WIP SunDrop Village (A Collaborative Effort)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Jan 7, 2017.

1. GrayFox22

GrayFox22 Void-Bound Voyager

Either something like this or (if it is possible minding code constraints) to have the option to get up early and go to [insert place here]. You could even give it a stamina penalty and bus fee or something. If you add an inn on top of that idea then it would be more of a choice between spending some of the day to get to the city or lose some stamina. Again though that would take a more competent SMAPI modder than I (assuming it would be possible/considered a good idea).

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

This was actually being discussed on the discord the other day, I like the idea. You can wake up somewhere else and move on pretty easily. Plus minecarts and buses and trains and all that jazz. Time will be taken into account in some many forms.

• Inccubus

Inccubus Star Wrangler

This all sounds like an awesome idea.
        It would definitely bring even greater depth to the game's world.

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would love to help out, but I really don't have the time. Plus, I think a bit of Androx rubbed off on me ever since he worked on Stardew Valley Enhanced, as I've been working on reworking every map in the game. I blame you Androx, not that I'm complaining that much

Androxilogin likes this.
          • NovaStarr

NovaStarr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Androxilogin Writer, artist, and ideaman ready to throw in his hat! oDo/

I'm not gifted in terms of coding, but I am a proficient writer in terms of dialogue and character psyches. I'm also good at logistics and management(but that's because of experience from past professions lmao). I even have more than a few characters I can offer, if not I'm pretty sure scripting is needed? I can also do character concept art/talk sprite concepts for the actual spriters to work with?

Androxilogin likes this.
            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am sending a invite your way :)

Androxilogin likes this.
              • Puffjiggly

Puffjiggly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ohhh dang!!! this sounds like a fun project!! I wanna help out so much.

I'm pretty familiar with any art programs and a bit of ideas such as items they could sell and pixel art! <3 Id so be willing to help with this!

let me know if you guys need anymore help.

Androxilogin likes this.
                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

inv on its way!

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

I also would be willing to throw in some effort with this. It's been awhile since I've really worked on some new mod ideas and I'd like to return to the scene again!

Androxilogin likes this.
                    • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

A little update- I haven't been very active on Discord, sorry everyone! (I'm a cheap guy just trying to survive on my own) but I've been very busy working on a ton of things, not specifically for this mod but I do keep coming back to add things along the way..... slowly. One building I would LOVE to reimagine is the Salomon house from "3rd Rock from the Sun". I always thought their place was awesome in a fun 'Bosstones' sort of way. Only problem is- you never really get to see the outside of the house that I recall so I may bust out the 3rd Rock dvds this week and do some screenshots. Other mods I've been constantly working on are the usuals, TreeLife, Expanded Crevices, Cleanup Crew, Visual Improvement Program, Active Delivery and Dismissal and, of course, mIRC.. Actually mIRC has been taking three weeks now. What I thought would be a weekend project turned into a monster and devoured my soul. Now I've been devoting most of my time to it and I've only been working on the others as "down time".

So that being said, I hope to finally get a handle on this thing over the next two weeks. It's a mod for all character dialogue and some UI changes along with mail, quests and gift tastes.. Also some small png adjustments so yeah, it's definitely taken over my mod life. But I'm still here! Please pm me if anything exciting goes on with the Discord channel OR if there are any questions although I'm sure @Entoarox is doing a fine job there (sorry, don't mean to dump this project on you! :p) please feel free to pm me those as well.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
                        NovaStarr, IronZelly and Puffjiggly like this.
                      • worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

I adore this entire thread and the ideas for the project!

A hotel is probably more expensive than an inn - although that maybe depends on the location and how 'exclusive' the hotel or the inn respectively is.

Why the bus fee for standing / waking up early? And what about the choice between spending time to get to the city or lose stamina? I don't understand quite how these things are connected to each other.

• NovaStarr

NovaStarr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello SVmodders, welcome to G̶A̶M̶E̶ ̶T̶H̶E̶O̶R̶Y̶ SUNDROP CITY!

I was recently appointed the project manager, and boy do we have a good time folks!

If you are part of the project, please check the #overview channel of the SVC server! I have made a server friendly google drive with a series of documents so that we can all make sure we're on the same page!

• worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

Is said channel on Discord as well or is it here on the forum?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Discord, all of it is through the SunDrop discord.

• vero_games

vero_games Tentacle Wrangler

I'd be really into this.. maybe have an outside system kind of like the caves but with wood and foraging goods instead of mining stuff each "tunnel" could be maybe a map to the next part.. so you can use a simular coding to the mines ?! (just shooting ideas, first time on SDV forums this week and I'm loving the community)

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

Will updates be posted here for those of us who don't have anything to contribute and can't join the discord server?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Work on sundrop is going rather slow, as most people do have RL taking up their time, it is currently in mainly the planning stage with a few maps being fleshed out here and there.

Inkweaver22 likes this.
                                    • xLast

xLast Void-Bound Voyager

i wanna join!

i'm learning how to making new npc's (i think this can be used in the town!)

• rockinrolla

rockinrolla Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the first thing that someone nneds to do before any big project such as this takes off is to create a toolset. ie character, asset, event generators such as would be found in other big titles like the fallout/tes/neverwinter nights universe. But even though ca knows theres a strong modding community he refuses to release the tools he made for himself to make sdv possible. and if he didn't create any then he's got more time than brains.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The toolset is called C#, the framework is called XNA, and the abilities are only limited by what the CIL enables.

Voltaic123 likes this.