Dev Blog 10th February - Space/Off

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 10, 2017.

1. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

Where did you see corner blocks? Ive not seen any from what theyve showed so far.

2. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Probably talking about this post http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/3rd-february-painted-love.129923/
    Not sure that means much though... We already have at least one block that looks similar, the lunar base platform (I think it looks a bit different, but it does fill blocks in that manor.)

3. Matsukyo

Matsukyo Void-Bound Voyager

Wow... This sounds awesome!!!! Please, interstellar wars ... Just as we see in FTL <3

Arnust likes this.
  4. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow. Wow wow wow. Seriously, this sound extremely good. Insanely good. Can't wait!

5. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah no im 99% thats just lunar base platforms, ive not seen any proper corner blocks.
    Corner blocks would be nice though, gotta be said.

6. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenisthiscomingout?

seriously though. This will be fun!
    FTL? FTL? FFTTLLL!

Mollygos, please explain more!

I hope that these ships come and go between locations! can you "convince" them to join you? I hope so ;)

ehn will it come out on nightly? or stable?

AAAaGH! SO many questions! what is the mech's importance? will we have ship-to-ship combat? Fleets? Space bosses? I might post some ideas later.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  7. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

Chillax. It all wil come.

8. MottSpott

MottSpott Void-Bound Voyager

When they added the Novakid settlements, I just made of note of the planet files I had builds on and deleted everything else in the universe folder. Worked well!

9. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I DON"T CARRE!

10. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

In the end, the Ur-Quan always f*cked us over... Hopefully that doesn't happen in SB with new factions or things... But it'd be really cool to encounter more... Strange creatures beyond the tennae protectorate...

Leak likes this.
  11. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

I'm a bit late to seeing this, but holy hell. This is the kind of progress I've been itching to see. I just hope it isn't something that gets boring/tedious after the first dozen times.

While the game I'm about to mention was absolute dog feces, Spore's interplanetary travel was the most fun I'd had in a simple flying game. If something like that was added, I'd fly around and blow up ships all day.

I can't seem to download the nightly anymore, so I anticipate the unstable release so I can break everything.

12. BlackGryphon

BlackGryphon Void-Bound Voyager

So, this for me is as exciting as everyone else is finding it. That being said I think we could also address something I think the game needs an adjustment. The crew system. Right now your crew has only mainly passive abilities. My idea is as follows. Soldiers remain unchanged as their role is easy, they fight shit. Mechanic, on the ship they passively increase fuel cap as usual but in a combat function construct temporary turrets or deploy robots. Engineers, same passive but in combat they deploy temp shield generators or barriers. Medics heal more often and or also heal debuffs or statuses. Chemists use their Stims more often. In the case of the tailor I would recommend removing this crew and adding crew customization, weapons and outfit equipping, and changing the purple suit to either a quarter master (ship based vendor) or a Tech Staff user for more diverse combat teams

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    PaxCallow and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  13. SeekoDestroyer

SeekoDestroyer Big Damn Hero

one word:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Interestingly, one day I'll get the ability to destroy the planet?

15. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Also yeah I'm fairly certain this is just a rough mockup of what's gonna be going on in the window and we'll still have the coordinates and bookmarks and auto-travel and planet data pre-landing etc.

Tamorr likes this.
  16. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Chemists could perhaps debuff the enemy. Which would be absolutely hilarious if we also got stackable status effects. Just watch as an all-chemists crew is a viable strategy because no enemy can deal more than 1 damage with all those debuffs. As for tailors, while more advanced crew interaction is a good thing (I'd like taking crew with me to be a matter of selecting them in a screen rather than clicking on them, among other things), I still like the idea of customization being something you have to work towards, but you should be able to take them with you. At the very least, they should be able to stab your enemies with needles. But giving you the ability to upgrade your armor permanently using a shop system or something or giving you temporary extra defense in combat or something like that would be nice.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  17. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah yes, space combat may be a thing. I've seen the word Occassus Dreadnought being thrown around. Months ago, I drew a ship that the Purple Occassus would use as main base. A giant robot Kraken/Ruin-looking ship! With drill tentacles and giant cannons! Carries a bunch of smaller ships inside. Houses the elite of the Occassus, wearing metallic tentacles and one eyed helmets found in the files of Starbound…

18. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Can we destroy it? )

19. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Here, I am, as part of the Ningen expeditionary force, I'd personally like to encounter incoming Children of the Ruin (little tentacle comets), and taking them down either from the ship's broadside wave motion turrets, or going inside them!

20. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

alright
    this basically screams spore to me
    and that is awesome because spore is awesome

Masta Killa and Hatsya Souji like this.