1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Felins 3.9.1

Catgirls in Space!

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I have plans regarding a custom outpost. It'll be linked to the vanilla one through the 2-Stop Teleshop, and I may add a way to get the broken sword, and possibly a way to upgrade it, if I don't let you upgrade the katar instead.

Until then, you can always spawnitem it.

Xylia likes this.
  2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Ooo. A custom outpost.

Now THAT will be something.

Dude, your mod is already more feature-rich than most other race mods, isn't yours like the one-and-only that has a custom intro already? Adding an Outpost onto that, well there's no comparison lol.

I'd love to see an outpost full of purring kittens and their insanely comfortable looking furniture/decor. The rug tiles are some of my favorite flooring (I only wish they were slightly easier to make tho I could just cheat with spawnitem lol), too.

RowanEx and Rosalie like this.
  3. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

Wait, if you are going to add a custom Outpost, what will happen to the vanilla outpost and their missions?

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Nothing at all. Did you miss this part?

5. RowanEx

My mistake. You know, this is the most content-filled thing next to the Avali, right?

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You know, that part was literally at the top of this page, which was only two posts long at the time, right?

tomssuli and RowanEx like this.
  7. wildejackson

wildejackson Void-Bound Voyager

Not even vanilla starbound has race-specific intros, your actually outdoing the devs on this!

xaliber and tomssuli like this.
  8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@wildejackson: I did push for them to add support for it, though.

And they did it.

9. RowanEx

wait, so does that mean we have support for non-vanilla intro missions
    because of you?

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You know that thing where NPCs used to have all their different costume color options defined by having every single color as a separate costume choic and now they have a list of colors, severely cutting down the size of npctype files? You know how NPCs can say their own name, allowing them to speak in the third person?

;)

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  11. tomssuli

tomssuli Title Not Found

Chucklefish should just hire you to make Starbound great (again?) :D

RowanEx likes this.
  12. RowanEx

Since I'm a 16 non-technical guy, I just realized that you basically added randomizers to the NPCs (no wonder they're all now different). Nice!

13. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Any thoughts on bringing the Felin to RimWorld as perhaps a more suitably unique and less Mary Sue rival to the Orassans?

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

False. They were already randomized. Now they're just declared in a better way.

If you wanted an NPC to wear a coolchest in color 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9, or a workoutchest in the same set of colors, you had to specify this in the .npctype file:
    Code:
    { "name" : "coolchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 1 } }, { "name" : "coolchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 3 } }, { "name" : "coolchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 4 } }, { "name" : "coolchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 5 } }, { "name" : "coolchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 6 } }, { "name" : "coolchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 7 } }, { "name" : "coolchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 8 } }, { "name" : "coolchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 9 } },
    { "name" : "workoutchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 1 } }, { "name" : "workoutchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 3 } }, { "name" : "workoutchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 4 } }, { "name" : "workoutchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 5 } }, { "name" : "workoutchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 6 } }, { "name" : "workoutchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 7 } }, { "name" : "workoutchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 8 } }, { "name" : "workoutchest", "data" : { "colorIndex" : 9 } },
    That's too much. How 'bout what they use now instead?
    Code:
    { "name" : "coolchest", "parameters" : { "colorIndex" : [1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9] } },
    { "name" : "workoutchestchest", "parameters" : { "colorIndex" : [1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9] } },
    I know not of RimWorld.

RowanEx and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  15. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Okay then...

16. RowanEx

I'm stupid.

can you secretly create a non-bowdlerized version of Felins?

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@RowanEx: Consider the following:
    1. Getting reported for having a prostitute.npctype ended up a good thing with regards to the development of the felin conculture.
    2. You can't actually see that they're called comforter.npctype instead, being an internal thing. The only external mention of comforters is in the lore, referring to the Path that prostitutes fall under.
    3. If you look at an apex bloodbank with Felin Obj+ installed, your character says "fuck" outright.

So tell me, how would I un-bowdlerize the felin?

18. RowanEx

I must've been stuck in the past then, heheh.

19. Ignes_Vulpes

Ignes_Vulpes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How about instead of a Outpost, you make a Space Station. Maybe have just one, or maybe give it a small chance to spawn in the universe like a planet? Also how about a custom UI? Just a few ideas I have.

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's exactly the plan, as a matter of fact; having the felin player start in one section of a space station and return to the same station a little later. You'll be able to pan up and see the intro mission's rooms with the lights out and noone but a janitor around, and the opposite during the intro.
    What? Why?

Edit: you probably wouldn't be able to use it if I did :catlol:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Jareix Cryvix likes this.