1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [FIXED] Seeds disappear at the end of a rainy day?

Discussion in 'Support' started by EvilSplitPersona, Jan 11, 2017.

1. EvilSplitPersona

EvilSplitPersona Space Hobo

Hey all,

I'm in my first spring and I just had the Egg Festival the previous day, so it's Spring 14 and raining. I got the spring seeds from the one bundle and planted those the day of the festival and then bought strawberry seeds and planted those the morning of the 14th. Cuz it is raining, I went to the mines for the day and got back after 9pm in game. When I got back, all of the seeds that were on the ground had disappeared, but any crop that was passed the seed stage was fine. I reloaded the save, mostly out of frustration cuz of losing 39 potential crops.

Worried that it may have been that my scarecrow hadn't covered them and they got eaten, I set up another scarecrow to make sure at least the strawberries were covered. Then it happened again. I left in my farm in the morning, did some stuff in town then went to the mine. I got back around 9-10pm and they were gone. Is this a bug? Or does rain wash away seeds so should I wait a day to plant my strawberries and give up on the spring seeds? I haven't found anything on the issue so I'm worried it's a bug.

I will play through the day again without going to the mines in a little bit if no one responds and post my findings, and probably a picture.

I appreciate any help!

• Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

PC or Console?
      Also did you put any scarecrow?

• EvilSplitPersona

I'm on PC. And yes, I had 2 scarecrows out. I only had 1 the first day and I thought that may have been the problem, that the new seeds weren't covered. So I made another and put it right beside my strawberries. It didn't matter, they still disappeared.

Edit: First day being my first attempt at the 14th, and the second being my second attempt. It was the same day in game. I played through it twice.

• Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

Was it Rain or Storm?
          I've seen some crops disappearing after storm's but it never went that bad o.o

• Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

If you upload your save file's i can edit it (Adding the seed's to your inv)

• EvilSplitPersona

I'm not sure how to do that. Is there a tutorial you can link to?

Edit: Cuz it would be nice to not lose the seeds.
              As it was spring, I doubt it was a storm but I can check.

Edit edit: It's just rain. I attached a picture. As I just loaded up the save, I didn't plant any of the strawberries but anywhere there are seeds, they disappeared.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
              • Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

How to upload your save?
                Press Win+R.
                On the little windle put %appdata%
                It will open a folder, inside there's the StardewValley Folder
                And inside it the Saves Folder,
                Right Click your Save Game Folder and you should get the option to zip it.
                Then you can uploading it dragging it to the reply box while writing your next post here.

How to Edit your Save?
                http://community.playstarbound.com/...-guide-for-solving-some-common-issues.110762/

Edit: how many of each did you lose?

• EvilSplitPersona

I only lost 30 Spring Seeds. The strawberry seeds are currently in my inventory and fine whenever I reload the save. Anything else I planted is mixed seeds that I find on my farm cuz I'm on the forest map and that's not much of a loss.
                  I only have one save file at the moment, Alma, so it'll be that one.

Screenshots of beginning of my day (after planting) and the end.
                  TheCaseOfTheDisappearingSeeds2.png TheCaseOfTheDisappearingSeeds3.png

Attached Files:

• Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

There ya go also gave you a cookie have a good day

Attached Files:

• EvilSplitPersona

Thank you so much!