1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue 1.2.2 Graphics missing/invisible character and monsters (Mac)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by THEPhancyGamer, Jan 20, 2017.

1. THEPhancyGamer

THEPhancyGamer Space Hobo

I'm not really sure what's going on, I was playing earlier today with no problems and when I opened it up again the background of the main screen was black. I then went to open a save and when I did my character wasn't there, I could still interact with the environment but my character and all monsters were invisible. I thought it may have been a problem with just that one save file so I started a new character and that one was invisible as well as well as the ship looking very glitched. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and nothing has changed. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this they would be greatly appreciated.

iMac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Main Screen
    [​IMG]

The first load, you can see where I can place the wood platform, but the character is missing
    [​IMG]

The new character just loaded up
    [​IMG]

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

3. THEPhancyGamer

THEPhancyGamer Space Hobo

Sorry to bother you. I'm not sure why but I just started the game up today, and it's working fine

4. futons

futons Void-Bound Voyager

Going to jump in on this thread because I've been having this EXACT SAME ISSUE since just after the christmas update. Usually putting my computer to sleep for 5~ mins and waking it up will allow the images to reappear, but this is getting more than tiresome to have to continuously do.

I tried to find my log file to include, but for some reason the last time it was updated was from 2014 during beta, and I can't seem to find any newer editions.

EDIT: Okay, found the updated ones, will upload it now.

Attached Files:

5. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Try changing the option "limitTextureAtlasSize" from false to true in your starbound.config file. The issue is probably that you're using a video card below the minimum requirements and it's running out of video memory. Setting this option limits the memory used and may resolve the issue.

6. futons

Okay, I will try this! Only problem is, that option doesn't seem to exist for me? Like, "limitTextureAtlasSize" is literally not there at all. Should I place it in the file myself? If so, where should I input it?

7. Healthire

You can either put it in yourself if you're confident enough that you can do it correctly, or you can delete the file and start the game and it will create a new one, but you will lose all your customized settings.

Code:
      "limitTextureAtlasSize" : true,

That's the line you'll need to insert, you can do it at the top of the file like so:

Code:
    {
      "limitTextureAtlasSize" : true,
      "allowAdminCommands" : true,
      "allowAdminCommandsFromAnyone" : true,
      "allowAnonymousConnections" : true,

8. futons

Howdy, sorry for the delayed response, I wasn't experiencing this problem for a few days, so I didn't get to try this until now. Graphics reappeared after restarting the game, all is good now.

Thanks a lot for the help : )

9. helpmeet

helpmeet Space Hobo

How is it that i get to this on my OS X El Capitan

10. Healthire

Sorry for the long delay, holiday times etc. It's an option in the graphics menu in the Starbound options. You'll need to turn it on and then restart the game.