RELEASED A Bigger, Better Hilltop

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by XCube591, Feb 11, 2017.

1. XCube591

XCube591 Subatomic Cosmonaut

AN UPDATED 2019 VERSION

A BIGGER, better Hilltop

Hi! I really love the Hilltop map, but as everybody who has ever played on it, I ran out of space pretty quickly. I tried looking for mods which make it larger, but all of them were a bit too extreme for me. So I made my own one! :D

My mod ads a medium sized space on the right side of the farm, it also does the following:
    -Adds a staircase from Grandpas grave to mining area
    -Moves the pond from the left bottom corner to the right bottom corner
    -Changes all the bridges to stone ones
    -A few visual improvements

Mods that expand the farm also make the way to the bus stop much longer, and I didn't really like that, so I added a forest on the right top corner which makes the way much shorter:

Screenshot of the whole map:
    [​IMG]
    It should be compatible with saved games, because it doesn't remove anything, doesn't move or replace any bushes and doesn't block any free space that was there before :)

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT HERE
    Just put the file into Game directory/Content/Maps/

If you don't want to replace any files, I highly recommend Entoarox's XNB Loader...

I'm open to ideas, if you want something added or have an idea for improvement, just tell me!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Woah! It looks nice! I have a personal request, could you make a version of the Riverland Farm? Because I haven't much space to plant my seeds and also I was thinking about a lake inside one of the Riverland Farm's island, you know, like a new circular island with a lake inside it to make a beautiful relax zone with trees, sit benches and etc. ¿Could you?

8bitsomething likes this.
      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

This map looks so good!
        I'll have to try it out on my next playthrough, excellent job!!!

• XCube591

Ill definitely look into making the other farms large if I have time for it in the future :D To be honest though, I have never played on a Riverland Farm before, but I could definitely look into it... someday :D

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Oh my gosh this is perfect for my current hilltop playthrough! I was actually finding that I was struggling to find enough space for a barn, and the space you added it amazing for it! ♥♥♥♥

• XCube591

Im glad that you like it! :)

Kuriiyo likes this.
              • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

My only~ issue, or question is, is there a possibility that you can change those ugly wooden bridges to something else? I've never gotten into map editing myself, as I'd be completely lost on where to even start as much as I've love to try, so I'm not sure if it's possible, but.. Worth asking. x)

• XCube591

Thats exactly what Im planning to do! :D The problem is the bridge textures are from a different tilesheet, and I have yet to learn how to properly add it to the Farm map :p

Kuriiyo likes this.
                  • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Ah fair enough. Well, I look forward to it! :D

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Could you make an all grass version? :O

sevensevenseventeen likes this.
                      • That gave me a awesome idea about what to do in that case.

• XCube591

Please do tell :D

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope this is okay to share, If not let me know and I'll take it down right away. I had already made this map into grass (mostly) for myself last night , and I also removed the river (oops... people probably wanted that) figured I'd share in case anyone wants it. I also added some forest style tree cover on the lower half of the farm.
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hjsvaaflk251ye/Farm_Mining.xnb?dl=0
                            farmmining.png

lannihamm likes this.
                            • XCube591

Totally, no problem :D you are missing some tree cover on the bottom though ;)

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

I just noticed that as i posted that -facepalm- I don't think you can see it in game so i never noticed til i zoomed all the way out in Tide to take that photo
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hjsvaaflk251ye/Farm_Mining.xnb?dl=0 Fixed!

lannihamm likes this.
                                • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Just saying, but where you exit the map on the right hand side near the shipping bin, when you come back in that entrance, it sort of glitches you out and you automatically exit again. Found that out on my game last night and had to swap the map back out :(

• XCube591

I dont think I understand :D can you describe it more concretely for me? :)

• XCube591

BTW updated the bridges as you requested :D

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

In the attached image, when you exit out of there and try to come back in, it glitches you. You can't move, but when you press the key to move, it exits you out of the map again. It's an endless loop. You have to enter through the north side to get back to your farm.

Edit: image doesn't work. Thanks imgur...

Edit #2: [​IMG]

• XCube591

Thats weird o_O Thats something that has never happened to me... Ill definetly be checking it out over the weekend :)