WIP Barfy's Fancy Farmhouses (and other addons) UPDATE: Links are back up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by barfyscorpion, Apr 8, 2016.

1. お茶Mi's

お茶Mi's Big Damn Hero

Such a lovely Collection <3

• SBurrito

SBurrito Aquatic Astronaut

Is this Mod still being Updated? I would honestly LOVE to have the blue Farmhouse & Buildings, but I think the missing Mill, Shed, Gold Clock, etc would drive me crazy. It is an adorable mod, but I don't think I will be able to use it with other buildings missing. :cry:

• SBurrito

Could you help me please? I only got to where I have my files unpacked, and I just can't find out how to edit the .png files. Am I missing something? I feel like I probably need a specific software or something to change the .png files, because I would like to attempt to do the Shed, Mill, etc, in the same style as these houses, but I can't figure out how. :rainbowbarf:

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

In order to edit the .png files, all you need is an image editing software other than MS Paint. The reason for that is MS Paint would get rid of the background transparency. But programs such as Photoshop, Gimp, Aseprite should do the trick.

Little Lea likes this.
          • Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

I'mma add Paint.NET in here. Free, and much loved by myself. c:

foghorn likes this.
            • barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not sure what you mean, but to clarify in case: You will be able to have the gold clock, shed, etc in your farm still, they WILL show up, they just will be the default styles that come with the game (as I haven't made new textures for them). They aren't 'missing', but they don't have a replacement.

I'm a mod author in a handful of different game communities and often have multiple projects going on at once; my mod here is at the bottom of my priority list unfortunately. When I start picking up SDV again (which will be sometime ish), if the shed and etc that I don't have to match start to bother me I'll certainly be making replacements for them. If not, it's up to someone else to do so if they desperately want to use this mod but can't stand the default buildings being mixed in with them.

Also yes I haven't forgotten about the kitchen. I'd have to update it to work with the current farmhouse tileset that came with the last update for it to work for anyone, so it's a noted thing I need to fix but again, low on my list of things I'm currently working on.

Sorry if this news upsets anyone! I hate to be a downer. I wouldn't say my mod is discontinued or anything, just, updates will be slow-going.

• SBurrito

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. If you are interested, I looked up a few tutorials and started to recolor the existing designs. When I am done I will link you to them! :DD

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
                • SBurrito

Ok so I managed to recolor the Shed:
                  Shed.png

But after following all of foghorns instructions (EXACTLY), I still wasn't able to get it to work. I packed the new .png file and the untouched .yaml file into the .xnb file, and copied/pasted the new .xnb into my game file, but it wouldn't work. I closed and reopened the game twice but only the original red shed's appearance stayed in the same. I don't know if I did something wrong. :facepalm:

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

That's odd. Did you replace the file inside the Buildings folder and not the Maps folder?
                    The shed looks awesome btw. Good job matching the other buildings. :)

SBurrito likes this.
                    • SBurrito

Thanks! But yeah, I did replace it with the one in the buildings folder. I might just try the unpacking/packing process again and see if it fixes it. When I am done with the final (and hopefully working) shed design, I will link it in the comments so that people may download it as they please.:catface: I am also working on the Mill now, and then I might do either the Gold Clock or Slime Hutch.:rainbowbarf:

• SBurrito

I got it to work! I just replaced the .png and now it works. :up:

If anyone is interested, I did a Shed Recolor to match Barfy's Style:
                        [​IMG]

Here is the download link :poke:: https://mega.nz/#!i55hyQxB!-Y762-ETQDyUQu27fCWNUu8AitgtP5W6DN5kI2zlk2I

Enjoy!<3

(I am currently working on the mill, and will post when it is finished.):casper:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
                        • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It is very pretty :>

お茶Mi's likes this.
                          • PandaSong

PandaSong Void-Bound Voyager

Love it! You did a good job and I'll definitely download that and the mill when you're done.

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
                            • SBurrito

Little Lea likes this.
                            • SBurrito

AHHH! Sorry it took so long, but here is the Gold Clock Recolor <3
                              Gold Clock.png

I decided in the end to do the Gold Clock first because I feel like it stands out more than the Mill does. This doesn't mean I am not doing a Mill recolor, but I'm not rushing to do it unless there is some sort of special request. :up:
                              For now though, Here is the download link! :poke:: https://mega.nz/#!GswhyJAC!zKoNRscdpreIFowHxJJtzZoomfiAkcEMLOTtPNMs2r0

Please let me know if there are any problems with the coloring or link. :fishbowl:

I just did a recolor of an existing clock redesign. :rainbowbarf: Full credit goes to the original creator of the design of this clock recolor, who did a Witchy/Gothic Building overhaul. Check them out here: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/420/?tab=1&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/ajax/moddescription/?id=420&preview=&pUp=1

Attached Files:

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

• bubblegumm

bubblegumm Space Spelunker

Doesn’t work right. The new item’s icons are fine but when you actually place it, it doesn’t apply the correct wallpaper/floortile,
                                Remains the standard game wallpapers, pls fix :catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry:

• barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

I need more specific information to fix this.

Are you currently using the Beta that is available on Steam?
                                  Have you overridden my wallpapers.xnb files somehow with a different mod?

As I am personally not having any issues using the replacements, I need to troubleshoot the issue.

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You need to replace the walls_and_floors in the Content folder AND the Maps folder. That fixes your problem.