WIP [SMAPI 40.0] Daily Notifications

Discussion in 'User Interface' started by dreamsicl, Apr 28, 2016.

1. dreamsicl

dreamsicl Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    XaviiKinz and ress_1819 like this.
  2. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Oooooh, I like this! I especially like you using the popup notifications for this!

I've taking a look at your code, and saw you are getting the NPC who's birthday it is using a loop during the DayOfMonthChanged event.
    Might I suggest using a dictionary cache to retrieve all birthdays once, and then just look them up? It would be quite a bit faster to execute, especially once new NPC's become commonplace :p

Edit: Also might I suggest checking if day%7==3 instead of making a list of wednesdays? :p

XaviiKinz and dreamsicl like this.
    • dreamsicl

Sure, good ideas! I'll make those changes asap.

Edit: Done. Found a better birthday option, you may want to peek at it haha

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Coolio!

As for other events, maybe you could have one for when a tool has finished upgrading?

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I'd like an event that tells me when its a festival day. I often just find out because I try to go into town and I'm met with a message saying I can't go there because they're getting ready for the festival =P

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, this is nice!

dreamsicl likes this.
            • dreamsicl

I've added both, but I could only test the festival notification. The upgrade notification should work though.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
              • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Thank you!

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

This is pretty neat thanks xD

• GBDetective

GBDetective Void-Bound Voyager

Just tested this. Upon loading the game (on Fall 11th, Year 2), it correctly notified me of Jodi's birthday. However, it did not notify me that the Iridium Axe at Clint's was ready. Possibly because the Axe was given to Clint before the mod was installed (Fall 9th, and not from today in real life)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
                    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Woah. Sick stuff man, totes useful o:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The code in question just checks the stardew code itself, so its a bug, I'll have a look in stardew's code and see if I can figure out why its not being triggered....

Edit: I've had a look, and the code is pretty much identical to the code used by the game itself, my best guess would be that `(Farmer()).daysLeftForToolUpgrade` is not getting decremented until after the `DayOfMonthChanged ` event has already triggered.

• Harlekin13

Harlekin13 Big Damn Hero

seems more than just useful but also seems to be offline...
                          i always get an 404-error... No idea when i'll look again.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

The mod creator has likely taken down the file and stopped working on it. They have not logged on since May last year.

Here's an alternative if you're looking to install a notification mod though.