OOC It Sucks To Be Earth(Not open)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Rgbunpro, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

You're right, but in my experience (which is more pen&paper and less forum RPGs to be honest) much of a character's personality develops over time, so I, personally, would much rather start with a sort of "untainted" character if you catch my drift.

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Yeah, but it's never bad to have bad quirks. Remember, this kind of RP is more narrative focused than tabletop. The objective is to create a compelling story rather than see what's in the next dungeon.

Surenu likes this.
  3. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Let me preface this by saying that none of what I am going to say is any sort of criticism or - god forbid - insult towards you.
    First of all: You're right, once again. However, perhaps I worded things a bit awarkdly here, or maybe you and I have different experiences with pen&paper gaming, and that's completely alright, however, modern P&P isn't just about the next dungeon and can, in fact, rival forum RPs.

However, since you are right, I will try to think of a few more traits, but please let me have my character evolve during play.

HunterC1998 and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  4. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

I understand what you're saying, you want the character to grow traits and feelings from how the RP runs, build on the story while it builds on you.

5. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Precisely, yes. I must apologize again - while I am fairly confident about my English it's still not my native tongue so I may get things wrong like before.

Higuera and HunterC1998 like this.
  6. Jareix Cryvix

Depends I suppose. In my experience with pathfinder and DnD, the focus was mainly on the odd story unveiled by the dungeon delve, as well as the lore, but the focus was always in the stats and combat as opposed to in depth character interactions beyond perhaps the rogue (often me) stealing stuff from the other party members. There's only so far you can go with the situations presented in DnD and Pathfinder...
    Though i never did play more modern PnP games... I still use 3.5 edition... :p Never played the cthulhu or shadowrun games...

7. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Okay, so we do have different experiences and opinions on PnP. Well, I can't blame you, and in fact, even if I could, I wouldn't want to, since we're all here to have fun. Basically, modern PnPs tend to go heavy on the roleplaying aspect and disregard the rollplaying aspect (though there are some exceptions, as evidenced by the continued existence of Pathfinder). I, for one, mostly write my own settings and just slap BRP rules on 'em, but the rules are mostly secondary.

8. Jareix Cryvix

Yeah, that's more my focus. Just ask any of my players for my RPs who hates them more... Fortune, or the author (me)...
    Hint: It's always me who they hate.

Firebird Zoom and Surenu like this.
  9. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Well, my players hate me as well, yet noone volunteers to GM. Considering that, I can't be that bad :D

Firebird Zoom and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  10. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Alrighty man, time for the ultimate judgement of RG. Don't worry you did fine. Don't worry about the numbers in parenthesis, that's just how much you added to each stat. I did that for easy number crunching. I would give you some advice about adding more traits etc, expect I see there's already been a whole conversation about that. Seeing as how I have literally no experience playing any sort of DnD or P&P anything, I don't really have room to talk there. So here's what I'll say instead, I don't recall adding a trait minimum requirement, I just remember adding a cap, so if you wanna roll with three traits I don't really see an issue. Everything else checks out though in case you were wondering, it doesn't take a lot to make one of these apps good on the first shot.

Surenu likes this.
  11. SpaceMonkeyRingo

SpaceMonkeyRingo Big Damn Hero

Guess who's back!!

Jareix Cryvix and Firebird Zoom like this.
  12. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

@Arra
    I think you accidentally combined what I found with what you found, friend. Read over the post again :p

Arra likes this.
  13. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Name: Leon Bishop
    Race: Human
    Stats
    Physical Strength: 20
    Knowledge: 25
    Speed: 25
    People Skills: 30
    Survival Skills: 20
    Physical Resistance: 25
    Mental Resistance: 20
    Fortune: 15
    Magick/Mutation: 0
    Weapons Proficiency: Proficiency with 2h melee weapons
    Melee: 25
    Ranged: 15
    Magick Weapons: N/A
    Stealth: 20

Appearance:
    A 6"3' spiffy looking man with black hair which is short and wavy.
    His facial hair is normally tamed, except he hasn't seen a razor in months, even if he had the time to shave. Joke's on him though, he's mostly incapable of growing a full beard.
    Bright electric blue eyes, and a STRONG facial structure with bushy eyebrows.
    He used to wear fashionable clothes but now he just manages with a good old survivalist aesthetic, ragged jeans, padded jacket, bandana headband, work boots, and a business shirt.
    Traits:
    Confident
    Smart
    Kind

Dry humour
    British accent

Cynical
    Lingering hermit lifestyle
    Abrasive

Perks:
    -Enduring
    -Slicing and Bonking
    Backstory:
    Bishop started out as a hermit, he was always living away from society memeing on the internet and whatnot.
    That is until the day he heard about the Warlocks. He quickly prepared himself for doomsday, SOME doomsday.
    The realization that the world was swiftly ending snapped something inside of him, he began going outside a lot more and actually spending time with people.
    He even managed to befriend a Warlock that had been stationed in his hometown in the UK, unknowingly however.
    Bishop soon realized that the end of the world was his destiny, his chance to live instead of just exist, a chance to survive.
    He'd never been close to his family. They were rich, they cared about him, but he separated himself from as many people as possible before the apocalypse.
    The day after the nukes hit he convinced a friend to take him to America, he mapped out the most radiated areas from where he heard the nukes dropped.
    Managing to stay out of an irradiated area as well as settling away from the broken seal Bishop had slowly learned how to cope with his new life.
    By the time he'd decided he had enough of the apocalypse the devastation had already spread across the planet, with him stuck in the epicenter.

Starting Inventory:
    ALUMINUM BASEBALL BAT
    Padded leather jacket
    2 Cans of Chef Boyardee
    A flashlight with arguable battery life
    Half a loaf of bread
    1 Can of tuna
    2 Wooden scrap

Is it cool if I submit this app?
    I think this RP looks really good and I'm kinda disappointed I've never seen it before!

Higuera and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  14. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Eh....
    Looks fine to me.

Accepted Feel free to start posting whenever.

15. Higuera

Higuera Cosmic Narwhal

Ruins of the city perhaps? Gets a little boring with just a walking talking drug shroom :V

16. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry for inactivity, internet is very broken.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  17. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

You know, even if I placed him next to ya, there's still a walking talking shroom.

Higuera and Firebird Zoom like this.
  18. Higuera

Higuera Cosmic Narwhal

I know, would be more interesting ofcourse :V This group needs a boring old human :V

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  19. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Does this sentence imply my character is lame or there are no normal human beings in the group.
    Or both?! :0

EDIT: I always feel awkward as heck doing intro posts for my character on an RP that's already been made, how should I go about this?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  20. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

No your characters great... humans are great, less likely to have there limbs fall off at least...

As for starting I think the normal way to do it in this RP is to announce your characters leaving of their current location and start doing something...