1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Delusive Dimensions v0.1

Exploring the folds of the multiverse, one dimension at a time...

1. Eoxor

Eoxor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

great some of the never update their content like on steam workshop or just put up fluff

2. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would like to ask, is that cape/wings/back item a mod or actually ingame?

3. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Ah, the wings on my character? That's actually a mod made by my partner, a bit personal one at that. Sorry!

4. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mkay, well if you ever decide to release it ;)

5. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

I see, no problem with that. Maybe around 20th I could start on making dungeons. I think that's one of the main starbound's flaws, IMO it should have at least thrice as many dungeons/buildings in overall, especially on the planet's surface and maybe some that are exclusive to a planet's core.

6. ze_robot

ze_robot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  7. ambrose

ambrose Astral Cartographer

Is there any way to reset the pocket dimension (I accidentally flooded it with lava).
    :nurusad:

8. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Yes, actually! If you go to your Universe folder (Starbound > Storage > Universe), there should be a file with the name of the dimension, usually prefixed with "unique-". I suggest you make a backup of the file to delete in the case of multiple ones, juuust in case.

9. ambrose

Thank you so much you don't know how much you helped me!
    :nuruawe:

10. ambrose

unique-pocketportal.world, right?

11. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

G.Xyon updated Delusive Dimensions with a new update entry:

Quick patch!

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Kajnake

Kajnake Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    WHEN ITS FULLY RELEASED!!!!

Btw, it reminds me of that-one-minecraft-mod and i have one question
    Does falling from the barriers of the reality itself sends you to compeletly another creepy as hell dimension full of watching eyes?

13. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Currently it kills you just like if you fell off the outpost. Limbo is a 10-20% chance on teleport to a new section, so buy the escape items at the hub as there isn't a way out without also jumping to your death.

Kajnake likes this.
  14. Kajnake

Kajnake Void-Bound Voyager

Neat thx

15. Pinaz993

Pinaz993 Void-Bound Voyager

Dimensional Door. Limbo. Hmm, sounds familiar to me...

In any case, I do have an idea. It might be an idea best put in a separate mod, but if I could get this, it would be worth downloading the mod just for this feature.
    I would like to see a mod add teleporters that you link together, one to one. Perhaps some sort of short range telepad. Why? Because cluttering up my TP list with every sight I want to travel to makes it all the harder to get to where I want to go.

For instance: I go to a village, a person has a quest. "Go grab Clueless McGetslosteasy from the depths of the dungeon on the exact opposite side of the planet from here and lead them back."

So, I go, grab the person by the scruff of the neck, and drag them back to the village, nearly getting them killed several times.

Next quest: "I need an easily obtainable item from Snakeoil von Hermiton. Please take me to him. He's about a ten minute walk from here, near a landmark you didn't even notice was there."

So I do. The next three quests are rescue or kill quests centered on one of these two locations. I do the things. I set up a flag on both of these locations. But there's a problem. If I have to take someone somewhere, when I teleport to my ship and teleport back down, The person doesn't come with. Sometimes it doesn't matter, but it doesn't seem right to leave that person in danger just to teleport back.

So, I'd like to have a thing that will teleport all entities to the desired location when it receives a wire signal. No beam up animation, maybe a blink animation. Maybe. No muss, no fuss, just simple, short range, teleportation for all entities and not just players.

enderlordalatreon likes this.
  16. elijahlorden

elijahlorden Void-Bound Voyager

This is an amazing concept. I absolutely loved the Dimensional Doors mod in Minecraft. Is this mod still being actively worked on?

17. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Somewhat! Currently all of my projects are on stand-by as things have been piling up more and more. Right now the Gyrusens+ mod currently has some priority, but this one is being passively worked on whenever I get the chance, however here's a bit of a list of what's going to be worked on to keep you all posted:
    1. Core Dungeons + Core Items: Gonna be making the core dungeons to set up all of the appropriate mechanics and give the mod some actual content to serve as base and template for myself and other modders that would like to add onto the mod later in development. Possibly going to be the next update!
    2. Tweaking Limbo rates: Kinda annoyed being tossed into Limbo so much, so I'm gonna be cutting the percentages to half. Due to this, I'll be adding more dangers to the corridors... what kind of dangers? I'm not sure yet... but they'll be dangerous!
    3. Founder Dungeons + Treasure Rooms: Once the last two tweaks are done, I'll be adding all the accepted dungeon ideas (and the appropriate credit-items) and will continue to do so until the quota is filled; this will be worked alongside with the base Treasure rooms.
    4. Final release + "How To" Guide: Once all of the bases are covered, I'll be polishing the mod as much as possible, add some final dungeons (most probably still Founder ones), and make a "How To" guide on adding 3rd-party dungeons to the mod for those that are still interested in seeing more content in the mod.
    The mod is EXACTLY based on what you're thinking! The disclaimer makes a little note on it, too. ;)

It sounds quite complicated (but doable) being fair. I could possibly take a tinker at it, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to make it any time soon, if at all given my limitation of lua knowledge. If I do manage something, then you can expect it to be its own little mod though!

18. Onyxtrazus

Onyxtrazus Void-Bound Voyager

It's good to see that you're still on it. =)
    I'm quite sure it's gonna be a pleasure to have this mod when it will be finished (or at an advanced state). :catsparkle:
    I love Pinaz993's teleporter's idea too. If you can make it someday, I bet this will be a must-have for everyone who likes making quests from time to time or to get specific crewmembers in a village (or just for house teleportation mechanics... or dungeons... well, for a lot of things! ^^).

Good luck for the mod-making ! :nuruwink:

19. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Very small updates!

Arra likes this.
  20. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Minor improvements!