Announcement Multi Language Open Beta Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katzeus, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucas_

Lucas_ Space Hobo

I'd like to thank you for the translation, playing SV in my native language has been awesome.

One thing that bothers me is that, in the Brazilian Portuguese translation, Penny said to me "Obrigado", but, as she is a girl, she should say "Obrigada". I know it sounds weird, but it's a big deal to portuguese speakers.
    EDIT: It seems that all the phrases spoken by female characters are not in "gender agreement".

Also, some people didn't like the translation of names, but personally I loved it and I think they would get used to them eventually. I have no idea if making those translations optional is something hard, but it will kill two birds with one stone.

Also: 1. Animal Products is not Produtos para animais (which means products for animals) in Portuguese. I really think that Produtos animais or Produtos de origem animal would be better translations.

2. Some sentences don't fit in the textboxes.
    3. Nobody speaks "Salão" in Brazil. I think a better translation for The Saloon would be "A Taverna", "A Taberna", or just "Saloon". Also, if Starfruit doesn't have something to do with stars, it should be translated as "Carambola".

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    • inforcis BR

inforcis BR Space Hobo

[​IMG]Please leave the original names in the Portuguese translation

Anderson likes this.
      • Jinsoyun

Jinsoyun Poptop Tamer

Translation Feedback
        Language: Brazilian-Portuguese
        Operating System: Windowns 10
        Build Version: v1.2.2

Which part of the translation do you think is wrong, and why?

Information about potato seed in Pierre's shop:
        Plante-as na primavera. Demoram 6 ''meses'' para crescer, e podem gerar várias batatas na colheita.
        Correct: Plante-as na primavera. Demoram 6 ''dias'' para crescer, e podem gerar várias batatas na colheita.

Basic Fertilizer: Melhora a qualidade do ''fertilizante'' um pouco, aumentando sua chance de criar plantações de qualidade. Misture no ''fertilizante'' arado.
        Correct: Melhora a qualidade do ''solo'' um pouco, aumentando sua chance de criar plantações de qualidade. Misture no ''solo'' arado.

Crash/Bug Report

What happened? Did the game crash, freeze / lock up, or just do something wrong (e.g. use the wrong character's dialogue)? What did you expect to happen here?

I went to talk to Haley by the source, to the left of the Community Center, she said that she thinks her sister Emily is strange and doubts if they are sisters. After that a message box appeared but without any word.

I forged a copper bar for the first time, there appeared a notice that my diary was updated, but I had no other information attached to this conquest.

I will leave the link of the photos with my problems. Sorry but I did not get a print error about Haley

About potato seed: http://imgur.com/a/on5a9
        About basic fertilizer: http://imgur.com/a/Gr1rp
        About About the conquest of the copper bar forge: http://imgur.com/a/53RMY

• RashleyToff

RashleyToff Void-Bound Voyager

Язык: rus
          Операционная система: Windows 10
          Версия сборки: 1.2.2
          Я не знаю, если это ошибка из-за версии или перевода, или другие факторы. Прошу прощения, если воля не включено. Я играю русскую версию и проблемы с Шейном. При первом нажатии на нем говорится, что "он работает и не может говорить прямо сейчас", а это происходит даже тогда, когда он пьет пиво в салоне. На втором нажмите все нормально, есть нормальный диалог.
          Еще раз, простите за тревожную и плохой английский.

• benchromatic

benchromatic Master Chief

Just wanna say we all appreciate what you guys are doing and the energy and effort you're putting in to better the game. Thank you very much!

Neosaneo and tccoxon like this.
            • bigdick

bigdick Tentacle Wrangler

Post is completed now.
              NEW EDIT on Post #106

Disclaimer: My words may be biased because I only tested for only 1 hour. I have no intention of offending any translator.

First of all, I should tell you that this post is not a report for mistranslation but an experience report for the localized beta version.

Then, I speak Chinese and Japanese so I will talk about the translated versions for these two languages.

Language:
              Chinese
              Operating System: Windows 7
              Build Version: 1.2.2

Honestly, it is not a good translation work since it looks/ feels like the text has not been tested in game. In other words, many dialogs are translated LITERALLY and thus seem weird.
              I did translate something so I guess translator has never tested his works once in game.
              Besides not satisfactory dialogs, the translations for proper noun or terminology are not reasonable ... You know, some minerals or fish in Stardew Valley hold complicated terms in English ... Simple words should be used to translate instead of equally complicated terms in Chinese ... This game is public-oriented, especially child-oriented. No child knows the strange terms even in his native language.
              Here is one example. 晶洞 is a very professional term, and actually this word was coined in Japanese. (Chinese and Japanese share some same words and phrases.) People have no idea what it is.
              [​IMG]

Here is an example of several mistranslations.
              1. The pointer displays the description of Sweet Pea. It should be translated as '香豌豆', instead of ' 甜豌豆'.
              2. Current Funds 131,356g, Total Earnings 1,305,265g. These two terms should be translated as "持有现金" and "总收入". The translated two terms on the pic shown as "流动资金" and " 营收总计" are ACCOUNTING VOCABULARY in China. It is pretty strange here.
              [​IMG]

The description of "Glow Ring" is not translated in a good way. In English, it is "Emits a constant light." The translator just literally translated it with an unsuitable modifier. Yes, constant can be translated as "恒定的", however, in Chinese, we collocate "恒定的" with "temperature" as "a constant temperature" where "constant" specifically means "unvarying in nature".
              So, I think it's unreasonable to translated in this way.
              [​IMG]

As for dialogs, I show you one example with the same one from Japanese version.
              The top box is Chinese translation, the one in the middle is Japanese translation.
              The Chinese translation is, as I said, literally done, while the Japanese one is perfectly done with elegant transform of structure of original language and, especially some supplement to make the translation more fluent and coherent.
              [​IMG]

Language: Japanese
              Operating System: Windows 7
              Though Japanese translation is good, it is not perfect.
              Here are some translation errors and some tiny things needing improvement.

But first, an appreciation for Japanese translation.
              Good translation of description of Glow Ring and
              Good translation of "Current Funds" and "Total Savings"
              [​IMG]

"動物飼育者" is not the most accurate translation for "rancher". To be honest, it is a bit biased by focusing on "animals".
              I think "牧場主" is more apt.
              [​IMG]

Two tiny things.
              1. Is it "お酒とお食事" on the board ? I cannot see "酒" clearly in game.
              Maybe changing it into "おさけ お食事" is much clear for reading.
              2. 犬 has lost a part and has become 大.
              Changing it back to Dog is better I think.
              [​IMG]

"Lミルク" is not fully translated. I do not think Japanese children understand what 'L.' stands for.
              It should be translated as "おおきなミルク".
              [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
                lllzh likes this.
              • SergeMorgue

SergeMorgue Tentacle Wrangler

Unfortunately I feel the same about Brazilian Portuguese. I was expecting a really professional work, 'cause we've been waiting since October, but it's not what I came across.

I know they will listen to us and apply the localization improvements in the game. Hope so. The game was made with so much dedication and doesn't deserve a poor translation.

• bigdick

bigdick Tentacle Wrangler

Japanese translation is a bit different, I think. But I have just tested for a short while and can not simply draw a conclusion.
                  You can take a try because the fonts in Japanese is cute

• weissbaer

weissbaer Void-Bound Voyager

Bug Report
                    Language: German
                    Operating System: Windows 10
                    Build Version: v1.2.1

What: The "Hit!" in the german Translation seems to be cut off.. Don't remember that beeing in the original version.

Have you been able to trigger the bug or crash again by repeating what you did the first time?
                    Everytime during fishing

Not a bug that affects the game really, just not pretty.

Attached Files:

• SergeMorgue

SergeMorgue Tentacle Wrangler

You already drew a conclusion, wich is it: (And I have agreed)

I'm not saying that the whole translation is a mess. There are very well done lines but lots of lacks too. As you said, it's like the translator hadn't tested inside the game.

• mafi_93

mafi_93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

BigDick...

[​IMG]

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

I'm not able to reproduce this as easily as I thought. Would you be able to send me your save file? You can either PM me or email contact@chucklefish.org directly. Thanks :)

• sacredbishop

sacredbishop Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have the same problem, i send an email to contact with 3 error logs.

Now it hapenned to me 2 times in a row when i go to buy a beer. I don't know how to reproduce it, it only happens.

(Spanish translation - Win 10 - 1.2.2)

tccoxon likes this.
                            • tccoxon

Thanks for the feedback. We're discussing this in the office. Did you reach a conclusion on Japanese?

• weissbaer

weissbaer Void-Bound Voyager

Language German

The gender at the flowerdance when you ask someone to dance seems not correct, in this case it should be "mein Partner" as my caracter is male
                                gender.png

Also when switching to the next day, the dayinfo glitches to the position shown in the image and goes back into normal position shortly afterwards.
                                New Day Screen.png

• sacredbishop

sacredbishop Subatomic Cosmonaut

Here is what happened to me, almost everytime i want to buy something. It happened like on he video or when i am picking some stuff. (same happens with Pierre)

I literally just went out of my house and go there, i didn't interact with anything or anyone, other times i wait until 12: 30 to enter but the same happened.
                                  I have a friend who the game runs just perfect, no bug, no problems (not even the not loading save files problem).

I think the spanish translation is pretty good, one or another sentence is kinda weird (not wrong, just weird) but its ok.

I uploaded my save just in case

Attached Files:

• HettyJane

HettyJane Starship Captain

Hi, I've sent you my save file by email (at least I think I have!) Hope it helps and thanks again

• Hans Günther

Hans Günther Tentacle Wrangler

Language German

[​IMG]

"Zurück zum Titel" should be changend in "Zurück zum Hauptmenü"

[​IMG]

In Germany I would say: im Frühling/Sommer/Herbst/Winter not von Frühling/Sommer/Herbst/Winter
                                      And if it's possible, than change Tag 24 to 24. Tag

[​IMG]

Please change Minenarbeit to Bergbau. And we need an another word for Hofarbeit. Like Anbau, Landwirtschaft, Ackerbau. What does the other German say?

• Anderson

Anderson Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Translation Feedback

The text said by Alex in his house on monday when the player is married to him. The text says "Vou passar o dia inteiro aqui. Meus avós não vão ficar para semente..."

"Semente" doesn't fit the real meaning. Actually it doesn't fit any meaning in this text I think;

It can be adapted to "Vou passar o dia inteiro aqui. Meus avós não vão ficar aqui para sempre..."

Or literally translate "Vou passar o dia inteiro aqui. Meus avós não estão ficando mais novos..."

In the Bulletin Board (Mural de Recados). The Chef's Bundle is translate as "Conjunto de do Cozinheiro"

The "de" can be removed and keep the rest. "Conjunto do Cozinheiro"

Keep the good work :)

• tccoxon

v1.2.3 update just went up. Here are the changes:
                                          • Fixed day/time/money box & buff icon positioning
                                          • Potential fix for the crash in shop interfaces experienced by @sacredbishop @HettyJane
                                          A few internal changes also happened to get us ready for more translations to come in... you probably won't notice this though ;)

For reference, here are the changes in the previous builds:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.