RELEASED Karmylla's Spouse Rooms Edits - 4 VERSIONS

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Karmylla, Nov 6, 2016.

?

Which edit do you prefer? With floor lights or without?

1. With floor lights.

46.0%
  2. Without floor lights.

12.1%
  3. Calm wallpapers with floor lights.

34.5%
  4. Calm wallpapers without floor lights.

14.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

So you might want to move that heater in Penny's room in front of the bookcase as she'll walk into it and clip with it.

[​IMG]

Karmylla likes this.
    • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@Cider thank you for the warning! When I get the time, I'll take care of it and re-upload ALL the files!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

!!! ATTENTION !!!

The mod has been revised!
        Thanks to @Cider's report, I edited all the maps so Penny won't clip through the heater!
        Also, I noticed the same happened with Shane and the beers in front of his fridge, so I edited them out as well!
        Check this new update!
        And I am still open to requests!

HopeWasHere, Milkheart and Cider like this.
        • Milkheart

Milkheart Void-Bound Voyager

I know this may be too much, but if you could do as many of these 3 requests I've been wanting to see forever, I'd be so grateful! xD

I uploaded a picture of my entire houses floor, and walls. I've had these floors and walls for 8 in-game years, and it bothers me SO MUCH that Elliots room is so different compared to the rest of the house. I also can't stand the bear rug (for the theme I'm going for). I was wondering if there was a way you could give me an edit of YOUR room, but without the rug? And if at all possible, could you change the walls and floor to match the rest of my house? >_< Even one thing of those would help! Sorry if this is a bother! I have no idea how retexturing works.

Attached Files:

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@Mikheart, of course!
            But you should give me the tilesheet you are using so I can edit the room the way you want it!
            I use the vanilla tilesheet, but you seem to be using a different one (the flooring in your house is different from the vanilla tilesheet!)

Edit: Actually, sorry, I can't! Because the flooring and wallpaper you want are not included in the tilesheet used for the map editing, anyway...
            What I can do, is change his room the best I can to match your house!

Edit 2: There is another way, a SMAPI mod, but I am not very good with them :\ The best solution is making a thread on the forums and request this done!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
            • Milkheart

I don't know what you mean by tilesheet. My walls and floor are vanilla. Got them from the wallpaper catalog! I'd want to use your room mod instead of the one I have shown, as well, I just didn't have it installed yet so I didn't have a screenshot. And I can't use SMAPI because of a convoluted problem with my laptop. Anything you can do would be perfect for me! Even if it's just removing the bear rug. And again, I don't want to continue using the room in my screenshot! I'd rather use an edited version of yours! I like it a lot. :D You can see that my house is sunny, full of plants and flowers and stuff like that. So you have full creative license to make it look however you think would look best next to the bedroom! I'm not picky! If you can't do anything at all, I understand. I mostly appreciate you taking the time to try to help! :)

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@Milkheart I was referring to the Witchy-Gothic Interior you added to your game, which is not from the vanilla game.
                But this is what I came up with. I made it so it would match the purple and green that thrives in the bedroom!
                What would you like to see changed? A lighter flooring, maybe?
                [​IMG]

• Milkheart

*Gasp* That's looking SO lovely, thank you! And you even changed the ship to candles! <3 <3 This is the best! Is it possible for me to have a white wall (as close to the wallpaper you see in the bedroom) and as close to the color of the wood floor in the bedroom? Just, as light as possible for both! :'D You've made this look so amazing! Thank you so much for your time and effort!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Honestly, it is very hard to get something to match your bedroom, but I did what I could :/
                    Besides the first version that I did for you, I made four more, each with different wallpapers and flooring.
                    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Milkheart

Oh, these are amazing! Thank you so so much, and sorry for the complication with my room! Again, I don't know how retexturing the spouse rooms works, so I'm really sorry for the inconvenience! I really like the third one over. The one with the purple rug!

Karmylla likes this.
                      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Ok, I will work on it as soon as possible! Would you like another wallpaper, from the other versions?

• Milkheart

Nope, it's a-okay! Thank you so much!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

!!! ATTENTION !!!

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Thank to the generous @Acerbicon, we now have SMAPI! No more .xnb replacements!
                            Go to the front page to download and learn how to use it!
                            Again, thanks a bunch, @Acerbicon !

HopeWasHere likes this.
                            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@Milkheart here is your file! Tell me if anything goes wrong or if you would like anything else changed!

Attached Files:

Milkheart likes this.
                              • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Apparently there's an issue with the ALL enabled files, going to look into it now.

sevensevenseventeen and Karmylla like this.
                                • What kind of issue? Because I'm start to thinking that I have the same issue that are you mentioning.

• Acerbicon

SMAPI and or ALL isn't recognizing/loading the edited map. Not quite sure what the problem is yet, may be an internal difference on how it is referred to. I believe this may also be happening with Maru's Basement from @Karmylla's other map edits. Until I can figure it out, this mod and Maru's Basement are going to have to be manually replaced instead of using ALL.

• Acerbicon

After hashing it out with Ento, it's apparently not possible for the spouse rooms (or Maru's basement) to be loaded through ALL. CA handled the loading of those rooms a bit differently it seems. It might be possible in the future though. Sorry I couldn't do more.

Karmylla likes this.
                                      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Just like @Acerbicon said, unfortunately we'll have to postpone a SMAPI for these edits!
                                        Either way, I would like to thank @Acerbicon for their efforts! May we dream of a day in which we'll use Advanced Location Loader to its full potential! :D

Acerbicon likes this.
                                        • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

There's another way to use these without replacing the vanilla files: the XnbLoader. I've been using it for everything now. :)

Karmylla likes this.