1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Having some Marriage issues

Discussion in 'Support' started by Commander-Ducks, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Commander-Ducks

Commander-Ducks Void-Bound Voyager

Got Stardew Valley for the PS4 and I love it. Already put a silly amount of hours into it (and counting) but I think I've encountered some bugs with marriage.

So, the issue being I've married Sam (what a sweetheart) and like have been for quite some timez The farmer and Sam have one child together which is now the running around the house toddler stage has been at this stage for just over the year mark and he has not asked once for another. I've tried going to bed before him which interrupts my mining plans but alas no child. No talk of one either.

The other issue which I think is more of a bug that just bad luck with children. I have full hearts with him talk to him everyday, I even give him something he loves every day yet occasionally he'll get depressed and stay in bed all day. I read online that this happens when you don't give your spouse enough attention but believe me I do. At one point the hearts dropped a bit. Other than presents, talking to him twice a day and those smooches I can't see what else I can do about it. I'm I missing something or are these bugs?

I encountered another bug actually, unrelated to marriage. Where I can't buy another chicken, anytime I do the game just freezes and quits and shuts downs

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great.

• _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Sandwich Man

Sometimes the spouse won't ask for a really long time. It's random aside from keeping them happy and having a space empty.
      Not sure what's happening with the Chicken though, sorry.

Commander-Ducks likes this.
      • Commander-Ducks

I thought as much. It's so strange, I just keep patiently waiting.

The chicken thing is odd though. Thanks anyway :)

• GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

Just to mention there is a jealousy system in the game. Have you gifted items to other spouse characters because that could be related to Sam's behavior.

• Commander-Ducks

Yeah I heard about that, I only give gifts to them for their birthday which I assumed was okay? Or does that still count.