1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Optional Story Mode

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Richardbny, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Richardbny

Richardbny Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now I'm assuming by now, most of us have completed the main story for Starbound, but what I would like to see is an all around freedom mode, where you aren't burdened by the story objectives peeking in all the time, halting progress, or preventing travel to certain zones. I would love to see a story-less mode, which would be great as well for people who like role-playing, or just for people who like getting set up faster.

Does anybody agree?

Axl4325 and Pingeh like this.
  2. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

going to vote nay

3. Kuxo

Kuxo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea but I like playing through the story. With that said, there are times I just want to play unhindered by the story... So, maybe make it an option while making it's universe separate?

4. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmm, After repairing the ship the player is truly free and can go anywhere I think. But I agree. Some kind of story-less start would be great. I think there's already mod like that that let you start with fully repaired ship so you don't have to do first mission but option like this should be in game.

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

How is one mission that takes 5 minutes tops, halting progress?

6. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Honestly the only thing I'd change about progression is to halve the number of mutants in the moon mine. There's just too many for such an early mission where you can't go for it with higher-stat gear. It's a pretty straightforward area otherwise, and the boss is not all that tricky, which -again with far fewer (or at least weaker) enemies- would make a fine intro to the more combat-oriented stuff ahead.

Kuxo likes this.
  7. Kuxo

Kuxo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have to agree with with you there. If they were weaker, i wouldn't mind tackling the mine again.