • You can now lookup map tile info. (This is intended for map modders, so it's disabled by default. Edit config.json to enable it.)
    • Updated to SMAPI 1.8.
    • Updated new-version check for repository changes.
    Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
      quirkyquark, Beon, Ardalis and 2 others like this.
    • Beon

Beon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for your continued work. I really appreciate what you are doing for the Stardew Valley community. If I ever going to make a mod list then this is definitely on of the mods I would put under essential mods that you need in your game rubric.

Pathoschild likes this.
      • quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Updated to v1.10 & SMAPI 1.8. Am getting tile lookups even though EnableTileLookups is false (default config). Anyone else seeing this problem?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Smallcorners

Smallcorners Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love this! And the fix worked, thank you so much!

Pathoschild likes this.
          • Kulturbanause

Kulturbanause Phantasmal Quasar

Hi Pathoschild,

would it be possible for you to support mousebuttons as well instead of Keyboards F1 key? Especially rightclick would be awesome.

Also i would like to highlight whether it would be feasable for you to intigrate the features of jiggly junimo bundles as well into your Mod or to update it?

BR
            Kulti

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
            • quirkyquark

I think because right-click is overloaded by the game it would be difficult to use it as the LookupAnything trigger -- maybe something like the middle button/wheel click? Also the lookup key is configurable beyond F1 to anything in this list, if that helps.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Kulturbanause. Supporting mouse buttons is a bit more work, but I could add that if others want it too.

Lookup Anything already shows info similar to Jiggly Junimo Bundles. When you need an item for a bundle, you'll see that in its lookup:
                upload_2017-2-9_10-46-51.png

Beon likes this.
                • Kulturbanause

Kulturbanause Phantasmal Quasar

Hi Pathoschild,

yeah that function is nice but jigglys mod is also useful because its just drops a text box when you mouseover an item in your inventory ...
                  Same approach would be nice to see for Artifacts for the museum.

But maybe this is totally not fitting here. Maybe i should just state a general mod request instead of bothering you... My thought was just as an addition for your awesome MOD.

Thank you for your time.

• Tausret

Tausret Void-Bound Voyager

This is a awsome mod, Pathoschild,

only question: will this work with the maingame translation or must i translate it myself??

I'm from Germany, i can translate it into German....

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Tausret Text from the game (like villager names and item descriptions) will be translated, but Lookup Anything isn't fully translatable yet. I'll look into supporting translations in an upcoming version once Stardew Valley 1.2 is released. :)

Beon likes this.
                      • Tausret

Tausret Void-Bound Voyager

:cathug: Thats so great!!!!!! Thx

• quirkyquark

I know I'm being lazy here Pathoschild, but how do the tile lookup coordinates map to the X-Y coordinates used in save file which are much higher values for the same location?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@quirkyquark Lookup Anything shows the tile coordinates, which divide the map into a grid of tiles:
                            upload_2017-2-10_20-18-45.png

The save file is probably showing the absolute coordinates, which divide the map into a grid of pixels. You can divide absolute coordinates by 64 to get the tile coordinates.

• quirkyquark

Thanks a lot, that's the part I was wondering about when I saw stuff like <X>447</X><Y>1291</Y> in the save file!

• nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

SMAPI 1.9.3
                                Lookup Anything 1.10.1
                                LinuxMint 18

Error: If I click on another character = error; but I click on me or pet or items = it's OK.

Sorry for my english :(

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
                                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @nirasa1957. Lookup Anything isn't compatible with Stardew Valley 1.2 beta yet; I'll update it once SMAPI 1.9 is ready. :)

• nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi. Ok, Thank's.

• BroCube

BroCube Orbital Explorer

Hey Pathos, amazing work on this mod, it's everything I never knew I always wanted.

As per this thread, would it be possible to add precise numerical values to friendship information for NPC's, animals and pets?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @BroCube. Lookup Anything already has that feature; you can enable data mining mode in the config.json to see it.

Here's an example chicken with data mining enabled:
                                        [​IMG]
                                        That screenshot shows two new fields:
                                        • debug (pinned) shows some data handpicked by Lookup Anything, including friendship points. This is probably what you want.
                                        • debug (raw) shows all raw data for the thing you're looking up. This can be a lot of information, so it's probably not useful for your purposes. It can be useful if you're trying to figure out a particular game mechanic though, since you can peek at the actual data.