Dev Blog 10th February - Space/Off

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 10, 2017.

1. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

It sure would be weird seeing a large pile of dirt with thrusters on it....

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

But yet it ain't weird seeing bricks with thrusters attached to them...

3. Blu Fish

Blu Fish Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty sure any block with thrusters attached is going to look odd:nuruhappy:

4. Monario

Monario Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wonder... and apologies in advance for the silly question just in case, but... Will this upcoming update mess anything up related to planet coordinates and/or landmarks and what not? It'd be a real shame if I lost track of where my home is in Starbound, took way too long to make D:

Thanks in advance!

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

What I would love for CF to do, is to have large ship parts that you can arrange and put together, and it includes the "background" areas too, the stuff that ain't just blocks. Not sure how they'd do it, but surely it could be possible?

Not with mods, mind you... I mean with the engine itself (which is why CF would have to do it).

Zlyvr and DraikNova like this.
  6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

There's a way you can find your coords...

Step 1: Close the game with you standing on the planet.
    Step 2: Open the game, load your character up.
    Step 3: Immediately close the game.
    Step 4: Look at your logfile, and look for the world's coordinates.
    Step 5: Go to your \universe\ folder, and look those coordinates up (it will be a .world file named the same as the coordinates).

Cally94 and Monario like this.
  7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Shorter world identification: sort the universe folder by date.

8. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

This is the best news ever! This looks amazing, I've been hoping for something like this ever since alpha!

9. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

Cool,
    Now I want to know what happens if you fly into a star!

Cally94 likes this.
  10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

*bonk*
    Starship captain: What happened?
    Engineer: I think we hit a plot hole a few parsecs back.

DragonsForce likes this.
  11. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Letheia Corporation space stations full of information on Erchius based life forms???

You see screens about the Erchius Ghost, Moontants, and other abominations. They gather this intel everytime an Erchius entity awakens in their various moon complexes.... They have the research lab on one planet that's not airless, and main HQ up in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE. After you defeat the Ruin, Treasured Trophies man may had sold a little tentacled beast that hid in his shop... It's being studied on the research planet because this creature is related to the Ruin, which in someway is related to the Erchius Ghost, who appeared on all airless worlds/moons in the galaxy. The two's presence near each other has a interesting reaction....

*insert thing here and some employee goes to space station HQ causing the whatevers to follow*

*death happens and more lore mysteries/cool item is rewarded*

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  12. rockettScythe

rockettScythe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oh
    HELL
    YES
    MORE SPACE

13. Alex33212

Alex33212 Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone else think that the prospect of massive space battles being fought by groups of players over planets intriguing/interesting/exciting/epic?

14. Blu Fish

My idea is that you go into a screen where you see all the ship parts on a screen. You shuffle these parts together like a puzzle and you create a custom ship that way. Drag the parts off other tabs into the screen. I dunno just a thought...

Khuur likes this.
  15. Blu Fish

Definitely epic. Having different factions all jump into a solar system, fighting each other to the death. Even running into someone in space and trying to talk/bluff your way out of a confrontation. All could lead to some amazing stories and feelings!

Khuur and Hatsya Souji like this.
  16. Alex33212

OOOooh, custom ship-building! And a nice idea for implementation, too! Now, how would we go about obtaining these modules...

Kelthazan, Khuur and Hatsya Souji like this.
  17. Alex33212

It'd be like that one EVE Online battle... I'm blanking on the name, but it was, and still is, THE largest PvP event in an MMO. Ever.

18. Blu Fish

I know the one your talking about, it was amazing! I'd love to see that in starbound :D
    Thanks for the complement, I think the implementation would work nicely. I think it could me made so the modules are found in multiple different ways. For example in a space station or on another ship (maybe loot it from a damaged one?). You'd mine/pick up/loot the item and use it like you would a blue print. Or maybe you get them and give them to your Ai who then adds it to your database.

Also if you could find merchant ships maybe they sell them? It'd make it worth while for you to interact with other ships, which may cause other things to happen? I dunno these are all just some random ideas I'm coming up with :p

19. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

And pirates penguins please!!!! ^___^

20. PandaGuy5

PandaGuy5 Yeah, You!

the little traveling merchant and space station thing would be cool and all but i really don't like the look of the new traveling system and how it is sort of like a mini game.