1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Save File Editing Guide (For solving some common issues)

Discussion in 'Support' started by ConcernedApe, Mar 19, 2016.

1. crazybmanp

crazybmanp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a way to clear changes I made to other areas, say the beach. I was using a mod, and i have about a hundred crab pots on the beach that now can't be interacted with. I would like them to not be there anymore.

• Hiwa_K99

Hiwa_K99 Yeah, You!

So Ive tried to move an old file save to a new version of the game but I keep getting this issue. When I try to load the game file, the game just crashes. Any ideas as to why?

Attached Files:

• potato master

potato master Space Hobo

some how my save file just diapered I didn`t delete it.

• justjakewilldo

justjakewilldo Space Hobo

Hi. Long time enjoyer; first time "problem" have-r. It's currently Spring Year Two Flower Festival, but I have the letter from Emily for her 10 heart event at the Mayor's House on this day too. I tried to do her event in the morning but because of the Festival (I think) the mayor's house is locked; I tried going to the festival, then running in to town to the Mayor's house after the flower festival, the house is locked.

What happens if I don't read my mail? Will the letter saying to go to the Mayor's house be there the next day or will the event be screwed up/missed even if I don't read the mail telling me to go there?

• Lil_Galaxy

Lil_Galaxy Big Damn Hero

I'm not getting Shane's 6 heart cutscene, what ID number is that?

• pralima87

pralima87 Void-Bound Voyager

Those event issues need to be fixed. Save File Editing is not a proper sulotion since the game is now on consoles too.
              I'm on PS4 and never got Evelyn cookies recipe so not I can't complete the Gourmet trophy.
              The dev need to offer a proper solution to those old issues.

• lucasng0920

lucasng0920 Intergalactic Tourist

anyone know emily 8 heart event ID number?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Emily's 8 heart event is: 2123243

BabyShark25 likes this.
                  • danygta

danygta Space Hobo

Hello!

Is there a way to use this 'hack' to be able to fish the mutant carp once more? I accidentally turned mine into quality fertiliser and without it I cannot complete the fish tank bundle. I have like 70 hours of play time, was about to get married and stuff, but after spending a week fishing in the sewers (got a lot of carp) and then reading the fish only appears once I am sad and refuse to keep playing the game without it :( PLEASE HELP! Thank you

• pralima87

Please fix your game so we don't need to save edit it.
                      Console users thank you.

• MysticTempest

I'd have to take a look at the save file to see how to restore it. I'm not that far into my own game personally. But, the mutant carp isn't required for any bundle. I'd double check what you need.

• Xxlifehunterxx

Xxlifehunterxx Star Wrangler

How to change professions on Xbox one?

• pralima87

You can't.
                            PS4 and Xbox can't save edit.
                            Only solution is to start over.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That's more-to-do with the nature of the platform... hence why highly moddable games such as this one are rarely anywhere near as good as their PC versions.

But people still buy the overpriced PCs-in-a-fancy-box despite this fact.

• RAINBIRD55

RAINBIRD55 Starship Captain

KENT doesn't make an appearance until Year 2,Spring 1,at least in my game he did.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Leah and Gunther should be in the game at the very beginning, though I think you don't get a quest to go see Gunther until you pick up an artifact or anything that can be donated to the museum (I highly doubt it is possible to play until Year 2 without picking up a single artifact under normal conditions). You can find Leah on the very first day if you look in the right place, as per her usual schedule.

• alcas1

alcas1 Space Hobo

does anyone know the event ID for the railroad cutscene where you get the dark talisman quest?

• MysticTempest

Hey alcas1, the eventID for that one is '529952'

• justinemann

justinemann Seal Broken

hi everyone, do any of you have the number for the very first community center cutscene, in which Lewis unlocks the building for you? thanks!

• MysticTempest

Heya justinemann; that eventID is #611439

justinemann likes this.