RELEASED Climates of Ferngill (Weather Mod) 1.3

Adds a weather system to the game

1. quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Just a note that the climate type in the last hotfix you posted is set to Monsoon by default....

Edit: noticed you incorporated the MT PRNG specifically for this mod -- many many thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    • Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Yeah, I was using it to test out the low chances of rain in it. That's an testing quirk, sorry.

• quirkyquark

No need for apologies, I'm used to quirks ;) I inspected the config.json and changed it to normal -- this was a few days ago. I'm still in Spring Y3 but should be into summer soon. So far the mod is working just as it should based on the debug output...

• TheTearer

TheTearer Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry it took me so long to try testing, I've been sick. Interestingly, when I started it up today, I got this:

[10:20:40 WARN SMAPI] The Climates of Ferngill mod failed on entry initialisation. It will still be loaded, but may not function correctly. Failed loading type: StardewModdingAPI.Events.SaveEvents:System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'StardewModdingAPI.Events.SaveEvents' from assembly 'StardewModdingAPI, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
          at ClimateofFerngill.ClimatesofFerngill.Entry(IModHelper helper)
          at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods() in D:\source\_Stardes\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 539

• quirkyquark

SMAPI has been updated to 1.8. Could you try that? Climates works perfectly for me with it.

• Koihime Nakamura

Yeah, you need SMAPI 1.8 for that.

ETA: I should have mentioned that, since the last compile pass was on 1.8.

• TheTearer

TheTearer Phantasmal Quasar

Ah, and I rolled back for the Happy Birthday mod. So I won't be any use in the testing, sorry.

• Koihime Nakamura

Fair enough. I had to update to 1.8 for another mod I'm running, which means the last compile was on it.

• quirkyquark

This may or may not be an issue given that the TV will provide the occasional incorrect forecast, but on the last day of a season (Spring), the TV predicted stormy weather when it actually turned out to be sunny on Summer 1.

• Koihime Nakamura

aaarrgh that should have been caught. :<

• quirkyquark

Weirdly enough, the log shows something was caught but going from Summer 2 to Summer 3 (the weather ended up stormy or rainy -- dark windows -- I quit before I noticed the log entry, sorry):

Code:
                        [18:18:18 TRACE Climates of Ferngill] Change detected. Debug Info: DAY 3 Season: summer with prev weather: Stormy and new weather: Sunny. Aborting.
                        [18:18:18 INFO  Daily Notifications] Today is 3rd of Summer, Year 3.

• Koihime Nakamura

Yeah, uh. Summer 4 is the day it's detecting. I think I've caught it but my game stopped before I could get to Spring 28, so I'll get back to you there.

<_<

• Koihime Nakamura

OK, so I've been doing patches, and soon we'll be at release candidate 1 for 1.0

I just want to verify the heatwave works like I think it should, and then the frost works like I think it should.

Current changes

- Some formatting on dual temps to look a bit better
                            - Some custom wording for first day of new year/season for better flow
                            - Bug fixed in storm drain - it was subtracting it, and I apparently though to make it negative too. These two approaches are great seperatly, but not together.
                            - Prospective fix for SDV 1.2 support, but I'll be properly testing this with the 1.9 beta later
                            - Minimum requirements now SMAPI 1.8
                            - Debug messages cleaned up, with most INFO messages removed so that non debug mode won't spam the console.
                            - Updated the project for compiling
                            - The stamina will now shake, and not every 10 minutes.
                            - Fixed the prediction of fixed weather, the TV should be 100% accurate again, patching the vanilla bug.
                            - Working on adding a moon. This targets 1.1

• quirkyquark

Amazing as always, and great wishlist. Any alphas/betas to try? I'm stable in my current playthrough, so can quickly go back/forward days if you need real-world reports of behavior....

• Koihime Nakamura

I'll be putting a beta out soon.

Changelog additions
                                - conversion formulas fixed. Int division is bad
                                - the TV now flows better now that I've mastered the symbol for "new text box" :v

Wishlist
                                - Restore some cut tv dialogue.
                                - Restructure the TV dialogue. Issue: will require .yaml editing and therefore might wait for 1.2 stable

• Koihime Nakamura

Update! https://github.com/JohnsonNicholas/climate-of-ferngill/releases/tag/1.0-rc2

It contains a non exhaustive changelog, as I plan to just make a formal CHANGELOG.md for 1.0 proper. This contains a number of fixes and tweaks over the last version uploaded here, and is primarily a rc candidate since I want to a) get the fog working and b) when SMAPI 1.9 is stable enough, begin the work of updating for it to release with 1.0

• Koihime Nakamura

Final Pre 1.0 update:

Menu is working, and the fog has been cut out of the current release plans. As far as I can tell, the only bug has to do with SMAPI 1.8/SDV 1.11's interaction, and.. honestly, it's only a bug in that the TV will give you the correct forecast and the menu won't. A proper changelog is being worked out, and I'm going to get it working for the 'exit to menu' option. Apologies about the delay here.

• Koihime Nakamura

I'm going to update the final rc pre the 1.2 release of SDV.

Known Issues: On the day of a wedding, if you had stopped and reloaded then, it won't be at all accurate.

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

• Koihime Nakamura