Abandoned/Derelict ships and stations

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by ignitelight, Jan 10, 2017.

?

would this be a good idea?

1. Yes

58.3%
  2. Yes, with a few tweaks

25.0%
  3. 50/50

8.3%
  4. no, but maybe with a lot of tweaks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. not really feeling it

8.3%
  6. hate it. pack up your bags and leave this forum!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ignitelight

ignitelight Orbital Explorer

Now, my idea would be that derelict ships and stations could be found randomly across planets/in space. the ones on planets would be just for salvage and have no functionality, but the ones that could be found orbiting suns would act like mini planets. you would orbit near them and beam into them, some would have oxygen, some wouldn't. They would be random in size/race of the ship and sometimes security could be found still protecting the long forgotten ship. You could repair the ships and take over these ships (if possible) and then use that as your ship forever.

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

What'd you do of your other ship?

3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

lose it, "park it" - there could be an option to park the ship, which basically disables the ship and you can select at pengiun pete which ship is goign to be your active one. Related files could be named shipworld1 whipworld2 ect to differ these ships. I would love to have a floran ship for my human.

at the very moment CF scrapped the old story there was no reason anymore to keep the ships bound to race instead they could have made you choose a ship type when you flee from earth.

4. ignitelight

yeah, thats a good way. If that wasn't going to be an option, you would just abandon your ship there. i mean, if you remembered its co-ords, you could go back to it, but that's unlikely. Anwyay, you wouldnt HAVE to take the ship over.

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Eh. Why the hells not? That could come handy for those looking for another ship than their character's race one

6. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

space hulks hm? i like it

7. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

to LilyV3
    You know there is a mod so you can change your ship to floran if you are a human right?

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

There's plenty of mods like that bud

9. ignitelight

Yeah, but I think they mean it'd be handy for people who don't want to mod the game.

10. DerSocken

DerSocken Void-Bound Voyager

I think lost Spaceships/-stations would be really nice. especially if you can find some living Monsters and LOOT :D.

It could also be a base for Spacefights because you can find Weapons and other gear on them.

11. ignitelight

quite possibly! But I'm happy to announce...

THEY'RE ADDING THIS IN :D :D :D :D :D :D