RELEASED [SMAPI] Xnb Loader 1.1.10

Safely load custom xnb files without touching your Content directory!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox submitted a new mod:

Xnb Loader - Safely load custom xnb files without touching your Content directory!

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
      faeamie, Davrial, Oxyligen and 6 others like this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having a bit of trouble getting this mod to work, althogh since it's only 1 day old and still experimental, that doesn't surprise me.

This may have something to do with trying to use the Crops mod, since it uses both this mod and the shop expander, but I'll leave that to you to figure out

Also, I included both the 1.01 and 1.02 logs, as I actually got less errors with 1.01. And I also checked with the updated framework from today, because I aw it before posting.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

UUUUG, Apparently I am *still* trying to load stuff to early... :rofl:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• 13akoors

Well, I have some good news and bad news. The good news is, it didn't crash this time, so you've fixed that. That said, it also still caused an error for the Shop Expander, which could have been an error with Shop Expander, but it also didn't load the portrait modifications from Portraits_Anime_Styled (same mods as before)

Please don't give up, though.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Annoyingly, for some reason it is not stripping out the path correctly to get the Content-relative equivalent >_>

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

This looks good. I hope you can work out the bugs. I think this would be a wonderful mod for stardew valley

• quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

I have a very simple retexture of the Oak tree which makes it easier to see tappers. XNB loader says it's redirecting, but doesn't work.

Log:
                Code:
                [15:36:15 TRACE Xnb Loader] Redirecting: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\XnbLoader\ModContent\TerrainFeatures\tree1_spring ~> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\XnbLoader\ModContent\TerrainFeatures\tree1_spring.xnb
                [15:36:15 TRACE Xnb Loader] Scanning for files and directories in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\XnbLoader\ModContent\TileSheets
                [15:36:15 INFO  Xnb Loader] Parsing complete, all files redirected

What is looks like on left with XNB Loader, vs. what it should look like (replaced XNB manually):
                [​IMG]

• 13akoors

The mod is currently still in beta and isn't working at all. If you want your mod to continue working, I'd suggest replacing the XNB manually until Ento gets this mod to work.

Effectively, the mod recognizes the XNB is there but isn't overwriting the original, for whatever reason.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
                    quirkyquark likes this.
                  • quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks, I figured. I only needed this for a day or so to attach tappers, so I'll remove the manual replacement but leave XNB Loader in so that when it does change I'll know it's working :)

• 13akoors

Unlike most of Ento's other mods, I don't think this one will auto inform you that it needs updated. That said, I've been keeping close eyes on it and manually updating as soon as possible, so I may be wrong.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It currently does not use the update notification feature no, I want to get it functional nice and proper before I add it in. (Even if I am starting to feel like throwing my PC over a bridge because the mod doesnt do what it is supposed to >_>)

13akoors likes this.
                        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated Xnb Loader with a new update entry:

Bug squashing!

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I just wanted to say thank you for this! I was having way too many issues with updating my edits to a SMAPI mod, but this solved everything!
                            Thank you so much :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated Xnb Loader with a new update entry:

Bugfix!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Minakie likes this.
                              • 13akoors

Well dang, Ento. You managed to push 2 updates while I was gone this weekend. Well, give me a minute. Hopefully, there's no more error logs :p

UPDATE: Well, it looks like everything went well. Happy days!

The only thing still acting up is that it's still having the same error with the More Crops unofficial continuation, where it can't find the mod's objects. But I'm not sure if that's an issue with this mod, shop extender, or the crops mod.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
                                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

More crops edits multiple files, one or more of them may be a Static that isnt on my list of "Stuff CA did that needs fixing on our end" >_<

• Valkeir

Valkeir Void-Bound Voyager

We throw this in the Mods folder right?