[Poll] Your favorite spouse (male)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jerev, Jan 10, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite marriage candidate?

1. Alex

26 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Elliott

41 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Harvey

34 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Sam

16 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. Sebastian

78 vote(s)
    29.9%
  6. Shane

66 vote(s)
    25.3%
  1. Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

The last poll I saw on this forum was from before 1.1 and therefore didn't include Shane and Emily. So in order to get the current numbers I created this poll.
    Because of the fact that a poll can only have 10 choices but the game has 12 singels I will create a second thread.

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

...chikn manz :confirm:

• Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sebastian at first for being a geeky introvert. But Shane's grown on me.

Not that I've married any of them in-game yet. It's just all this talk about Shane on the forums :)

plagueborn667 and springacres like this.
        • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

^ Pretty much the same reasoning for my pick - Seb will always be my number 1 hubby, but Shane is pretty sweet too. Haven't married anyone else yet, gonna try Sam eventually.

• Pillowtroop1

Pillowtroop1 Void-Bound Voyager

I wounder what it would be like with Linus... or the governor *shudder*...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
            • Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

There is a mod that lets you romance Linus and it contains a nice visual update if you don't wanna romance his older self.

• ThePineappleWarlord

ThePineappleWarlord Title Not Found

TOOT TOOT! All aboard the Shane Train!

• EnchantedFox2121

EnchantedFox2121 Orbital Explorer

I chose Elliot because he's who I'm going to marry for my first playthrough. I also like that he's a writer since I like to write and read. :) Shane & Alex are tied for my second choice.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I find it kind of surprising that Elliott isn't at the top. Was he not everybody's darling?

• Tigerle

Tigerle Subatomic Cosmonaut

Elliotts problem: Everybody includes himself!

blind3rdeye and AndrewH like this.
                      • Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Browse forums and online enough and you'll realize that this poll is nothing out of the ordinary at all. It's basically the standard.

Honestly though, I love all of the bachelors and I know many other do too. They all have qualities that I adore and some that I don't like.

My vote in this poll really came down to one question: which one of them likes to hold chickens?

"Chikn manz" does.

StardewSinger and Eldachleich like this.
                        • ciphermandy

ciphermandy 2.7182818284590...

Count me as another on the Shane train!

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

seb for lyfe
                            always have loved him and always will

• Katiaflowers

Katiaflowers Space Hobo

Elliot is the only one who appeals to me, while I do feel for Shane. i have depression to do I can relate even though he isn't a hottie.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                              • potatochair

potatochair Void-Bound Voyager

Sam was my first ever spouse in the game - I even have a perler sprite of him I bought off etsy - so I had to pick him as my favorite. I was really surprised at first to find out he was the least popular marriage candidate... I guess people can't look past the super saiyan hair, haha. I fell for him because he is so relaxed and friendly. You get the feeling he'll stick with you no matter what. :) He has lots of cute lines tbh (like that one during spring about the clouds looking like ice cream).

In my current save I'm going for Alex! And after that I have my eye on Harvey 8D

lannihamm, Dancy123 and Gerndalf like this.
                                • Sindrawolf

Sindrawolf Big Damn Hero

I'm on the sebastian train :3

I think it has to do with what people most identify with. I feel like more people would identify with Shane and Sebastian because of anxiety/depression and being a loner.

(I could be wrong don't kill me).

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Not much love for Doc Harvey? Well, more for me, I suppose.

Zosa, ViolentOtter, Sibella and 2 others like this.
                                    • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Geeky introvert with depression, anxiety, and a retail job in her past to join the Shane train here.

Gerndalf likes this.
                                      • Smallcorners

Smallcorners Subatomic Cosmonaut

I want to like Harvey, I really do, but at the dance he tells you he is thinking of asking someone else to dance, is surprised you like him, then says he likes you too, but then why are you wanting to dance with someone else still??? I wish they would do more to approach you as your hearts grow to show there is some development.

Elliot at least says he is glad to see you when you happen to meet on the bridge.

Gerndalf likes this.
                                        • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

I thought Harvey's dialogue at the Flower Dance referenced him trying to get up the courage to ask "someone" to dance. He doesn't say who that might be, or even if he has someone specific in mind. (though honestly, he probably does have a bit of a crush on Maru, at least in the early game.)

ChaosAzeroth likes this.