1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Shadow People

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CoraldaPhoenix2578, Feb 9, 2017.

1. CoraldaPhoenix2578

CoraldaPhoenix2578 Void-Bound Voyager

SO in the file attached, you will see something rather strange: Shadow people, but with tiny eyes, armor, actual speech, no smoke trail, and the ability to give quests. Could someone maybe explain this?

the commands are /spawnnpc shadow villager and /spawnnpc shadow guard for the weird ones, and /spawnnpc shadow shadowvillager for a normal one.

Attached Files:

2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Yes, these are NPCs that used to (and might still) spawn on always-night planets.

EDIT: Looked at the wiki, they still spawn on the Midnight planets. They can also spawn in some mini-biomes on Volcanic planets.

3. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

The tiny green eyes thing is certainly an, uh, interesting phenomenon. I wonder if it was cut/WIP content or if it's just some weird thing caused by the commands you used.

4. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

No, they look like that when they spawn normally. Except for the one wearing clothes, they don't normally do that.

5. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

I've never seen any shadow people with small green eyes. In addition, I've never seen any that lacked the shadow trail.

6. Zatnik

Zatnik Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Shadowvillagers (which are (one of?) the naturally-spawned types) have clothing that gives them different eyes and creates the smoke (the IDs for those items are "darkhead", "darkchest", and "darklegs")