RELEASED Stardew Valley Expansion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tegobash, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is currently no way for him to do such himself, as ALL has no function for it.
    The mod that adds taxes can check if mailReceiver has the `ALLCondition_WineHouse` string in it, since that is the conditional flag set when you buy the place.

• ashers2ashers

ashers2ashers Void-Bound Voyager

I am silently (patiently) cheering you on, i think this is going to be so awesome! I lurk around this site often but i have never really posted much. I have to say though, I really like the concept of this mod especially the map expansion. I'm actually holding off on starting a new game since the 1.1 update came out cause I want to start it with your mod cause it looks so cool. keep up the good work!

tegobash likes this.
      • ThePugKing21

ThePugKing21 Void-Bound Voyager

Any more progress on this mod?

• ThePugKing21

ThePugKing21 Void-Bound Voyager

Please tego, if you read this, would you think about either developing more (if it's not happening already) or at least giving a progress update or replying?

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Don't worry, it's not dead, it's just there are still some thing that need to be done before releasing. It's Christmas now (Merry Christmas!), after that I hope to be back to work with the mod.

• Zaden

Zaden Void-Bound Voyager

this mod looking great :D

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I made a pretty big overhaul of your expansion maps from stardew expansion (connected hills to railroad via warp, changed the map layout around a lot, fixed a few issues, changed the cave warp to a warp to the railroad party, connected the hilltop farm part to the bottom via a slope, blocked off the aspengrove and riverbank warps(both) for now)
                I am gonna overhaul the busstop 2 into something else now and then maybe work on the other maps
                Right now I am doing it just for me, but I wanted to ask you if I can have permission to release this with credits to you for the maps.
                This does NOT include the farm in any way (hills still warps to the secret forest but the west warp now goes to BusStop2) to make it more compatible with other farm mods. (Also because I use Omnifarm, lol)

I renamed all the files (and might just change the forest warp later) to make it compatible with your new release when it rolls around.
                I made this because honestly, the two caves, the aspengrove and the riverbank were all pretty to look at but that was pretty much it. They didn't have any practical use.

• Fyrhtu

Fyrhtu Void-Bound Voyager

Tegobash, any updates? Can't wait to get that Winery. ^_^

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

I am now debugging the first version of the mod. Since my break was so long it's going to be a little bit poorer that I planned but I want to release something or else I'll have motivation issues.

• Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

Any idea if adding this mod to a game in progress with cause undesirable effects?

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

What do you mean by "undesirable effects"? If you mean bugs, I'm working hard (annoying Ento) fixing them.

Anyway, just two bugfixes and an interior and the mod is released. Here's a little something:
                        [​IMG]

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The biggest undesirable would be bushes and such remaining as they previously were, rather then updating to the new placements.
                          EntoFramework 1.7, to be released with ALL 1.3 will include a command to repair the bushes.

Aveloren and Acerbicon like this.
                          • Aveloren

What I mean is if one were to start a game prior to the release then add your mod to it, what the scale of issues might be. This could range from nothing, to graphical glitches to straight out crashing on load.
                            When I used your old map mod, it was possible to add it to a game in progress with out issue (granted I would usually start a new game, so there was not much testing). As you are adding SO MUCH MORE (thanks!), I was curious what might happen to any in progress games (I have been holding off on starting a Tego+longevity+more crops mod until all three were updated).

Entoarox's response has now covered my question :)

Please continue the great work. I can't wait to get chance to use your expansion.

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Other than what Ento said, there is a minor, minor bug at the gas station. There are two employees and they generate on certain days. If you start the day after an employee should have generated, his sprite might not be present, but you could still interact with him. It fixes itself after a week (at most), so I'm not gonna rework anything and I'll let you speak with ghosts.

I don't play much now, mostly I just mod, but I thought of starting a new save with these exact mods.

The mod is almost finished! Any moment now.

Aveloren, Acerbicon and eemie like this.
                              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No worries on that, any ALL mod is safe to use with a existing savefile, there will just be some small issues at times (trees inside fences, bushes in undesired places), but between the new EntoFramework command and your axe, you should be able to fix all that.
                                You will simply be missing any debris added by the mod on existing locations, since there is no way to identify if the debris is new..

Aveloren likes this.
                                • Aveloren

Any moment now? Don't say such things. The excitement... the excitement... :party:

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Well I was just reminded that ALL and Ento's Framework have to be updated before the release. Sooo any moment after those two get an update :D

UPDATE: The mod should be released within an hour.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
                                      xangria and Aveloren like this.
                                    • tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

I've updated the 1st post. Enjoy!

eemie, Beon, Sintafury and 3 others like this.
                                      • Sintafury

Sintafury Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks in advance, your mods are very good.

• xangria

xangria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looks good so far with my Year 3 file and I've played a few days now. Thanks for the hard work!

tegobash likes this.