1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

greenRAM updated Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

v1.37 small fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. greenRAM

3. greenRAM

4. gg30433043

gg30433043 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Quick Question(also great mod!), are any full grown plants 4 blocks tall? Im growing some in my ship and don't want to re plant them later if they decide not to continue growing.

5. greenRAM

I think there are some really big plants in there like that. Furniture plants I tried to typically make pretty big. Though, you don't have to worry about it deciding not to continue growing. If you can place a plant, then it will grow through it's entire cycle. You can think of plants as basically like any other object, but with a slow animation with a drop pool that can be triggered within its last frame. Then the plant animation either can loop back around to an earlier frame, or you can make it break the plant. It would be neat if you could trigger other things as well, like triggering an explosion or poison gas. Farming could become very dangerous business then.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  6. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Here's a random bug report that I felt like dropping in, in regards to two plants I've hit recently.

First, Pure Honey T3 seems to still require water to grow, despite it being, y'know, a hanging liquidplant, so seems a bit off the combo.

In additition, the growth speed for Silver T3 seems really weird. It's stage one seems extremely elongated, especially compared to the other T3 oreseeds I've currently gathered. It finally dries the earth and goes to the second stage about the time it takes for the rest of the oreseeds of lower tierage to grow, a behavior not really shared with my other T3 oreseeds. This could be as intended, but seemed like a weird anomaly so included that as a report.

greenRAM likes this.
  7. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Frackin Universe has added four new ores since the last OP+ update. Xxithricite, Isogen, Pyreite, and Effigium.

greenRAM likes this.
  8. greenRAM

Easy fixes. Thanks for the feedback. Silver's T4 plant also seems weird. Fixed that too. They'll be included in the next mini-update. Still don't have enough time to make a proper update these days.

I'll add those in and then update. Thanks for the feedback. I need more free time to keep up with this game again. Got to start looking for a better job.

edit: done with the plant structures and updated all of their corresponding recipes and drop pools. Now, I just have to work on the art next. That part tends to take a little more time.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  9. greenRAM

10. greenRAM

v1.39 recipe fixes!

11. greenRAM

v1.40 essense plants!

12. Exaxxion4096

Exaxxion4096 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Howdy greenRAM, really enjoying this mod. I can tell you've put a lot of work into it.

One question though-- for produce plants, is there just the Tier 0 and regular plant seed?

I saw there were produce plant tiers from one of the updates and I was thinking that it was similar to ore plants with multiple tiers. I'm guessing that multiple-yield plants isn't a thing because in vanilla there's the food rot system, making such items unstackable.

13. greenRAM

Yeah, there's no point in updating to a regular plant unless you have a mod that allows stacking again. Though, they do become much more interesting looking with an update, even without the benefit of the additional drops. For instance, updating the drink plants will give you maid plants that serve the drinks. Much more swanky! Still, most of the food plants haven't been updated with a tier zero plant yet, so they still require a stacking mod just to make those plants. I need to get in there and update the rest when I have time.

14. Exaxxion4096

Exaxxion4096 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah I use a mod so I can stack food items; I don't much care for the rot system. Might be wrong but I swear it didn't used to exist.

I was curious about higher tier produce plants because it could help me compact my existing setup, which I suspect is causing a lot of lag. I like making crazy farms in all the voxel games I play (currently I sell extra seeds and produce in stacks of 500). Even with the generally reliable Harvester Beamgun mod, maintaining all those vanilla plants gets tedious. The tier 0 plants are great because I don't have to constantly replant them; it also helped enormously because I could not for the life of me find a neonmelon plant to take back home.

One thing I noticed when I tried relocating my mushroom plants (upgraded from the t0 seed) is that they broke into a single mushroom crafting item instead of their seed. I suspect that's not intended?

15. greenRAM

Hm... I think I see what I did wrong there. I made a better working version of the vanilla mushroom seed, but it looks like I didn't end up using to it. I'll have it fixed in the next update. Though, you'll unfortunately need to make the seed again after it's fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

I took a shortcut with most of the produce plant creation, simply allowing you to create the vanilla plants with the mod. I might need to properly create new plants if I decide to create a tiered system for them. I'll think about it if I end up having more time.

16. greenRAM

v1.41 Restructuring?!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  17. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Throwing a crashing error on startup. Looks like it didn't .pak up correctly.

Attached Files:

greenRAM likes this.
  18. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

oh good so i'm not the only one who ran into that issue?

greenRAM likes this.
  19. greenRAM

20. Tsatsralt

Tsatsralt Void-Bound Voyager

Hello
    I'm fairly new to this community. Great mod. Unfortunately I can't download fix. Files I downloaded still crashes Starbound