RP No Man's Land- Chapter 2: Off the Rails (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Roland Weiss, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

((@Dragonclaw @HunterC1998 @Jareix Cryvix @Dipdoo @BlueShard @Arra @critsarecool @themushroomlord that should be everyone))

A story has to start somewhere, and this one starts in a town on the western boarder of Neue Bayern, at a train station. The train made its last stop before setting forth on a journey through No Man’s Land, destined to arrive at the base-camp located partway down the line. A peculiar crowd of gun-hand mercs will be boarding this train; soldiers, wanderers, bounty hunters and the odd ‘robot’; only time will tell what this story has in store for them.

The station was sparsely appointed; it had only been built a week before, the furniture still had plastic wrap on the upholstery. Perhaps when the rail line was completed, the expected influx of traffic might justify improving the amenities, but until then the place would remain utilitarian. The odd group of mercs were ushered on to the boarding platform, where a gentleman in a military officer-inspired uniform appeared to be directing the whole process of prepping the train for departure. He beckons the group, gesturing for them to board.

“Ah, these must be the mercenaries we’ve hired? Damn, we must be desperate… No matter, all aboard, we don’t have a moment to lose!”

HunterC1998, Dragonclaw and Arra like this.
  2. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Maxwell, standing in the rear of his group with a small pack mule drone he lovingly refers to as " Kronos" He pushes up his glasses as he chews on the end of his coat string. He looks about, his right arm going into a "Jermyn" state before going back to normal. He glances around. His music is slightly audible outside of his headphones

" I am machine I never sleep I keep my eyes wide open...."

Jade looks around with some awe...She wraps an arm around Lance, nudging him
    " Wakey Wakey crippy...."

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    HunterC1998 and Dragonclaw like this.
  3. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Amira overeagerly leaps onto the train like a child on a pony ride, Rubio coming up behind, head in palms and flush with embarrassment as the excited cannibal gleefully looks about the train's interior with wonder... Amira had been up all morning in excitement, having never been on a train before, or anything mechanical for that matter. Normally this would be around her bedtime, which made her just a little loopy... Hopefully she'll tire herself out before Rubio has to pull her out of trouble...
    "Lookit disn' Ru! There's metal e'ry where! We could scrap th' thin' and make s' more thin's!"
    "Amira, we've been over this. These people are hiring us. Nothing here is for us to scrap and loot. This is not a raider base, this is our new base. We won't be moving place to place anymore, we are staying in one spot and coming back...

HunterC1998 likes this.
  4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Aden gets on board and takes a look around, grinning. He'd never done anything like this before. Actually he had, but this time it was going to be... better. This time the people he would be working with would be more unique. Hopefully.
    "Now THIS is going to be interesting."

Arra likes this.
  5. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

He rolls his eyes with an unnoticeable smile as he heads for the train, giving a cold glare at the 'officer' as he heads onto the train after Jade, not letting anyone between him and her.

6. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Alistair scowls at the conductor, muttering. After a moment, however, he straightens himself and stiffly walks onto the train.

7. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

What appears to be a huge humanoid robot, pulling a small wooden cart, begins slowly walking to the train. When it reaches the train it easily lifts the cart up and boards the train, where it settles in the corner of the carriage it's in.
    The machine turns to face the nearest passenger, "Hello"

8. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade smiles a bit...She looks over for anyone of interest

Maxwell huffs...He heads to board the train

9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

There's quite a few people here, in the dozens; as you look about, you notice someone who seems to take great interest in your drone.
    The officer simply raises an eyebrow, expecting a comment from you. When you continue to board the train, he makes an aside comment to one of the guards. "Do you know what's his problem?"

Once you board, a guard stops you both, holding a hand scanner. "Excuse me! I need to check your papers."
    The train certainly was sleek, designed for maximum aerodynamic efficiency. The inside was also clean, looking as new as the train station. A guard taps on Amira's shoulder. "Uh, hi. I need to see your papers, and please don't break anything. It won't be fun if it falls apart travelling at five-hundred kph..."
    The interior was clean, mint condition almost. And there certainly was quite the unique crowd, mercs of all stripes were tromping onboard, though there seems to be quite the commotion as a three metre tall robot boards just behind you, carrying an odd choice of luggage.
    The officer pays you no mind, his attention distracted by on of the other passengers, a black-coated man with a cane. A guard also stops you. "Papers, please."
    Seems tromping onboard has caused a bit of a commotion; it's doubtful anyone thought to design the doors for something of your stature to fit through. A guard runs up, shouting at you. "Hey! Whoa, you can't put that there!"

Dragonclaw and HunterC1998 like this.
  10. HunterC1998

Lance just fishes around in his coat for the papers, not wasting time answering.

11. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Rubio shows them the papers she had (if she had them)
    Amira shows hers. They've been doodled all over in charcoal...

12. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Drawing the required paperwork out of his jacket's inner pocket, he slaps then forcefully into the conductor's hand and boards the train.

13. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade knows Lance has her papers. She just makes a " zip it " motion to the person who asked the question

Maxwell pays closer attention to the person interested in Kronos
    He coughs into his hand, trying to get their attention
    " Yes? "

14. themushroomlord

As he moves to face the guard she hits his head on the ceiling, not hurting himself, but badly denting the roof, "Where do you want me to put it?", he says, swinging the cart around to the guard.

15. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

The guard quickly scans the papers, checks a few things over on a tablet and hands the papers back. "Everything seems to check out, Herr Stone. Welcome aboard..."
    The hardly placates him, as he just gets more insistent. "Excuse me, I need to see your papers."
    "Oh, hi! Sorry, I just saw your caddy drone, and had to take a closer look."
    The person in question is a woman with extensive cybernetics, though she looks normal at first glance, a closer look reveals such is not the case.
    The guard scans Rubio's papers without incident, but looks nonplussed at the state of Amira's. "What are you, a child?" He hands the papers back, and continues on to the next passenger.
    The guard grabs you by the shoulder. "Slow down, cowboy. There's a process to this; and I'm sure you'll want these back."
    The guard dodges out of the way, holding his hands out. "Not in the passenger cars! You need to take that to cargo, just like all the other heavy stuff!"

16. HunterC1998

He one-handedly catches his shoulder and puts another set of papers in his hand, "Is that all?"

17. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Ah..Heh. Yeah. You can take a look. Just don't open the little containers he carries..."

Jade waits for Lance to hand them her papers with a smile

18. themushroomlord

The robot leans in scarily close to the guard, "Where is the cargo?"

19. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Ramsey picks his head back up from his little stupor and strolls forward. "Hmm, I shouldn't have stayed up so late."

20. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

The guard double-checks the papers, a hint of annoyance on his face, as he scans them with a handheld device. He hands the papers to Jade. "Next time, handle your own papers and don't trust them to someone else."
    "Sure, sure. I won't be rooting through your luggage." The woman leans over to peek underneath. She's clearly trying to see what it uses to keep aloft.
    He leans back a bit, worry clearly showing on his face. "Uh, three cars down. You'll need to access it from the outside."
    Perhaps you can nap on the train once you get to your seat. At any rate, it seems the train guards are checking the paperwork of the passengers.

Arra and Dragonclaw like this.