RELEASED [SMAPI] CasksAnywhere

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by LeonBlade, Jan 3, 2017.

1. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

Hello everyone,

This is my first published mod for Stardew Valley. It's very simple and was made under the request by @ShneekeyTheLost over here for a way to use Casks anywhere in the game and not just in the Cellar.

For those interested in how the mod works, to put it in simple terms, whenever you interact with a Cask in the game, it gets replaced with a Hijacked Cask which allows you to add items to it regardless of position and then turns back after you're done interacting with it.

The code for this mod can be found on GitHub for those interested. If you have any requests like setting a filter for the Casks instead of allowing anywhere (like the FarmHouse and the Cellar) or anything else, please feel free to post them here. Also be sure to leave any issues in the thread or on GitHub.

GitHub: https://github.com/LeonBlade/CasksAnywhere/releases/
    Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/878/
    Chucklefish: https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/casks-anywhere.5486/

v1.3.1
    • Updates for SDV 1.3.33.
    v1.3.0
    • Update to SDV 1.3

v1.2.0
    • Fixes controller support

v1.1.0
    • Overall fixes with better performance
    • Requires SMAPI 1.7 (bug with 1.6)
    v1.0.0
    • Initial release

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
      kenjiro78 and foghorn like this.
    • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

You are a gentleperson and a scholar, and I salute you!

Seems to not work in a shed, for some reason

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
        LeonBlade likes this.
      • LeonBlade

It shouldn't care where you do it, I don't have a shed in any of my files, so I'll have to figure something out to get a shed. Does it work otherwise though? I tested on the Farm, in the FarmHouse and one screen over from the Farm.

EDIT: Just tested it in a shed and it works fine. I have a feeling it's a timing issue. I'm currently working on a better way to hijack the casts, I'll update the mod soon and it should fix this problem.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
        • retsnom

retsnom Intergalactic Tourist

This sounds amazing and just like what i want. But right now it wont work (tried a cask outside my house and in my house) though i have no cellar unlocked yet. i tried it on a new file. does that change anything?

My bad. if cellar is unlocked it does indeed seem to accept my wine! now we wait!

• LeonBlade

It works fine for me, however, I believe there might be some problems with the timing so I will be working to fix this soon.

• waywardsoul717

waywardsoul717 Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, i'm very new to modding games and I've tried to figure this out, but I have no idea how to install this. I feel like I'm missing something really obvious....

• LeonBlade

Go to http://canimod.com/

• LeonBlade

I updated the mod to v1.1, it now requires SMAPI 1.6 but should now be fully stable.

• Mr.Persom

Mr.Persom Void-Bound Voyager

When I sell something by putting it in the shipping box, and then go to sleep, then it freezes on the black 'Saving...' screen.
                    It only happens when I sell something, and click 'OK' after seeing the gold report.

After some debugging, I've come to the conclusion that it is your mod that is causing this. Which is a damn shame, because this is the one mod I truly need.

I went ahead and included the crash report from the debug console.
                    http://pastebin.com/4y6MKbJY

• LeonBlade

This was a bug related to SMAPI 1.6, try updating to 1.7 and see if that fixes your problem.

• Mr.Persom

SMAPI 1.7? All I can find is 1.6

• LeonBlade

It's available now! Sorry!

• Mr.Persom

Gotcha. Thank you!

• ShneekeyTheLost

For some very strange reason, it is simply not working for me. Perhaps because I am on a Linux machine? I didn't see anything wrong with the mod being loaded, with SMAPI 1.7 and the more verbose logging, I can't find anything in the error log that is pointing to Casks Anywhere not loading, but it simply doesn't function. It still tells me that casks can only be used in a cellar.

EDIT: I've figured it out. I can left-click wine/ale into a cask anywhere, but I cannot left-click it, and it will not work with the FarmAutomation mod because of how you are doing swapsies with the barrels.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
                              • LeonBlade

What do you mean you can left-click it but you can't left-click it? If you can explain in more detail what you are trying to do I will see about fixing the problem.

• ShneekeyTheLost

Pardon... I can left-click and place the wine into the cask anywhere. However, I cannot right-click it in, it has vanilla interaction with a right-click (i.e. only usable in cellar). The mod FarmAutomation also won't work with them outside of the cellar, probably because it uses the typical insertion mechanic, instead of your version.

Not sure if it can be fixed or not, due to the hoops you had to jump through to get it to work in the first place.

• LeonBlade

I just tried out the right-click and the FarmAutomation mod. Both work perfectly for me. I feel like you might have some other mod that might be conflicting here? Do you see any error logs at all?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
                                    • ShneekeyTheLost

No, no errors in the log. I went ahead and removed all the other mods except Cask Anywhere and FarmAutomation. Right-clicking won't let me put it in the cask (asks me if I want to drink it instead), and putting it in an adjacent chest brings up the 'only in a cellar' message.

Think it could have something to do with me being on Linux? Been having some odd errors with EF for ALL and Expanded Cellars as well.

• LeonBlade

It might be a Linux thing, but I don't think it would be. I developed the mod on Mac, and I don't think there should be any problem. Are you updated to the latest version of SDV and SMAPI?

Right-clicking will sometimes result in the drinking message if you don't click in the right place, personally, I would just use left-click instead anyway... I did test the mod and it worked perfectly fine for all these cases.

• Dainina

Dainina Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! This Mod does not seem to work with CJB Automation. I love this mod and if you could look into it that'd be really nice ^_^
                                          Thank you <3