Chat Tell Us Your Troubles Thread - advice & friendly chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodyFingers, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Valid point. Progress isn't inherently good. They don't call it "progressive depression" for nothing I guess. What would you need to feel better about the future?

2. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I don't have the answer for that.

Progress is progress. Good or bad is relative to where you stand.
    I stand still, I think. I don't fight against it nor do I ride the current. I am like a rock in the bottom of a river.

3. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I guess my only advice I can give then is to find that. Find out what makes you happy.
    If it makes you less sad: I'm still lookin'.

4. BloodyFingers

It's my holy grail, mate. My white whale.
    It has eluded me thus far.

rhomboid and Surenu like this.
  5. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Poetic AF. But maybe the journey is the target?

Kashmir likes this.
  6. BloodyFingers

I just hope I don't have to look back in order to confirm that.

7. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Ultimately, we all get the answer to that question at the end of our lives, so I try to live a good life.

8. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I...wow um, well I can certainly relate. I definitley feel as though I'm being left behind as time moves on. My best advice is to go out there and find a way to change that. But that's not great advice. Truth be told, I haven't found a way out of that situation either, it's quite a lonely place to be.

9. BloodyFingers

So I only get to know whether I was happy or not when I die? That's not nice...

10. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

if you're going to be on a campus in canada you will probably have access to really good health care. just remember you have to ask for most of it. if something doesn't seem available, don't just assume it isn't because if you keep asking and keep doing intake you'll eventually find someone whose expertise is relevant for you and the school should cover it. there's a lot of resources.

BloodyFingers likes this.
  11. BloodyFingers

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

12. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Nightmares are back with a vengeance. The flashbacks are getting worse. Might need to go on meds again, but not today.

13. BloodyFingers

I assume you are seeing a professional about this?

14. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Yep. But the general verdict is that it'll go down with time. And that's correct in a way, since the frequency is going down but the intensity is going up. My therapist described it like a factory fire: It starts out slow, then it burns up reaaaaal hot, then it gradually subsides but there's an occasional explosion as chemical tanks burn up. So, this is actually a sign of progress but it hurts.

15. BloodyFingers

Well, hang in there mate. You survived the worst of it. c:

Surenu likes this.
  16. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Thanks, buddy. I'll try my best.

17. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

I have a question for anyone who has had night terrors. My son and I were discussing them one day, and I told him that I want to have the Auschwitz dream again so that I can change the outcome. Maybe I could save the little girl this time. (that dream still haunts me). He told me, that in a night terror (which he thinks that was), even if you're lucid, it doesn't matter. You can't control it like you would a normal dream.
    Was wondering if any of you have been lucid in a night terror and could you then control it? I mean a true night terror, not just a bad dream.

18. BloodyFingers

I don't understand. What is the difference between a nightmare and a night horror?

19. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

I'm not sure because I don't think I ever had one. But my son says there is definitely a difference. Maybe it's that a nightmare will scare you, but a night terror leaves you sweating and stays with you for a really long time, and you think they are real at the time.

20. BloodyFingers

oh, in that case I think I had one, once. Or maybe several. There were instances where I simply couldn't go back to sleep as it left me shaken and trembling in its wake.