1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Smart Tubes 1.2.5

The smart way to transfer items around in Starbound

1. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

2. Mumpfbrapp

Mumpfbrapp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nick, you maybe can help me? I am confused.
    You release a mod (that seems to be REALLY nice i must say ( i use "seems", because i have not used it yet ) ).
    A mod that gives us tubes to make networks and THEN you ruin it all and make the whole pipey-thing obsolete
    by adding teleporter-tubes?

Obviously you can do whatwever you want as a modder and i most certainly did not intend to tell you what to do or what NOT to do.
    It seems though as if you kinda went against your own idea.
    Or i miss something big here, do the teleportertubes ony work for a tiny distance or do they cost 1000 times more than the other ones?
    As gamers are lazy, why would anyone now need or want ANY of the other tubes?
    (those are not rhetorical question, i genuinely am curious)

3. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 Void-Bound Voyager

I just love this mod! But do anyone else experience low fps when using this? I have a pretty big sorting system and my FPS drop is pretty bad. Still a great mod!

4. nickc01

The biggest reason I have them in here is an attempt to get around the performance issues,which has been the most difficult problem to solve. Starbound seems to have problems rendering large amount of objects on screen. Simply having 100+ item conduits on the screen is enough to drop a few frames on my machine. Adding in a few extraction/insertion conduits and some items moving around can drop it even more. Once the system becomes much more complex, the frames will drop significantly. The wireless conduits are to cut down the lag by cutting down the amount of conduits needed to get from A to B. I did try to balance it out somewhat by making them require solarium, and i can still change their behavior a bit more in the future, but It's just that my mod is hitting the limitations of starbound itself.

5. psrkallez06

That explains the low fps I'm having, Then i will switch to the wireless ones even tho the "wired tubes" looks so much cooler hehe Thanks!

6. psrkallez06

Update: Tried to switch to wireless for my "autofarm". Still very bad fps drops..

from 60 to 18 FPS (when the system if OFF)
    [​IMG]

So there is nothing you can do about this? It is how starbound handles objects? Thanks.

7. nickc01

I"m going to try and see if I can find any more optimization in future updates, also one tip, some conduit lines there may not be necessary, many of the objects there have two extraction conduits connected to them. For example, the first (or top) line, 3rd line, and 5th line can be removed and replaced with platforms so that each object has at most one extraction conduit connected to them, also cutting the amount of objects in half.

8. psrkallez06

Oh i didn't think of that! Thank you very much for tip, Getting a bit better FPS now! I hope that you manage to optimize this awesome mod further. And as always thank for your hard work on this!

9. nickc01

10. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

great update. cool new graphics, some nice utility, and some optimization. nice. and, based on previous posts, i'll probably swap to a wireless setup, even though the new item in the tube graphic is so good looking, just to save on performance when my new farm gets larger. pretty much awesome all around. it's intuitive, relatively simple, etc. (much more than can be said for the current state of FU's new inbuilt item transfer system).

that said, i am having one issue that i didn't before. now, it could be due to my use of a new type of container (a refrigerated container, gotta keep them foods fresh for sale :D). or it could be due to another variable i haven't accounted for. i dunno. anyway, items are travelling through the conduits, on their way to the container just fine, but when they reach the container itself, a good number of my produce are then popping out and sitting on the floor like dropped items instead of going inside like they should.[​IMG]

for the moment, i've set up a patrolling guardin' bot to pick them up and stick them in the fridge when it moves past, but it still bugs me >.>. any ideas what's going on? should i put the insertion conduit further up the side of the container?

edit: changed to wireless, it's still doing it, though with much less regularity. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  11. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

I've noticed that with my the uncrafter I automated with this mod, items will pop out if the slot that they were going to be placed in becomes occupied.

12. nickc01

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Seems like the issue mainly occurs when a player or something adds an item into the inventory directly while there are items transferring that are going to that slot. I'll see if I can get it fixed soon. I'll probably release a (sort of) new conduit along with it.

13. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

well, it does happen while i'm not touching the container, so like...it's conflicting with itself over where it's putting stuff, i guess? it's not like they're running out of room (they are 300 slot containers). oh, and my extractor settings are to place in "any" slot, so i'm confident it's not something i'm doing :D. i'm glad you found a reason though, and am looking forward to an update so i can have a fruit-less floor :D

14. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

What I did to solve it was put the low-tier Grabber from FU's new item transfer system near the insertion conduit and set up a router and a storage bridge to pick up what got dropped.

15. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Are you still working on this mod/trying to fix the duplicate/spill bug? If so, I'd like to note that a similar problem was encountered in the improved containers mod; the maker of that mod might be able to help you.

16. bycomino

bycomino Void-Bound Voyager

still duplicate and drop out items, any way to fix it?

17. Fire_snake

Fire_snake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found a bug with facade wrench. LMB and RMB don't work, it just freeze in one place. Error log:

[17:40:37.436] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'activate'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/Items/Facade Wrench/facadewrench.lua"]:121: (LuaConversionException) Error converting LuaValue to type 'class Star::Maybe<int>'
    [0] 7ff6d0857713 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff6d085649e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff6d082160b Star::LuaConversionException::LuaConversionException
    [3] 7ff6d081ca66 Star::LuaConversionException::format<char const * __ptr64>
    [4] 7ff6d081dded Star::luaTo<Star::Maybe<int> >
    [5] 7ff6d0a4a134 Star::LuaDetail::ArgGet<Star::Maybe<int> >::get
    [6] 7ff6d0e5f8b9 <lambda_542333619d126fc9c918a290ed4a1f99>::eek:perator()
    [7] 7ff6d0e576ef std::_Invoker_functor::_Call<<lambda_542333619d126fc9c918a290ed4a1f99> & __ptr64,Star::LuaEngine & __ptr64,unsigned __int64,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> * __ptr64>
    [8] 7ff6d0e597b0 std::invoke<<lambda_542333619d126fc9c918a290ed4a1f99> & __ptr64,Star::LuaEngine & __ptr64,unsigned __int64,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> * __ptr64>
    [9] 7ff6d0e581fe std::_Invoke_ret<Star::Variant<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::LuaVariadic<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> > >,<lambda_542333619d126fc9c918a290ed4a1f99> & __ptr64,Star::LuaEngine & __ptr64,unsigned __int64,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> * __ptr64>
    [10] 7ff6d0e6227b std::_Func_impl<<lambda_542333619d126fc9c918a290ed4a1f99>,std::allocator<int>,Star::Variant<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::LuaVariadic<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> > >,Star::LuaEngine & __ptr64,unsigned __int64,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> * __ptr64>::_Do_call
    [11] 7ff6d082510d std::_Func_class<Star::Variant<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::LuaVariadic<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> > >,Star::LuaEngine & __ptr64,unsigned __int64,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> * __ptr64>::eek:perator()
    [12] 7ff6d082409f <lambda_a03bcae4599b53751a446949639a4d5e>::eek:perator()
    [13] 7ff6d07abec8 luaD_precall
    [14] 7ff6d07c4c71 luaV_execute
    [15] 7ff6d07ab9d3 luaD_call
    [16] 7ff6d07ac1ab luaD_rawrunprotected
    [17] 7ff6d07abbe0 luaD_pcall
    [18] 7ff6d07a20f4 lua_pcallk
    [19] 7ff6d082c0d0 Star::LuaEngine::pcallWithTraceback
    [20] 7ff6d0e58f9b Star::LuaEngine::callFunction<Star::String,bool,Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<Star::String,bool,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String>,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,bool> > > > >
    [21] 7ff6d0e5a20a Star::LuaFunction::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::String,bool,Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<Star::String,bool,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String>,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,bool> > > > >
    [22] 7ff6d0e59d8b Star::LuaBaseComponent::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::String const & __ptr64,bool & __ptr64,Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<Star::String,bool,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String>,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,bool> > > > & __ptr64>
    [23] 7ff6d0e6ac06 Star::ActiveItem::update
    [24] 7ff6d0cfd740 Star::ToolUser::tick
    [25] 7ff6d0b649f1 Star::player::update
    [26] 7ff6d0d8adf8 <lambda_9fc580ae40b93070d912cafafa15880e>::eek:perator()
    [27] 7ff6d09ab9f7 Star::EntityMap::updateAllEntities
    [28] 7ff6d0da2d09 Star::WorldClient::update
    [29] 7ff6d0d0c4e3 Star::UniverseClient::update
    [30] 7ff6d079eae7 Star::ClientApplication::updateRunning
    [31] 7ff6d079d3df Star::ClientApplication::update
    [32] 7ff6d0f9aec2 Star::SdlPlatform::run
    [33] 7ff6d0f9b07d Star::runMainApplication
    [34] 7ff6d07a0506 WinMain
    [35] 7ff6d11885ff __scrt_common_main_seh
    [36] 7ffe90cc13d2 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [37] 7ffe930a54e4 RtlUserThreadStart
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in ?
    [C]: in field 'interact'
    [string "/Items/Facade Wrench/facadewrench.lua"]:121: in function <[string "/Items/Facade Wrench/facadewrench.lua"]:97>
    [0] 7ff6d0857713 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff6d085649e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff6d082ac61 Star::LuaEngine::handleError
    [3] 7ff6d0e58fb4 Star::LuaEngine::callFunction<Star::String,bool,Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<Star::String,bool,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String>,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,bool> > > > >
    [4] 7ff6d0e5a20a Star::LuaFunction::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::String,bool,Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<Star::String,bool,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String>,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,bool> > > > >
    [5] 7ff6d0e59d8b Star::LuaBaseComponent::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::String const & __ptr64,bool & __ptr64,Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<Star::String,bool,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String>,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,bool> > > > & __ptr64>
    [6] 7ff6d0e6ac06 Star::ActiveItem::update
    [7] 7ff6d0cfd740 Star::ToolUser::tick
    [8] 7ff6d0b649f1 Star::player::update
    [9] 7ff6d0d8adf8 <lambda_9fc580ae40b93070d912cafafa15880e>::eek:perator()
    [10] 7ff6d09ab9f7 Star::EntityMap::updateAllEntities
    [11] 7ff6d0da2d09 Star::WorldClient::update
    [12] 7ff6d0d0c4e3 Star::UniverseClient::update
    [13] 7ff6d079eae7 Star::ClientApplication::updateRunning
    [14] 7ff6d079d3df Star::ClientApplication::update
    [15] 7ff6d0f9aec2 Star::SdlPlatform::run
    [16] 7ff6d0f9b07d Star::runMainApplication
    [17] 7ff6d07a0506 WinMain
    [18] 7ff6d11885ff __scrt_common_main_seh
    [19] 7ffe90cc13d2 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [20] 7ffe930a54e4 RtlUserThreadStart

I can past a full log, if it necessary
    P.S. sry for my eng.

18. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

I like this mod, I use it in conjunction with Startech to create distribution facilities under my bases.

Question - I know how to tag containers to accept certain things, is there a way to tell them to refuse certain things? I have a warehouse with 4 large shipping containers and a couple of the liquid tanks from enhanced storage. No matter what I do, it seems like liquids keep getting routed to places I don't want. Is there a way to tell my shipping containers to not accept liquids, for example? Otherwise I have to create 2 separate pipe networks and it gets to be a pain.

19. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Other than giving all the insertion conduits unique names, not really.

20. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

I did that. I've tried naming all of my insertion conduits - I named them 1 2 3 4 and 5, 001-005 and tried giving them unique text names and it still seems like it sticks stuff wherever it wants.

So in my extraction conduit, for example, I'll create two rules. Rule #1 will say to take liquid water and put it in whatever the insertion conduit's name is attached to the water tank. Rule #2 will say any to any. By my thinking, rule 1 would be executed first, so the water should go to the water tank, and then anything else under rule 2 should get stuck in any container that will accept them. But it seems like 2/3 of the water goes to the right place and the remaining third goes to random other containers. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017