1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I destroyed your homeworld! (Storyline Enemy Speculation)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Arroz2003, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arroz2003

Arroz2003 Void-Bound Voyager

booom planet.jpg
    I think that either there is some kind of enemy that is kind of like Galactus. Or Someone on your homeworld sold out the planet to a Galactus type or super humanoid alien race.

Or maybe..... you build up to fight this enemy... you finally go through a black hole that takes you back in time and you save your homeworld and you realize you created an AI life form that goes back in time itself.... like the terminator and blows your planet up. You then have to build up and go into the past before it gets there and beat yourself so your creation does not destroy your own homeworld! Lol maybe thats a little too deep!

What Do you guys think??

2. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Even more powerful than any of that!
    [​IMG]

3. EarthBound

EarthBound Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"Starbound begins with you fleeing your homeworld in a space shuttle, just as it’s destroyed by an unknown enemy." -About page of playstarbound.com
    Who this enemy? Maybe an alien, or why not, another person from your homeworld, someone who got crazy or something.
    But i have a question: Is this "homeworld" the earth? Hmmm...

Arroz2003 likes this.
  4. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe not an alien. Maybe your own president who destroyed your planet so he could sell a new industry of planets for tons of money!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

5. kris

kris Space Spelunker

Maybe its a plot to remove all life, and the "unknown enermy" starts to destroy other planets until they get killed or they can be slowed down

6. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Hmmmm, I think it was the PENGUINS! @.@

7. Maka

Maka Void-Bound Voyager

I really like the OP's picture.

I want a gun that can do that.

8. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

All your statements are false. Everyone knows that the space hobo is evil.

9. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

Well there is only 1 thing for certain, The plot to destroy the homeworld has nothing to do with me :lod: .......

10. Space Sphere

Space Sphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Perhaps they activated the Desolation Engine or World Bomb?
    (What kind of Foe tries to activate those machines? Any ideas, Vincent?)
    (Yup, a very obscure SP reference.)

11. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

It is likely that the plot of the game has something to do with gearing up to fight this unknown evil (if they are in fact the evil ones)
    Free Krabmikaze: QE

12. Arroz2003

Arroz2003 Void-Bound Voyager

Tiy said we would eventually be able to destroy planets!

13. Leon

Leon Void-Bound Voyager

When I read this I pictured a huge explosion resident evil style but anyways maybe in the end you figure out you somehow caused the destruction of your planet without even knowing it, that would sure be a twist

Arroz2003 likes this.
  14. Oscario

Oscario Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe nobody was responsible for the planet's destruction and it just happened to blow up on it's own...

15. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

All good stuff. cannot wait for this game to come out. I'm going to play it non-stop!

Polar ! likes this.
  16. Polar !

Polar ! Pangalactic Porcupine

There's always a more powerful race, and that might be able to destroy your planet O_O space pigs !

17. drcheesington

drcheesington Void-Bound Voyager

Little do you know that the unknown enemy in question is none other than evil you from the future. The destruction of your planet and all life upon it turned you mad with rage and sadness, leading you to traverse the universe and gather enough materials to create a time machine, allowing you to vent your insane grief and anger upon all those who ever mocked or scorned you, by destroying everything that they hold dear, not to mention themselves, using the most powerful weapon ever created.

What can I say, there's been a distinct lack of time paradoxes in this discussion. It had to be rectified.

18. sayaks

sayaks Void-Bound Voyager

Of course someone from he future told you this, so you travel to his time to kill yourself!

19. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some kid in a mask made the moon have an evil face and made it crash into the world and you have to travel back in time 3 days a bunch to fix everything and save your planet.

20. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe it's your evil brother/sister/twin :O !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.